Author Topic: Your most precious characters and memories.  (Read 3808 times)

Vasarto

• Boss
Your most precious characters and memories.
« on: December 06, 2012, 05:05:43 AM »
I think it could be really nice to share with everyone a simple photo of one of your most precious characters you had made with everyone. A simple screenshot and tell us a few reasons why you really enjoyed that character the most and maybe share some more about it. It could be your first character, Your main, Favorite costume. Whatever character you feel would had been the very last one you could had deleted.

What powers they had and a story of one of your most fondest memories of them.

Lets try to keep it simple. Place a
Spoiler for Hidden:
and then an end / spoiler in brackets. Pretty sure this server should have it here. To ensure that pictures do NOT take up too much space Please. So Pictures are hidden until someone clicks on em.

Spoiler for Hidden:

I only mention this guy many times before because I loved the guy so much. Never have I played any character as much fun and entertaining as him.
His name is Vasarto and he is my Plant / Fire Dominator
My favorite memories of him was the first time when I used the seeds of confusion power. Even my friends who had been playing for six years never witnessed the power and I think they never actually heard of a power that actually turns enemies on each other.  I love using it more than anything because with Vines and My Mass Tangle spell and Roots. It just adds another way that enemies cannot harm my friends!

My other favorite memory was summoning Molly (Fly Trap) for the very first time.

I died so many times with him that I think I unlocked every possible badge you could get for doing so lol!
I thing The Undying was the last one I unlocked lol...wait...nope....I had one more to go lol. I guess Exhalted was next but it was only a matter of time lol.

Plus this will give all of us a chance to remember some good characters and save more pictures of COH.

EDIT- Spoiler tags do not work I guess. Gonna suggest it to make this a better place.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:10:44 AM by Vasarto »

faith.grins

• Boss
  • Split your lungs with blood and thunder.
Re: Your most precious characters and memories.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 05:46:11 AM »
Plant/Fire was a good combo.  Seriously, I loved Plant control.  It was so comic-book-y, and it felt so cool!

And Debt badges were how you knew the cool kids from the folks who got PL'd. =P  (My main had all the debt badges and all the damage badges.  On a Dom!)
Aram:  "Man, just look at all this.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that we get to live surrounded by such wonder."
Gamal:  "We don't live over there." Aram:  "We don't?"
Gamal:  "No.  We live over there." Aram:  "... But it's all on fire."
Gamal:  "Yes it is, Aram.  Yes it is."

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 06:26:35 AM »

I love this screenie of I L L Y R I A using "Knockout Blow" on a Mk-VI "Victoria" robot, as Positron looks on. It may be my favorite shot of her in-action.

And as I said in this thread...

When I turned the calendar-page to the month of November 2012, and with the end of CoH barreling down upon us all in less than a month, a mass of desires hit me (aside from the small hope that the world of CoH would be preserved), and I felt compelled to follow them. I wanted to create another character that I would enjoy playing a great deal over the last few weeks, using a recent powerset or one I had scarcely used before, and I wanted to get this character to 50 before the world went dark.

And so, on the morning of November 2nd, I rolled up "I L L Y R I A", and started playing. By Sunday the 4th she was already level 37. By early, early Saturday the 10th she hit level 50 (In a cool, non-farm AE mision to be exact). And by Thanksgiving weekend she had unlocked and empowered every one of her incarnate slots. In the end she got her Alpha and Lore slots to Tier-3, her Hybrid slot to Tier-2, and her Interface and Judgement slots maxed-out at Tier-4.

With this version of Illyria I did things I was usually loathe to do: I gathered my own teams more frequently, and started running the Freedom Phalanx Task-Forces, something that I had never done before. What's more I made some good friends and acquaintances in the handful of weeks she was around, in-part due to all the Incarnate Task-forces I joined again and again.

She ended up being one of the most fun characters I had ever created, and in the short time she was around, I created a lot of memories to hold dear.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 07:11:44 AM »
Plant/Fire was a good combo.  Seriously, I loved Plant control.  It was so comic-book-y, and it felt so cool!

And Debt badges were how you knew the cool kids from the folks who got PL'd. =P  (My main had all the debt badges and all the damage badges.  On a Dom!)

Rubbish, many of my tanks and scrappers got to 50 with no debt badges without any PL, my stone tank had to turn his toggles off to die. I agree if you saw a blaster with no debt badges ...

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 07:26:11 AM »
Who would have thought getting steamrolled by hordes of supernatural nazis would be the way to make friends. The guy in red with the sweet mustache is my brother from another mother... the amazing, the handsome, the fashionable, the legendary master of /em popdance Number-Two! (yeah... I know you're reading this *wave*)

Also pictured is the awesome Tai Xien (maybe you know him from your SG "wanted" list, have been kidnapped by, or know someone that has been kidnapped by his VG) and Skye Delcinea, vampire biker chick extraordinaire. I'm the scrawny girl in the grey dress, Hyakki.

?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

faith.grins

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 07:29:47 AM »
Rubbish, many of my tanks and scrappers got to 50 with no debt badges without any PL, my stone tank had to turn his toggles off to die. I agree if you saw a blaster with no debt badges ...
Stone/ Tanks are an exception I'll grant, but speaking as someone who played a Fire/Ice Tank, a Will/Energy Tank, and a Dark/Stone tank, I still think that if you hit 50 without at least one debt badge, you were joining the wrong teams.  Half the fun was in accidentally aggroing the entire floor in the Frostfire map, or trying to hold aggro on Silver Mantis and all her adds in a Blaster-heavy team.
Aram:  "Man, just look at all this.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that we get to live surrounded by such wonder."

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 04:22:39 PM »
Half the fun was in accidentally aggroing the entire floor in the Frostfire map

Heh! Good times!

or trying to hold aggro on Silver Mantis and all her adds in a Blaster-heavy team.

Not nearly as fun as the above.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Dollhouse

• Boss
  • "What will happen? Will I dream?"
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 06:47:34 PM »
I've attachments to most of the characters I created over the years - or at least those that got played up to SO level, anyway -  but a few were (are, dammit!) special to me. One of them is Luna Faraday, an ElecMelee/Ninjitsu Stalker. I developed, as I am wont to do, a considerable, detailed backstory for her, based in (but definitely reaching way beyond) game canon. Stalkers were my Redside specialty, and Luna was the most combat-effective* ones I ever made (by a little, anyway). Moreover, as a roleplayer, my real delight in her was how she "came alive" for me, becoming one of those treasured characters that seem to take on a life and mind of their own when you're playing them.

Luna Faraday (prior designation: LNA-23q(R)) was a simple Praetorian Clockwork of the Home Companion variety. Not long after she was built, she was recalled to the factory to be modified as part of an experimental (R) "recon variant" program for the dreaded "Victoria" series. Using the more compact Home Companion chassis, these (R) variants were equipped with an advanced stealth system and a formidable electrostatic weapons array. Not long after her upgrade, however, LNA-23q experienced a fluke malfunction in her fractal processor core that caused her Inhibitor hardcoding to fail and for the alert which should accompany such malfunctions not to be generated. This allowed her to "bootstrap" herself to full sentience and free will...and to make a long story short, dedicate herself to the liberation of her kind, the Praetorian Clockwork.

Here's a shot of Luna gazing up in awestruck humility (she always remained a gentle Home Companion at heart...) at the holographic statue dedicated to her victory over several Avatars of Hamidon:

*How combat effective? 12 AVs taken down solo (using Incarnate stuff, but no Warburg nules or Shivans), MSTF badge. Not bad for a squishy Stalker.  :P

Cryfire

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 09:28:46 PM »
Best times playing was pulling a win out of what looked like a total failure.

1. Crimson Azure my empath on a Terra Voltra trial back when it was harder, wave after wave, massive wave causes team wipe, reactor is taking massive dammge, i popped my last purples and got the tank back up, he taunts, I heal him and reactor. He dies again, I get him back up and then get a scarpper back up and before we know it the tides turned and we win without the whole team even up on thier feet yet.

2. Energy Master my first alt, an energy/energy blaster doing the hollows trial, team wipe with just 2 minutes left to finish, able to rez, pop the last of my ispirtaions and free the captuive finishign the trail with just seconds to go.

Sometimes just hanging in there no matter how long it takes.

3. Winter Baron, ice controller doing an old posi with full team. By the time we finished, almost 8 hours later and just 3 of us left we barely beat the searvers going down by minutes.

Sometimes just who you're hanging out with.

4. Being a member of the Hamidon Death Squad and later The Legion on Liberty.

5. Doing the Sisterhood Sunday Events every Sunday when I could make it on Liberty.

I'm sure there's ton's more but for now that's good enough.

GoreckiMike

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 09:49:43 PM »
My best memory was with my Mind/Time Controller, Dawnlighter, in Who Will Die Part 6 on the "Island".

As I Controller, I kept repeating to myself "I am Not a Tank". My team was on the Ship, and each time the beam came down, it hurt bad. They could not make it to the "Island" with much left.

Using my Time Powers I was able to recharge in-flight and went to scout the island. I died a few times, but kept coming back for more. Those I did not Knock off the island, I Crushed. Each time I flew to the ship, I was on Strict Search & Destroy. I threw Confuse, Sleep, Slow, Holds, Psychic Tornado, what ever was charged at the time, each with Damage slotted.

In the end I was able to clear the Island. I did not even think about what the others were doing, I just had to Kill the Island for my Team's mish. In the end I repeated in "Team" that I was Not a Tank. They said I was the "Best" Tank they had seen. :-)

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
Completing my first pre-nerfed Lambda Sector with 3 seconss left on the clock was pretty epic :P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 09:57:29 PM »
Stone/ Tanks are an exception I'll grant, but speaking as someone who played a Fire/Ice Tank, a Will/Energy Tank, and a Dark/Stone tank, I still think that if you hit 50 without at least one debt badge, you were joining the wrong teams.  Half the fun was in accidentally aggroing the entire floor in the Frostfire map, or trying to hold aggro on Silver Mantis and all her adds in a Blaster-heavy team.
Actually one of my many 50 ice tanks hit 50 with one death at level 12 only, and she tried to get herself killed many times. The only things that totally destroy ice tanks is old style blue clockwork and the DE eminators which I didn't happen to main tank, but I was tanking things like +3 citadel TFs on her at the right level for the TF.

The only thing that murdered my dark/stone tank was recluse (but I was softcapped v S/L from quite low level).

faith.grins

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 06:22:08 AM »
Actually one of my many 50 ice tanks hit 50 with one death at level 12 only, and she tried to get herself killed many times. The only things that totally destroy ice tanks is old style blue clockwork and the DE eminators which I didn't happen to main tank, but I was tanking things like +3 citadel TFs on her at the right level for the TF.

The only thing that murdered my dark/stone tank was recluse (but I was softcapped v S/L from quite low level).
You and I have very different ideas of "fun."

Also, and I was quite fond of pointing this out on ITFs, one of the coolest things about Willpower and Dark Armor is that in certain situations death is the best thing that can happen to you.  "Whoops, I'm over the aggro cap.  Give me a second, I'll stun these bastards."