Author Topic: Alert the Colbert Nation (We need a Colbert SuperNation TV-Ready Webpage!)  (Read 65737 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Alert the Colbert Nation (We need a Colbert SuperNation TV-Ready Webpage!)
« Reply #240 on: December 12, 2012, 11:11:53 PM »
and the crowd are still jpegs...

I'm sure if we asked Leandro nicely, we could get a high-res bitmap from the crowd demo.  8)

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #241 on: December 12, 2012, 11:15:35 PM »
Greetings all. Gotta eat dinner and I'll check back in and take care of whatever updates thus far :)

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #242 on: December 12, 2012, 11:24:36 PM »
Okay, if anyone took the trouble to make a high-rez demo record image of City Hall (Hmm... that's the old City Hall, ennit?) I'd certainly take the trouble to redo the image. If I had the "ingredients," cooking the image up again would be easy work, and it would look nicer.

Let me suggest the easy and direct solution here - ask Samuraiko.   :)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #243 on: December 12, 2012, 11:33:16 PM »
Let me suggest the easy and direct solution here - ask Samuraiko.   :)

Is there a version of the map still in the game that doesn't have the statue? Or is it require some pigg-hacking job?

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #244 on: December 12, 2012, 11:41:06 PM »
Is there a version of the map still in the game that doesn't have the statue? Or is it require some pigg-hacking job?
That...is a real good question.  I'm not sure.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #245 on: December 13, 2012, 12:37:33 AM »
That...is a real good question.  I'm not sure.

There is no official version of the Atlas map that doesn't have the statue. I did hack something together the other day: https://twitter.com/leandrotlz/status/278088935102619648/photo/1 but it'll only render without the statue for people who have my modified files.

Email me with what you want to do and I'll see what I can do. I'm kind of juggling a lot of things today so I haven't been watching this thread. leandrotlz@gmail.com

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #246 on: December 13, 2012, 01:02:30 AM »
I was just about to toss your name in the hat, Leandro, based on those pics you did the other day. Good looking out.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #247 on: December 13, 2012, 01:04:44 AM »
I just want to put in that I am deeply grateful to you guys who are putting in all this work.

Also grateful to kalynnda13 for getting the idea of contacting Colbert

And to Vasarto for giving us the nail we needed to hang a Colbert Campaign on: the fact that he and his buds had a Colbert SuperNation SG in the first place.  Without that, we'd just be one more fringe group trying to get Colbert's attention without having anything specific to tie Colbert to our cause in the first place.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #248 on: December 13, 2012, 03:27:20 AM »
It has been brought to my attention that my communication skills are sorely lacking. I have done my best to do what is right here in the forum and in PM and apparently either things are being read into what I am typing on a screen or I am just a very poor communicator. I think some of both and perhaps more of the latter.

I'm getting the server setup for a secondary admin login to this specific website and I'll be happy to help along whoever would like to take over. I think I have become more of a hindrance than a benefit at this point and this is much more important than one goofball behind a keyboard like me. Keep up the great work and let me know who would like to take up the updates. It is a VERY simple to use interface - it is all web based - you need no software - and you'll find out how the 'big boys' churn out about 20% of their small-steady-income sites so fast ;)

Take care,
Manny

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #249 on: December 13, 2012, 03:39:11 AM »
It has been brought to my attention that my communication skills are sorely lacking. I have done my best to do what is right here in the forum and in PM and apparently either things are being read into what I am typing on a screen or I am just a very poor communicator. I think some of both and perhaps more of the latter.

I'm getting the server setup for a secondary admin login to this specific website and I'll be happy to help along whoever would like to take over. I think I have become more of a hindrance than a benefit at this point and this is much more important than one goofball behind a keyboard like me. Keep up the great work and let me know who would like to take up the updates. It is a VERY simple to use interface - it is all web based - you need no software - and you'll find out how the 'big boys' churn out about 20% of their small-steady-income sites so fast ;)

Take care,
Manny

MANNY NO!

Look people are tense and unhappy and they are probably being hypersensitive.  Please don't leave.  You've got my sword (even if it is named "Tire Iron")!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVf2EeTMNJo
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #250 on: December 13, 2012, 03:59:00 AM »
"It has been brought to my attention that my communication skills are sorely lacking."

Did I miss something? I think you've done a great job, Mandrake.

Basically, unless V.V. has some other ideas, we're done, aren't we? I mean... what else is there to do? We have a great site up. Mission accomplished. Look, we have a great writer (V.V.,) a darn good artist (Vy,) a web designer (Mandrake,) and me, uh... chief cheerleader. Let's move on to some new project.

Matter of fact, I think should could tidy up here. Vy and I have already deleted the old versions of our work. I suggest we restart the thread.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 04:08:14 AM by Colette »

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #251 on: December 13, 2012, 04:21:21 AM »
Well everything is all set here. It looked like there were some other image updates coming down the tubes or something. Just PM me guys if you have anything that needs touched up. Like do we want me to turn back the fireball image to the one without them? Etc.... Somebody gimme the scoop and I'll take care of it and then let it ride.

I would seriously like someone to contact me that is interested in maintaining the website however. I should not be the only one holding the keys - this has shown me that there should never be the possibility of no-one having access. I hadn't thought about it.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #252 on: December 13, 2012, 04:44:37 AM »
"I should not be the only one holding the keys."

Now that's sensible! I'd volunteer, but I'm just not qualified.

Hmm... how 'bout Lily Barclay? I think we addresses her concerns about staying blueside and PC enough that she'd be comfy, and she has the qualifications.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #253 on: December 13, 2012, 04:49:32 AM »
I second the motion, if she is willing.

When we know whether or not we are going to get Colbert, (or after we have him and we need to move on), we will need to scrub the site for something less jingoistic anyway.

I would vote in that case for it to be something similar, but less inflammatory, and a click-link repository for peoples' pics, vids, and stories about all the heroes NCSoft has destroyed.

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #254 on: December 13, 2012, 05:07:44 AM »
I'm certainly up for that. Looking forward to the general use site. I'll see what I can do about getting that started in the meantime actually in a hidden area.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2012, 05:33:28 AM »
Sounds like a good use of our resources. Titan can be our little niche to hang out and discuss, while that site evolves into the public face of SaveCoH.

Since the site will exist in the long term, and if y'all are happy with the "before" pic as a main welcome screen, we can accumulate what I need to do the hi-rez version in a leisurely way.

Again, I'm impressed that we were able to get so many terrific people to step up to the plate and create this in short order. What else are we capable of, I wonder....

And hey, Leandro. If you can cook up a hi-rez version of the City Hall pic I've been using, and the crowd image... ones without all those jaggies and jpeg artifacts, that'd be great. Doesn't need to be a perfect match, but something close. There's no hurry, as what I have should be fine for the Colbert effort.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:39:04 AM by Colette »

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #256 on: December 13, 2012, 10:43:16 AM »
And hey, Leandro. If you can cook up a hi-rez version of the City Hall pic I've been using, and the crowd image... ones without all those jaggies and jpeg artifacts, that'd be great. Doesn't need to be a perfect match, but something close. There's no hurry, as what I have should be fine for the Colbert effort.

Please email me leandrotlz@gmail.com and attach the picture you mean, because I haven't looked at the whole thread so I don't know where to look for the image.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #257 on: December 13, 2012, 11:47:51 AM »
Ak. I haven't kept up with this thread for the last 7 pages or so since it was starting to upset me. I'll look back and get caught up, and let you guys know. I'd like to help with any efforts to save our game I can. I am still a full time student that has a full time job and family, though, and don't have a whole heck of a lot of time to maintain something at least until I graduate in a few months. I imagine, it wouldn't take a whole lot, though. As for the page eventually becoming the face of the save movement, I think we already have that with Leandro's page, don't we? I'm sure it could be something, though.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #258 on: December 13, 2012, 12:35:19 PM »
Ak. I haven't kept up with this thread for the last 7 pages or so since it was starting to upset me. I'll look back and get caught up, and let you guys know. I'd like to help with any efforts to save our game I can. I am still a full time student that has a full time job and family, though, and don't have a whole heck of a lot of time to maintain something at least until I graduate in a few months. I imagine, it wouldn't take a whole lot, though. As for the page eventually becoming the face of the save movement, I think we already have that with Leandro's page, don't we? I'm sure it could be something, though.

I had more in line for it to become a sort of digital archive of links to representative videos, characters, and player stories.  Kind of a combination of showcase of talents and testimonials all in one place, easy for media to surf through.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #259 on: December 13, 2012, 02:32:02 PM »
I had more in line for it to become a sort of digital archive of links to representative videos, characters, and player stories.  Kind of a combination of showcase of talents and testimonials all in one place, easy for media to surf through.

That would be a good idea.