Author Topic: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...  (Read 128692 times)

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
Re: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2012, 05:46:39 AM »
hyperstrike, thank god i wasnt drinking anything when i saw that, the image with the big muscular guy with miniscule tiny hands was just hysterical lol

if anything i like this version of the costume creator more since it allows nearly unlimited freedom

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2012, 05:51:33 AM »
Instructions For the Mac Edition (this should work both with the I23 and I24 clients):

0.  Most important:  MAKE A COPY OF YOUR CITY OF HEROES FOLDER.  Since we'll be modifying it irrecoverably, it's best to work with a copy.

1.  Download icon.exe from Codewalker's link.

2.  Toss the NCSoft Launcher in the trash.  Not really necessary, but it's fun.  Laugh while the trash empties.

3.  Use the finder's Go To Folder command and select ~/Library/Preferences.

4.  Delete com.ncsoft.* (anything beginning with that) and City of Heroes preferences.

5.  Right click on the City of Heroes application and select Show Package Contents.

6.  Go to Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > coh  ....  or that last part might be Program Files > City of Heroes.

7.  Drag the icon.exe into the path above.

8.  Back up to Contents and select MacOS.  Click slowly twice in the name "cider" to rename it.  Change the name to "cider_die".

9.  Click slowly on the name "cider_noui" to rename it.  Change that name to just "cider".

10.  Backup to Contents again.

11.  Open the Info.plist file in TextEdit.

11.  Look for the option in there called CiderGameOptions and change this:

<key>CiderGameOptions</key>
        <string>-- cityofheroes.exe (null) -project CoH -launcher -setregion NA -setlocale 1033 -auth 64.25.36.88 </string>

So it looks like this:

<key>CiderGameOptions</key>
   <string>-- icon.exe</string>

12.  Close everything up and launch the City of Heroes application.  It will go directly into the costume creator!

13.  (OPTIONAL) Change the name of the City of Heroes application to something like "CoH Costume Creator" to differentiate it.

Note 1:  If you made it this far, congratulate yourself.  You are now a Mac hacker!

Note 2:  I'm entertaining the possibility of making a package with an Applescript, but only if it's *really* necessary.  This is one of those things that's easier for humans to do than a script, so it would take a lot of extra work.

Note 3:  Sorry for the delay getting this out, I wanted to perform the process twice and make sure it was always possible, and that I didn't do anything else along the way that I forgot about.
Just want to say thanks for thinking of us Mac users. Can't wait to try it out!
And yes I  know Codewalker will make a mac version sometime. I remember my joy when he made sentinel for mac.
Codewalker is the man!
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2012, 05:54:19 AM »
So you get freakishly awesome things like this:

There, fixed that for ya!

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2012, 05:55:07 AM »
Running Windows 7 x64 and getting a black screen and the error:

"Fatal Error"
File: bin/clientmessages-en.bin
Last Author/Status:Perforce.cpp failed to connect to Perforce

Unable to locate bin clientmessages-en.bin"

I miss something?

(I should add this is using the i23 live folder, last updated on That Final Day; I don't have Beta on this PC.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:01:50 AM by mikoroshi »
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2012, 05:55:36 AM »
There, fixed that for ya!

werd and +1

eididdy

• Underling
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2012, 05:56:30 AM »
Codewalker, I can't thank you enough for this.  Really outstanding work.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2012, 05:58:09 AM »
After using the shortcut (-n), I got to say, coolest Character Creator EVER! I cannot express how happy this makes me! Thank you 1000 times doesn't quite say it. Loving this!

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2012, 05:59:57 AM »
That's not a Popeye arm...

THIS is a Popeye arm...

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2012, 06:02:35 AM »
That's not a Popeye arm...

THIS is a Popeye arm...

Now I need to go play with the arm sliders...

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2012, 06:06:10 AM »
If you're happy and you know it clap your.......Oh.... :-D

As soon as someone helps me clear up my error (above) I want to make a T-Rex character.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2012, 06:06:14 AM »
It's actually kinda weird what controls what though.

Dear BOB is Noble Savage a crazy quilt!  His SHOULDER option contains his foot!  His belt option handles the cybernetic cables in his arms!

Statesman's parts are kinda funny.  States' boots are IDENTICAL to the default flats.  But hard-coded red.  His gloves are standard too with a specific red shade, again, hard-coded.  His face comes with a mask on it already.

Manticore's hilarious!  He's got a floating head.  No neck.  Because the helmet piece covers all that anyhow.

ericnelson

• Underling
« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2012, 06:07:26 AM »
I want to add my thanks, to Codewalker and anyone else involved, for this.  I can't tell you how emotional I'm getting just seeing all my saved costume files again -- kind of like finding a long-lost friend you really never expected to be able to.   :)

Bravo!

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2012, 06:09:13 AM »
And the long list of thank you's continues! WOOHOOO!

sl701

• Minion
« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2012, 06:24:30 AM »
Thanks a lot Codewalker, this means a lot to me :)
I' at work right now, but does your latest update work for I23 yet?

Gothenem

• Minion
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2012, 06:30:47 AM »
This is awesome, but one issue. My post apocalyptic set is solid white, with no textures at all.

I see people posting pics that have textures on them. What am I missing? If it's a non-updated file, can someone send it to me?

Haggard4Life

• Underling
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2012, 06:36:54 AM »
This is awesome, but one issue. My post apocalyptic set is solid white, with no textures at all.

I see people posting pics that have textures on them. What am I missing? If it's a non-updated file, can someone send it to me?
I've gotten that too.  That might happen if the set wasn't 100% complete yet and if you have a lower-end graphics card.  It seemed like I had to wait for a few Beta server patches before new costumes would look okay for me.  A dev explained it once, but I've forgotten why that is.

So unfortunately I suspect that the postapoc pieces will remain white for us.

But even so, this program is very, very awesome.  It's so nice to have a piece of the game back!

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2012, 06:42:45 AM »
Unfinished pieces might not have all texture resolution variants enabled yet.  Especially if they had some sort of shininess to them- on lower settings, they'd need an alternate, non-shiny texture for that.  And some of those might not have been made.
green hair

Gothenem

• Minion
« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2012, 06:45:20 AM »
I only commented, because I am seeing screenshots on this thread with those pieces, and they have color/texture in those screenshots, where I have none in my editor....

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2012, 06:48:46 AM »
Post-apocalyptic stuff was finished. Gothenem, I suspect you're using either a) a really old video card (maybe integrated), or b) really old drivers.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Gothenem

• Minion
« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2012, 06:50:01 AM »
My vid card isn't that old (and its not integrated). Perhaps I have to update the drivers...