Author Topic: CoX Music and SFX Compilation(Now in MP3!)  (Read 182113 times)

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
Re: CoX Music and SFX Compilation(Now in MP3!)
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2014, 07:07:22 PM »
Firstly just want to say thanks very much for putting the entire Soundtrack up in mp3 form much appreciated :)
Also i was just wondering whether or not anyone knows where to find the City of Villains character creation music? Although i must clarify, I don't mean the Title screen track, this was a seperate track that was only when you created a villain, I've been on the lookout for years and not found it. The paragon wiki has lately listed it, but it also says its to big to upload because its 12mb.

This video contains the track I mean it starts at the 10second mark-ish.

Anyway, thanks for your time, and double thanks for uploading the soundtrack :)

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »
Firstly just want to say thanks very much for putting the entire Soundtrack up in mp3 form much appreciated :)
Also i was just wondering whether or not anyone knows where to find the City of Villains character creation music? Although i must clarify, I don't mean the Title screen track, this was a seperate track that was only when you created a villain, I've been on the lookout for years and not found it. The paragon wiki has lately listed it, but it also says its to big to upload because its 12mb.

This video contains the track I mean it starts at the 10second mark-ish.

Anyway, thanks for your time, and double thanks for uploading the soundtrack :)

Erm.. there's no video in your post...

Also.

If someone has a Issue 6 through Issue 16 Villains client, I can tell you how to get the song out of those files.

Sadly though, I myself only have the Beta Client, which definitely does not have the song in question.
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2014, 11:12:32 PM »
Interestingly, the "Version 2" for Heroes and Villains on the wiki (noted as being used for Issues 17-20 for each) is essentially the same.

I believe this video has the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOVZQtq5zo4

It's different from the title screen music, and I can't seem to find it on the wiki, although I swear I heard it earlier when looking through the files...

Edit: The wiki also doesn't appear to have character creation music from Issue 20 on...

Edit 2: I think I have the CoV disc. Would that enable me to grab the file?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:19:35 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2014, 11:20:14 PM »
Oh, my.

Watching that video just jogged my memory, Felderburg!

Nostalgia.

You're in luck.

I found it in an old archive I packed for someone who wanted it before!

I had a classic client on my computer for a while, though I deleted it a while back for HD space.

How nice, uploaded to my dropbox and it even seems to have an in-browser music player.

Here it is. (OGG file)

I also have "V_Music1_Loop" if you're interested. Which is also in OGG.

:D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:36:29 PM by Arachnion »

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2014, 03:17:36 AM »
Interestingly, the "Version 2" for Heroes and Villains on the wiki (noted as being used for Issues 17-20 for each) is essentially the same.

Yes, they're the same style of sustained note, but on a different pitch. Mighty boring, I must say.

I believe this video has the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOVZQtq5zo4

It's different from the title screen music, and I can't seem to find it on the wiki, although I swear I heard it earlier when looking through the files...

Right, that's the V_Music2_loop.ogg file that's too large to upload directly to the wiki with the current settings. The talk page now has a link to Arachnion's Dropbox file.

Edit: The wiki also doesn't appear to have character creation music from Issue 20 on...

The character creation music from Issue 20 on is the same as the title screen music. It just keeps looping through the whole process. I've added a note about it now for clarification.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2014, 03:47:55 AM »
Where in the archive can I find the piece that starts at about the 3 minute mark of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfQoD0_YrTc (might be hard to hear because the guy has his music turned low compared to the SFX)?

The music you're looking for is called Underground4_D.ogg, one of several multi-purpose fight music tracks.

emperorsteele

• Lieutenant
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2014, 04:42:06 AM »
Yeah yeah! Sounds right, thanks SO much! Was that in either collection? I thought I listened to them all....

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2014, 04:58:44 AM »
It wasn't in either collection. I just now finished uploading all the music that was used in missions and trials, so now I get to try to format it nicely for inclusion in the music article.

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2014, 04:24:55 PM »
Thank you very, VERY much for that link Arachnion, and also thanks Felderburg, that was the video I'd meant, but I think I forgot to include the link.
Anyway thanks again very much for the link I've been looking for that track for years now and its basically nostalgia overload to hear it in its glorious original form again.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2014, 05:00:31 PM »
You're welcome.

I too have fond memories of that song.

I first got into CoH when CoV came out, so yeah.

:)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2014, 10:08:46 PM »
I've finished adding a new section to the music article for mission music. This includes music used for boss fights, incarnate trial backgrounds, and general mood music that played at mission entrances. Several of these were unused in-game, so they'll provide some interesting new listening for most people.

Also, there's a new track added to the obscure music section that was used for background music in promotional videos.

Edit: There are also some tracks in the cutscene section that used to only have music-only versions . SFX-only versions and combined versions have now been added for those tracks.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:54:05 AM by Blondeshell »

toxicdisorder

• Underling
  • Freedom server is best server.
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2014, 04:34:56 AM »
Talk about nostalgia...fuck I miss this game and its awesome music.

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2014, 09:51:12 AM »
I've been horribly busy lately so I haven't had time to update the compilation. Can someone send me a message and let me know what I need to grab/convert so I can repack the new files?
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2014, 07:15:18 AM »
My only complaint is that I've just now found this! Ashen, you are the best! No more need to stream from paragonwiki while I'm on the go and need to get a little CoH fix in  :P

Thanks!

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
Re: Coh Music Archive file(now in mp3!)
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2014, 08:07:22 AM »
Thanks so much for this. You even have the mission completes!

Boy... that's one sound that certainly never got old  ;D

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2014, 09:32:54 PM »
Thanks for these. I think I have most of these from the wiki, but I'll see. Plus, if yours have more tag data, BONUS! I'm a real stickler for correct tagging and album art. I make it if I can't find it. Let me know if you would like it and I'll post what I did for CoH & CoV

BTW, I have CoH collectors edition DVD and CoV collectors edition DVD. If you need files from either of these, let me know and I'll put'em in dropbox and send you a link.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Wulfen

• Underling
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2014, 01:53:12 PM »
Is the level up sound here?  if so then what is the file name and location?

thanks

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2014, 05:02:18 PM »
I'm not sure where it is in this compilation, but the original file location is \stage2a.pigg\sound\Ogg\FrontEnd\levelup7.ogg.

Wulfen

• Underling
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2014, 03:07:54 PM »
I found an mp3 for it, if you need it to add to the collection, le me know what email to send it to.  heheh now using it for my next text message notification.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »
Album Art if any need it.

AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!