Author Topic: A titan cox book.  (Read 1473 times)

Vasarto

• Boss
A titan cox book.
« on: December 07, 2012, 08:42:29 AM »
I think we would have to change a few names and stuff but taking our most favorite characters, the back story to them and stuff. You guys think we could ever figure out a good enough story and city to put them all in and write a book?

I think it could be a wonderful fun future project. Maybe a world of heroes and stuff where each of our characters exist within this place etc.
It might require lots of cooperation and tons of meetings to discuss where we would want to go with it etc and who knows? Maybe if vv was interested and we actually managed to make it really good than we could let it free on the world lol.

Just a thought but what do you guys think? Just a small way to immortalize our fondest memories and character forever right?

cohRock

• Lieutenant
    • Rich's Tepid Home Page
Re: A titan cox book.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 02:55:09 PM »
There are at least two Titan CoX books possible, Vasarto.  The one you propose is about the fiction, but another book would be real world, about CoH, Cryptic, Paragon Studios, NCSoft, and the closure.  It would not surprise me if someone inside hadn't already started the latter.
-- Rich

Surelle

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 03:31:56 AM »
There are at least two Titan CoX books possible, Vasarto.  The one you propose is about the fiction, but another book would be real world, about CoH, Cryptic, Paragon Studios, NCSoft, and the closure.  It would not surprise me if someone inside hadn't already started the latter.

Wow!  That's actually a fantastic idea!  And it could serve not only as a guide for new developers and publishers that would ensure PS members had income into the future, but it could also serve as a permanent death knell in written form for NCSoft!   :P   

"Abandon hope, all ye who enter here!"

*cue maniacal laughter!*

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 04:03:35 AM »

Huh.

I think I need to do some research.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 04:16:14 AM »
(I apologize, but it has to be said...)

I was the centerfold of such a book...

--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 06:20:39 AM »
I intend to write a novel about my main character's things that happened between 2008-2012. But since I'm an RP'er, a good portion of it wouldn't even involve the game.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 06:27:44 AM »
I intend to write a novel about my main character's things that happened between 2008-2012. But since I'm an RP'er, a good portion of it wouldn't even involve the game.

The book I'm working on right now is kind of a combination of AE arcs I wrote featuring my bots mastermind, the Mad Machinist, with a little bit of end-of-the-world action I can't say wasn't inspired by the game world's shutdown.  Quite a few of the heroes, including his Batman-with-Tony Stark's personality nemesis, are based on my hero toons.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.