Author Topic: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...  (Read 128728 times)

Servantes

• Minion
Re: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...
« Reply #240 on: December 12, 2012, 01:24:55 AM »
Just being able to play with the costume creator is 100% awesome.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #241 on: December 12, 2012, 01:33:30 AM »
It won't download for me..I think it's because I uninstalled the launcher.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #242 on: December 12, 2012, 01:35:43 AM »
It has nothing to do with the launcher. I've uninstalled the launcher from my laptop the day after the shutdown, and Icon works fine for me.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #243 on: December 12, 2012, 01:36:50 AM »
I have no answer then.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #244 on: December 12, 2012, 01:45:48 AM »
It won't download for me..I think it's because I uninstalled the launcher.
When you say "It won't download", what are you trying to download?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #245 on: December 12, 2012, 01:47:12 AM »
I keep getting a 'failed to launch process!' error when I click  on 'run' to run the process. :(

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #246 on: December 12, 2012, 01:52:49 AM »
Did you save it to / run it from your COH installation directory?

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #247 on: December 12, 2012, 02:11:35 AM »
Yes...still no luck

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #248 on: December 12, 2012, 02:12:00 AM »
Did you save it to / run it from your COH installation directory?

How do I do that? I click on you link. A download thing opens at the bottom of my screen. i click it to 'run' and I get that error. What am i doing wrong?  Something's not doing what it's supposed to be doing for me to save it to my coh install directory.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #249 on: December 12, 2012, 02:16:26 AM »
How do I do that? I click on you link. A download thing opens at the bottom of my screen. i click it to 'run' and I get that error. What am i doing wrong?  Something's not doing what it's supposed to be doing for me to save it to my coh install directory.
Don't click the link and run directly from there.  Save the file instead.  If there isn't an option to save it, instead of clicking the link and letting it decide for you, right click the link and select the option to "Save Link As".

When the prompt for where to save the file comes up, select your CoH installation folder.  (Probably either "C:\program files\NCsoft\City of Heroes" or "C:\program files (x86)\NCsoft\City of Heroes").

Once the file has been saved, navigate to your CoH installation folder.  Run Icon.exe from there.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #250 on: December 12, 2012, 02:16:36 AM »
Yes...still no luck

What kind of error are you getting?

When you download it, you need to tell it you want to save to a specified location instead of letting your browser put it in Downloads or wherever it feels like it. You'll need to navigate to your City of Heroes installation directory, which if you took the defaults is probably under "C:\Program Files\City of Heroes" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\City of Heroes".

If your browser doesn't give you a choice, then you'll have to copy icon.exe into that folder yourself and run it from there.

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2012, 02:18:50 AM »
THAT DID IT!!  ;D

AWESOMENESS!!

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2012, 02:36:14 AM »
My issue from a few pages back is resolved:

I had "moved" the piggs folder instead of copying it as a backup.  So now I'm using 12gb of space.

Works awesome.

The NPC bits are amazing.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #253 on: December 12, 2012, 02:45:04 AM »
I got it to run! I had it in the "C:\Program Files\NCSoft" and moved it to "C:\Program Files\NCSoft\City of Heroes". I also had to go to my Trend Micro ant-virus proggy and give it permission to run. I deleted the Beta folder a while back, so I don't get all the goodies. (Wish I could get it back from a zip file lol.) It sure is nice to be able to at least use that wonderful feature again. Thank you Codewalker. 

Medicow

• Underling
« Reply #254 on: December 12, 2012, 04:14:21 AM »
*3 obsieces and nine kowtows to Codewalker* You are a wonder, a saint, a darling. I could go on all day on how great and fantastically wonderful you are. You have mad so many happy and this close to Christmas.. giving us all this gift.. I Dub you... St. Codewalker the Fantastic. I bow before you.. then.. *glomtacklehugs from the happy purple cow*

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #255 on: December 12, 2012, 04:23:53 AM »
got it to work...

Spoiler for Hidden:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:40:08 AM by Vasarto »

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #256 on: December 12, 2012, 04:39:53 AM »
Guess who this is!

Spoiler for Hidden:

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #257 on: December 12, 2012, 04:57:44 AM »
Gladly, the cross-eyed bear? Nope, it's POOH!

White Guardsman

• Underling
« Reply #258 on: December 12, 2012, 05:33:09 AM »
I would like to thank you Codewalker for doing this. I can at least get images of my favorite characters and those that I wanted to create, but didn't have time for.

You are the best!   :D

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #259 on: December 12, 2012, 06:36:16 AM »
I got to say this, but I'll sensor myself.

I _______ love Titan Network.  Thank you! :D (Insert favorite expletive.)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran