Author Topic: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...  (Read 129607 times)

Vasarto

• Boss
Re: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...
« Reply #320 on: December 14, 2012, 10:38:08 PM »
Have I shown you guys these ones yet?

Also how long until we can start saving these as an actual file without having the need of a server to save them with lol.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #321 on: December 14, 2012, 10:45:48 PM »

Awesome! Now I can make that T-Rex character I always wanted!!!

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #322 on: December 15, 2012, 01:47:18 AM »
Have I shown you guys these ones yet?

Also how long until we can start saving these as an actual file without having the need of a server to save them with lol.

you can just save and load costumes same as before, so when the game is back could prolly just load the costume

Gothenem

• Minion
« Reply #323 on: December 15, 2012, 02:06:30 AM »
Since zone maps are are in the Piggs on the computer, is it possible to bypass the internet requirement and load up a zone map for a toon to run around in?

I mean, there doesn't have to be NPC's there or anything, just an empty zone for screenshots or whatnot?

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #324 on: December 15, 2012, 02:15:39 AM »
Since zone maps are are in the Piggs on the computer, is it possible to bypass the internet requirement and load up a zone map for a toon to run around in?

I mean, there doesn't have to be NPC's there or anything, just an empty zone for screenshots or whatnot?

I suspect we'll get something like this, eventually. And it'll come from nowhere, just like Icon did.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #325 on: December 15, 2012, 05:25:37 AM »

Yes and no.  You could simply make a looping demorecord using that zone map and use the free camera feature to fly around the map (press F2 while in a demorecord and you can move the camera independently of the originally recorded viewpoint).  That's possible right now.

However, I do not believe its possible to run around the map with an actual character in the same way the costume creator works, because the client can't do that completely independently of game servers.  I would guess that while 100% of the costume creator functionality exists in the game client, which makes Icon.exe possible, 99% of the functionality necessary to operate an empty map exists within the game client.  That missing 1% would need to be explicitly written, and its probably not a trivial 1%.

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #326 on: December 15, 2012, 05:44:09 AM »
All right, since I know a few people *cough* have been itching for this, here's a very, VERY rough version. Call it an alpha test.

Oh my god!

Thank you. Thank you very much.

I have been feeling the pain lately, and went away from forums, and to come back, and see a useable costume creator - is just soooo good.

Thank you.

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #327 on: December 15, 2012, 06:01:19 AM »
damn I wanna run around as a Icy Blaster or Ice Tanker Santa claus....so..Freaking...BAD

I think it would be hilarious to do that in the game and it never occured to me to build santa claus until now. Now I wanna play more than ever lol.
Santa Laying the beat down on Street Thugs who have been especially naughty this year lol.

No more coal for YOU naughty children...Now instead you get a stocking full of Santas Fist!

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #328 on: December 15, 2012, 06:29:17 AM »
A mod or the first poster should edit the OP of this thread with a link to the "official" Icon thread.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #329 on: December 15, 2012, 07:34:06 AM »
Okie dokie. Locking this thread to shunt all posts to the 'official' thread: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7288.0.html

~Agge
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal