Author Topic: CoX Music and SFX Compilation(Now in MP3!)  (Read 182133 times)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
Re: CoX Music and SFX Compilation(Now in MP3!)
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2013, 03:17:15 AM »
I also updated my copy at the link below.  I also tossed in the SEGS client.

https://spideroak.com/browse/share/COX_DEMOS/2000

Whiteseeker

• Underling
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2013, 10:59:33 PM »
I also updated my copy at the link below.  I also tossed in the SEGS client.

https://spideroak.com/browse/share/COX_DEMOS/2000

Hey hey, Thank you!

Thank you everyone that made this possible. Question: I didn't notice any ambient files in the music or SFX folders. Is it possible to get those also?
CoH player since beginning.

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2013, 07:26:43 AM »
Hey hey, Thank you!

Thank you everyone that made this possible. Question: I didn't notice any ambient files in the music or SFX folders. Is it possible to get those also?

I've pretty much just been doing conversions of the sound/music files ive found/people have sent me, if anyone can find the ambient sound files, I'd be happy to add them.
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2013, 06:43:21 PM »
Hey hey, Thank you!

Do you mean environmental sounds and the like?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 05:34:24 PM by Arachnion »
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

novus40

• Underling
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2013, 02:27:36 PM »
Hey, thanks so much for this! Been in a serious CoX withdrawal mood lately...really missing the game, the community. Still hanging on to that last tendril of hope that somehow it really isn't "permanently" over.....But at least I can reminisce with the music. Thanks again!!

Bold

• Minion
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2013, 08:31:31 AM »
Thank you for doing this, sooooo much. Think my phone's getting new ringtones and text alert sounds.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2013, 02:01:24 PM »
Thank you, sooooo much, for doing the legwork for us! Haven't had the time to wander through the code. Now, we have quick access to everything needed for movies, stills, etc!  Thanks again, everyone! :)

Mr. DNA

• Underling
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2013, 10:24:38 AM »
Much thanks! +1 internets for you!

dawolv

• Underling
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2013, 06:19:31 PM »
Thank you thank you!!

Listening to SC's Blyde Square and some digs from Kings Row....

and of course the one that I will always remember when I was beta to the end the sheer joy of walking up those steps for the first time to meet to Ms. Liberty...
my 'Main Theme' Atlas Park: Atlas Plaza...almost made me tear up....   :'(
"All that crap is grey to me, No XP" - Positron

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2013, 01:16:30 PM »
Can someone identify / name for me the very distinctive (and beloved) sound of Howling Twilight "charging up"?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2013, 05:03:51 PM »
Howling Twilight is coh_heal6

It's the meeting reminder on my phone.  ;D

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2013, 04:19:42 PM »
I hate to ask, but did anyone ever get the soundtrack to Going Rogue or any other one they might have released?
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2013, 05:03:40 PM »
You mean this one? AFAIK, it's the only official soundtrack released of music from City of Heroes.

If you were planning to ask about including that music in this compilation, I'd strongly suggest against it. Since it's specifically being made available for sale, distributing it for free would deprive Jason Graves of any compensation to which he's entitled. </soapbox>  Sorry, I'm a big supporter of personal IP rights when it comes to music and performances.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2013, 07:20:08 PM »
With all due respect, I fail to see then the distinction between the music from the game ( and it's IP rights) and the music from the soundtrack (especially since I'm pretty sure it's more or less the same music) if we're to argue for it one way, it should be the same for the other, BUT thank you for the link. The reason I even asked was because I couldn't find the amazon listing for the digital copy of the sound track for the longest time after the game went down and this helps me loads. I honestly thought they were lost for good.

You mean this one? AFAIK, it's the only official soundtrack released of music from City of Heroes.

If you were planning to ask about including that music in this compilation, I'd strongly suggest against it. Since it's specifically being made available for sale, distributing it for free would deprive Jason Graves of any compensation to which he's entitled. </soapbox>  Sorry, I'm a big supporter of personal IP rights when it comes to music and performances.
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2013, 08:03:34 PM »
Please don't turn this thread into a copyright/IP/law discussion.

:-\

No one would really be downloading any of this at all.. if we could, y'know...

...actually play the game.

AFAIK, the Going Rogue music was done professionally, while all the other game music was just done "in-house", though I'm not sure.

Never been one much to learn about the music, just that it's all very nice.

:)
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2013, 08:14:10 PM »
I agree, sorry. Just thought it was hypocritical. I only asked cause I thought all legit ways of getting the soundtrack were ripped down by NCSoft after they took everything else away from us. I went to buy it with the credit I had on amazon, digitally, and it was gone. I never thought to really look for a physical copy since I only wanted it digital at the time and figured if that was gone so was everything else, though looking closer at the current amazon listing, it seems a little dubious. And I wouldn't have asked it be added to the zip, but ask for it for myself, but this works just as well, I just hope it actually somehow goes TO the artist. I just want to hold onto as much of this important part of me as I can. Sorry.

Please don't turn this thread into a copyright/IP/law discussion.

:-\

No one would really be downloading any of this at all.. if we could, y'know...

...actually play the game.

AFAIK, the Going Rogue music was done professionally, while all the other game music was just done "in-house", though I'm not sure.

Never been one much to learn about the music, just that it's all very nice.

:)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2013, 03:39:33 AM »
Preface: I'm just sharing my thoughts here, and not intending for this to begin a discussion of IP/copyright law. That's been done elsewhere about other stuff. IANAL, and all that.

I didn't mean to sound hypocritical with my statements, but I understand how they could be seen that way. The difference in my eyes is that the music that was included with the game files is fair to distribute freely. Since NCsoft has deprived us of the ability to listen to it by its intended method (by playing the game), no one is being harmed by us sharing that which was available at no cost in the first place.

The CD of the Going Rogue OST, again, in my opinion, doesn't meet those criteria because it contains music that wasn't specifically included with the game files (except for the title track, which was the music for the Praetorian loading screen). That's why I feel those tracks should be obtained through their intended outlet. (Now, if the music was not available anywhere, I'd likely still argue that we shouldn't share it because it was not free the last time it was available. Fortunately, that's not currently the case.)

You're right, though, that it seems strange the physical CD would still be available even though the digital tracks are not. However, despite the CD being "burn on demand," I'm confident that it's a legitimate offer and Jason would get a percentage of the sales. It's great that it's still available, so I'd jump on it while you can. You can also check out his artist store for MP3 downloads of his other game soundtracks, including Tomb Raider and the Dead Space series.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2013, 04:38:40 PM »
I just ordered one so we'll find out if it is really is still available.

Talon Blue

• Minion
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »
In a related subject, my friends and I like to get together and watch B movies once a week. In one of the movies we watched last week (which is NFSW) I swear on the sounds used was the sound of an inspiration being used in CoH.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2013, 10:25:11 PM »
check to see if they got actual permission first before following. You'd be surprise at the type of permissions one can get by simply asking.

And ever notice that Amazon, Netflicks, and the likes have digital versions of some stuff only and hard copy of some stuff only and for some stuff both? It's all part of agreements for using and selling that particular material. Thus it's very possible for all the digital stuff to be taken down due to license expire in the agreement but there is the hard copies still available which may or may not be used with actual permission.

If the copying get out of hand, just because they havent taken action against that person yet, if they dotn have permission, doesnt mean they cant. When it gets down into more illegal copying (if it is so) they could be liable for facilitating illegal copying and on top of making money off of it. And longer they the more potential CDs are sold, the more they can claim in dollars someone else made off their work.

If it's unsure if it's infact offical and legit, me personally I wouldnt bother with it even though the buyer probably wont have much if any risk and that would end up a fight between Amazon, the seller and the owner of the rights assuming people that buy it dont turn around and start distribute it themselves.