Author Topic: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...  (Read 128691 times)

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
Re: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2012, 05:45:36 PM »
Greetings Perfidus, and I have been fighting as best I've been able to.

Hopefully I can get the game to work on my other PC. I apologize if I didn't read details yet, is it possible to log into the game beyond the character creator? That's a grand step itself yet, I got a busy error if I tried logging in which I'd imagine it'd be busy.

No, we can't log into the game at all. Especially beyond the creator.

All Codewalker's program does to get the creator is fool the program into thinking it's logged in and at the creator.
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2012, 07:29:35 PM »
I know I'm totally way late to the party and everything but I have to say...

Wow. Words are mostly inadequate for how this makes me feel. I've danced around the house some, I've made incomprehensible noises. I want to run a marathon and I want to just look at it.

This is so wonderful what you've done for this community - all of you. The Icon thing, the DEMOlition conversion tool.

I can't say thank you enough.

Zyxith

« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2012, 07:31:20 PM »
Indeed, the ability to use the character creator alone is wonderful. Thank you everyone that helped with such!

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2012, 07:33:24 PM »
The official servers have been shut down and obviously can't be used.
As for private ones, there are none and it's unlikely we'll see any within next year or so.
This said, they are being worked on, so have patience (and in the meantime, you can use the costume creator and experiment with demo editing)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Andy

• Underling
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2012, 07:36:05 PM »
Being able to tinker with costumes brings me great joy and happiness! Thank you so much for this!

dior

• Minion
« Reply #225 on: December 11, 2012, 07:36:40 PM »
WOW - wonders never cease!

Big thanks to ArachnosCommander for having wierd dreams and planting the seeds.
Big respect to Codewalker - had doubts at first, but picked up the ball and ran with the idea.
Big STALWART REVISITED badge to RedRaccoon for being logged on so long after we were sunsetted!

Just goes to show what gems and geniuses there are within the community!

If it is possible to stir the character creator into life, one never knows what other wonders are possible.

You guys have been written into the "book of cool dudes"!!

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #226 on: December 11, 2012, 08:29:52 PM »
Yeah I have got to chime in here. Yesterday I was in tears of joy playing around with the first version of the Icon.exe and today this is just the freakin cat's meow.

THANK YOU. I has such a happy!

Aethon

• Underling
« Reply #227 on: December 11, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »
Great work, everyone.

Reminds me of Beta when we found out that, while you couldn't play the game outside of the testing window, you could keep the character creator open and tinker with that to your hearts content. Lots of happy people then as well.

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #228 on: December 11, 2012, 09:19:07 PM »
Just before Codewalker put icon out, I was playing with the old, Korean stand alone creator.  Correct me if I am wrong...but I seem to remember that the Costume Creator underwent a huge remake not long before Freedom. I had played maybe two years before the shut down and I seem to remember that it changed not long after I started.

Anyway....at the end of the Stand alone version (way way out dated  ugh) there a snapshot option and an activity option "bring your character to life"  where you could have your toon dance, wave, salute, etc.

Wish we had that.  BUT......the old version didn't let me see what it looked like when my energy blaster cut loose LOL.   I am SO enjoying this.

And though it does make me sad a bit...it also makes me more supportive..GO PLAN Z  GO PLAN Z
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #229 on: December 11, 2012, 09:27:11 PM »
Just before Codewalker put icon out, I was playing with the old, Korean stand alone creator.  Correct me if I am wrong...but I seem to remember that the Costume Creator underwent a huge remake not long before Freedom. I had played maybe two years before the shut down and I seem to remember that it changed not long after I started.

Anyway....at the end of the Stand alone version (way way out dated  ugh) there a snapshot option and an activity option "bring your character to life"  where you could have your toon dance, wave, salute, etc.

I believe the snapshot and activity/emotes were built/coded into the Korean creator and no where else.

I remember an early live server, real game version of the creator it's based on (2006 or so), that didn't have the snapshot and emote activity functions.

So yeah.. it would be nice.

:P
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Pep Rally

• Boss
« Reply #230 on: December 11, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »
Thanks Codewalker!! Awesome Job!

Damn you NCSoft, those Psi Melee animations are amazing! I could definitely see tons of Lantern Corp based toons popping up in I24.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #231 on: December 11, 2012, 10:31:41 PM »

Wish we had that.  BUT......the old version didn't let me see what it looked like when my energy blaster cut loose LOL.   I am SO enjoying this.

And though it does make me sad a bit...it also makes me more supportive..GO PLAN Z  GO PLAN Z

This website provides similar functionality: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7212.0.html
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #232 on: December 11, 2012, 10:39:28 PM »

Wish we had that.
Run the creator in developer mode (-n argument to the Icon executable) and you'll find a list of some basic actions and emotes to pick from above and to the right of the character model. :)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #233 on: December 11, 2012, 11:15:12 PM »
One thing I have noticed, however, is that in the BETA and -n (I haven't tried using -n on the live-version client), there is no way to quit, I have to actually cancel the exe using program manager. Trying to back out using the "back" key doesn't work, though I also haven't tried going "next" either.

I really love how the full/beta -n version gives you the oldest stuff like the City Of Hero creator's - including the old Elf Ears head. :D That takes me back.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #234 on: December 11, 2012, 11:23:01 PM »
One thing I have noticed, however, is that in the BETA and -n (I haven't tried using -n on the live-version client), there is no way to quit, I have to actually cancel the exe using program manager. Trying to back out using the "back" key doesn't work, though I also haven't tried going "next" either.

I really love how the full/beta -n version gives you the oldest stuff like the City Of Hero creator's - including the old Elf Ears head. :D That takes me back.

Run the game in a window (alt+enter). Then you can just click the X in the title bar to close it.

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #235 on: December 11, 2012, 11:31:55 PM »
This website provides similar functionality: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7212.0.html

OMG    If you ever want to stir up anger/hatred towards NCSoft....that will do it.  Just watching that Atlas Park Loading screen....then seeing the spot where Ms. Liberty stood....knowing Twin Shot is just over that wall...there.....and over there....some Hellions that need beating......
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

Queen of Eels

• Underling
« Reply #236 on: December 11, 2012, 11:48:50 PM »
Has anyone been able to get this to work with GLintercept and OGLE running? (I'm doing the model extraction process outlined at http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,4947.msg45382.html#msg45382)

I can run it fine without them, but it crashes when they are active.  I'd love to try and pull the models from the costume screen.

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #237 on: December 12, 2012, 12:16:17 AM »
Run the game in a window (alt+enter). Then you can just click the X in the title bar to close it.

.... yeah but... windowed. >_> just my personal preference, because I like getting as much as I can out of the game visually, I always run in full desktop mode. But yeah, I guess running -w will have to do. ;)

Speaking of such things:

It's clear from the Facebook posts about this program and others of use to us these days, that there are a good number of folks in need of simple, VISUAL images to show exactly where to put things, what goes where, and how to run the programs. I've already posted at least one (the sample demorecord and an image of where it ought to go), but if there's need (ie: if no one else already has such images) I can easily make more. If I know what specific ones to take, just from the "I do not program but I know where things go" standpoint, I'll be happy to do so.

Paragon Refugee

• Underling
« Reply #238 on: December 12, 2012, 12:32:34 AM »
Codewalker, I want to thank you giving me back a bit of something I loved for so long. To just see the program jump to life and to see the Character creator again made me want to sit at a computer and dream, explore and create.
It's a fantastic Christmas gift!

Thank you.

Paragon Refugee

Riff

• Lieutenant
« Reply #239 on: December 12, 2012, 01:18:56 AM »
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

I mean that! I've not had a chance to check it out but... wow. Thanks
  :)