Author Topic: CoX Music and SFX Compilation(Now in MP3!)  (Read 182185 times)

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
Re: CoX Music and SFX Compilation(Now in MP3!)
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2013, 10:32:39 AM »
Hey thanks. Let me know if it turns out to be legit. My worst fear with ordering it is that it's like some other stuff I've seen on Amazon, like seasons of Sailor Moon, where it turns out to be all boot leg. Not only is that illegal but extra bad if someone is trying to make a profit off of someone elses work. I grew up in a world where sharing music with friends on cassette tapes was not only ok but encouraged, only difference now is it's easier, so I was only asking for myself (not for it to be added to the compilation). If it turns out to be legit, i'll happily buy my own copy, if not, it's one thing to ask for a copy from others but to just get the same thing while helping someone else turn a profit on something he didn't earn seems even worse and more insulting to the original artist.

I just ordered one so we'll find out if it is really is still available.
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2013, 03:34:40 AM »
How do you define 'legit'?

I have no idea if the 'Jason Graves' store on Amazon actually belongs to him.

As to the quality of the product, we should find out tomorrow.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »
That, to me, would be a reputable store with permission to sell it. If it they really are real copies sold by amazon that just happen to be printed as needed, that's awesome, but if instead it's just someone else who already had it making burned copies for a profit, pocketing all the money, then I wouldn't consider that legit. I truly hope it's the first one.

How do you define 'legit'?

I have no idea if the 'Jason Graves' store on Amazon actually belongs to him.

As to the quality of the product, we should find out tomorrow.
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2013, 11:49:24 PM »
AFAIK, the Going Rogue music was done professionally, while all the other game music was just done "in-house", though I'm not sure.

Never been one much to learn about the music, just that it's all very nice.

:)

As a stat point, I bought the Going Rogue soundtrack from Amazon when it was first released.  It was talked up on the old forums when Going Rogue launched.  I never heard of Jason Graves before this CD and to tell the truth, I found the music just "ok", so never paid attention to who made it.  Much to my surprise, when I looked at the CD info later on, the Jason Graves name was somehow vaguely familiar.  It turns out that one of the videos I recorded of a NYComicCon panel of game industry musicians included a Jason Graves (4th seated guy).  There's no mention of City of Heroes, though.  However, you do get to learn a bit about him, along with the other guys. 
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

navyrayne

• Minion
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2013, 01:22:32 AM »
Thanks so much for this, so good to hear all this again.
Community and Media Relations Manager - Pixel Constructor LLC - Grumpy Witch
Formerly,
Community Manager - Kerbal Space Program - Squad Games
Community Manager - Legends of Aethereus - Three Gates Studio
Community and Media Relations Manager - Heliborne - JetCatGames

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2013, 03:10:30 AM »
My copy of the "City of Heroes Going Rogue - Original Soundtrack" arrived today.

It's just what I expected.  A shrink wrapped jewel case with a CD inside.  The CD cover artwork is the same from the advertisement on Amazon.  There are no actual liner notes -- just a list of tracks with the duration of each.  The disc is not a CD-R and looks almost like any other mass manufactured CD.  If  you look closely, it appears there is a different in coloring about half way up the diameter of the disc but that could be my imagination.

I've purchased several manufactured on demand discs from Amazon and the Time Warner store.  Quality wise, it looks about the same as all the others.

It's true that professional packaging doesn't mean that the seller has the actual rights to the product.  I'm going to let Amazon do the worrying about that for me.  Because if you think about it, you can never be sure who really owns the rights to anything you buy.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2013, 03:58:09 AM »
My copy of the "City of Heroes Going Rogue - Original Soundtrack" arrived today.

It's just what I expected.  A shrink wrapped jewel case with a CD inside.  The CD cover artwork is the same from the advertisement on Amazon.  There are no actual liner notes -- just a list of tracks with the duration of each.  The disc is not a CD-R and looks almost like any other mass manufactured CD.  If  you look closely, it appears there is a different in coloring about half way up the diameter of the disc but that could be my imagination.

I've purchased several manufactured on demand discs from Amazon and the Time Warner store.  Quality wise, it looks about the same as all the others.

It's true that professional packaging doesn't mean that the seller has the actual rights to the product.  I'm going to let Amazon do the worrying about that for me.  Because if you think about it, you can never be sure who really owns the rights to anything you buy.

true. No telling who owns what on a site like that.

The different coloring may not be a figment of your imagination. It may be the actual point where the data stops on burned CDs. (One of the reasons it's called "burning")

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2013, 07:19:01 AM »
I don't think manufactured on demand process uses quite the same process as home burning.   The actual data layer looks much more like a pressed CD/DVD.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2013, 02:41:23 PM »
Thank you so much for being so kind as to get a copy and let us know what it was like. I'm gonna wait and order my own copy then just as soon as I can save up. I'm super excited. Thanks a bunch.

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2013, 07:01:57 AM »
I'm trying not to sound too self-important or anything about this, but is there any way this can get stickied or at least put somewhere easy for people to access? if it falls off the page, newer people might miss out on it.
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2013, 07:27:21 AM »
I second that.

I'm trying not to sound too self-important or anything about this, but is there any way this can get stickied or at least put somewhere easy for people to access? if it falls off the page, newer people might miss out on it.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2013, 10:04:42 AM »
I third that.

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2013, 06:47:36 PM »
<3 THANKS ADMINS! :d
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2013, 10:04:11 PM »
Thank you Ashen Fury. ;D

Not sure which sounds I want atm however, nice to have the whole kit-n-ka-boOdLe.

omg.....did I just say that?.....I'm an old fuddy duddy. :o

jealousghost

• Underling
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2013, 06:13:43 PM »
(Nevermind, I got it)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:30:31 PM by jealousghost »

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2013, 06:22:31 PM »
Got a gift for everyone.

I don't remember if this is already in the pack here or not (don't think so)..

THE GLOWIE NOISE!

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D0133125_936_676844791 (OGG)

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D0133125_936_676955306 (MP3)

Enjoy :)
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2013, 10:10:16 PM »
Not.... sure how I missed this thread... *scratches head*

emperorsteele

• Lieutenant
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2014, 06:51:12 PM »
Where in the archive can I find the piece that starts at about the 3 minute mark of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfQoD0_YrTc (might be hard to hear because the guy has his music turned low compared to the SFX)?

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2014, 07:22:21 PM »
Where in the archive can I find the piece that starts at about the 3 minute mark of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfQoD0_YrTc (might be hard to hear because the guy has his music turned low compared to the SFX)?

Hmmm... download my Cutscene Music pack, here (these are .OGGs):

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D0133125_936_10032049

I think what you are looking for is "i24_Hero_CalvinScott_Death_CutsceneMusic_01.ogg" (sounds closest) or "Cutscene_CalvinScott_Music.ogg"

Hope this helps.

:)
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

emperorsteele

• Lieutenant
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2014, 08:45:04 PM »
Nope, doesn't seem to be in there. It was essentially boss fight music. Thanks though!