Author Topic: A Letter I Wish I Posted Earlier  (Read 1891 times)

SDarkshine

• Underling
A Letter I Wish I Posted Earlier
« on: December 08, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Re: A Letter I Wish I Posted Earlier
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 11:21:32 PM »
Howdy! I understand what it's like to be hesitant about making that first post, glad you decided to jump in and try it :)

The important thing to remember is, City of Heroes wasn't the sort of game where you had to play 6-8 hours every day just to keep up. You could take a break for months at a time and not fall behind in any meaningful way whatsoever. I know, I took a few of those breaks.

What it was, was a game that people could understand in a few minutes, enjoy in a few hours, and love in a few days. Whether you had ten hours a day or ten minutes a week, you could still accomplish things and feel powerful doing it.

So don't compare your feelings to those who were around more often or got more involved. There's no need of it. You loved this city, and we loved this city. That's all that matters.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! Don't be shy when you have something to say, most of us like seeing new faces around here :)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 02:59:40 AM »
Bravo! and Thanks!  First to SDarkshine and then Triplash.  Not merely for what they each said but how they said it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 05:12:02 AM by johnrobey »
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 06:12:50 AM »
Hiya! And welcome! :)

I absolutely understand where you're coming from and I honestly don't think it is strange, or hard to believe, that you truly care and miss CoH/V...
Because it absolutely is a great game that can be enjoyed from just playing it with as little amount of time as one is able to manage.
I wasn't around from the beginning, but I did post a good amount on the forums, eventually and was able to immerse myself in the community there a bit.
And I used to play the game a lot more, for longer sessions, then I ended up doing so for the past two or so years.
I stayed subscribed and I still played, but it was a small amount of time comparatively to the average player.
I mostly loved having it around, so that I could log in for a quick mission or three. Or to mess around in the costume creator. Sometimes I'd get on a base editing kick! Whatever it was, it was there when I wanted it to be and I want it to still be there... Just as I imagine you do as well.

We may all love >fill in your favorite vacation location< but we don't go there all the time.

I hope you get the chance to play it a lot more some day!
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 08:27:41 AM »
SDarkshine, it's not how long you played, it's your connection to the City. You loved the game and that makes you a valued member of our community. Glad you spoke up, and glad you are here.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

SDarkshine

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 05:26:23 PM »
Thank you all soo much for your replies and your welcomes!!  ;D

Thank you especially for your advice.  Now that I think of it, I really shouldn't have been distraught over how long I have played this game.  I cared about it, felt connection to it, and I have a wonderful series of good time there.  That's all that matters.  8)

Well, after all of this heart-felt welcome, I better get started on posting pictures of my fun times at City of Heroes!

...uh, I just have to figure out how to upload them online  :P.  It will take a little moment...

Hehe, again, thank you all!  :)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 04:54:02 AM »
SD, this is my favorite place to upload photos/gifs

imgur

You don't have to register...only if you want to have your own private place to store stuff,
Can't wait to see your pics! :D
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.