Author Topic: Finished Call to Action: CoH is 1st, 3rd in MMOSite Readers' Choice Awards!  (Read 58518 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite! Vote DAILY Until Jan. 6th!
« Reply #240 on: January 07, 2013, 12:21:00 AM »
What was that third voting page for exactly? The one that didn't specify a category.

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #241 on: January 07, 2013, 12:31:21 AM »
What was that third voting page for exactly? The one that didn't specify a category.
I believe it voted for City of Heroes in both categories (I'd assume ALL categories it was nominated for). That's what it did for me, as I'd double check by refreshing afterward.

I have to admit that I'm not all that keen about "most classic"... it's like, "Oh, yeah, that old game was old, but kinda cool", you know what I mean?
Don't get me wrong... I am pleased that we were first in that as well as 3rd (but really 1st) for the "best community".
I'm just so sick of CoH being dead and dealing with people who talk about CoH as though it was some older, unpopular thing... it was a vibrant, innovative and unique modern video game.
Again, I'm pleased and it is certainly a classic for all time... but it's so not a standard "classic" old game that isn't good enough to be considered "best game" without the word "classic" in front of that award.
It was the best damn game in 2012. Not just the most classic...

Haha... okay, I just had to mention that. I'm good now.  :P

--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #242 on: January 07, 2013, 05:21:12 PM »
I believe it voted for City of Heroes in both categories (I'd assume ALL categories it was nominated for). That's what it did for me, as I'd double check by refreshing afterward.

That is indeed what it did. The interesting thing, which I edited into the OP, was that if you clicked it first, you couldn't vote on the category pages (giving 1 vote per category). But if you voted at each individual category, and then the main game page, you could get multiple votes in (2 per category).

Edit: I think we should certainly follow Rae's example and get a few press releases out there. This is nothing but good publicity.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 05:30:59 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Mazz vs The World

• Lieutenant
« Reply #243 on: January 07, 2013, 07:58:42 PM »
So COH 1st place under most classic and how are all of NCSofts other titels rated...not so great....#MESSAGE

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #244 on: January 07, 2013, 08:50:23 PM »
Well GW2 made an okay showing.  4th in Best New, 19th in Best Gameplay, 16th in Favorite and 12th in Best Graphics.

Lineage wasn't nominated for any.

Aion was 17th in Favorite, 12th in Best F2P, 12th in Best Classic and 16th in Best PVP.

Lineage II was 33rd in Best Classic, 35th in Best PVP.

Guild Wars was 40th Best Community and 32nd in Best Classic

Blade & Soul was 10th in Best Graphics and 6th Most Anticipated
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Mazz vs The World

• Lieutenant
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2013, 08:55:41 PM »
Very true but I find it ironic that the only game they published that made a top 3 showing was the game they axed.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #246 on: January 08, 2013, 03:57:03 AM »
Very true but I find it ironic that the only game they published that made a top 3 showing was the game they axed.

*Waah waaaah waaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaah....*

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2013, 06:08:20 AM »
Well it was the only game whose community cared enough to vote and vote often was the game they axed.  Would we have bothered if we weren't trying to make a statement?
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2013, 06:22:15 AM »
Well it was the only game whose community cared enough to vote and vote often was the game they axed.  Would we have bothered if we weren't trying to make a statement?

Naa, we'd just be raising $10k in charity money instead.  8)

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2013, 03:55:30 PM »

Probably not. *shrug* The real test will be if CoH is on next year's poll (Star Wars Galaxies was on this year's, so why not?) and if we do as well as this year.

This can also be unstickied. I think we made our point.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
Re: Finished Call to Action: CoH is 1st, 3rd in MMOSite Readers' Choice Awards!
« Reply #251 on: January 12, 2013, 06:35:03 PM »
After two responses talking about the rewards that MMOSite was giving its members for voting, I finally got a PM regarding the bribes:

Quote from: MMOSite Admin nichole
Oh, I see.MMOsite has cut the cheat vote already. We could do nothing to some players if they just vote agame for reward, as we couldn't konw which one is vote for favor and which one is vote for reward. What's more, the game offical afford the reward, not MMOsite and we do not have the right to prevent game offical do something for their own game.

Adrenalin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #252 on: January 12, 2013, 07:52:47 PM »
Good grief... I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt here and say english is a second language for Admin Nichole?

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #253 on: January 15, 2013, 02:16:40 PM »
Doubtful; that looks fairly typical of a lot of internet posting style I've seen that is very English-as-first-language. It's just rather stream-of-consciousness (which is a so-called "writing style" that I wish Faulkner were MALIGNED in school for "inventing," rather than for which he is lauded by English teachers who would throw a hissy fit at the dreadful grammar and utter illegibility of it if a student turned in such tripe).

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #254 on: January 15, 2013, 03:04:16 PM »
That's the worst of the messages I received; the others were reasonable, if missing a few capital letters.

HarvesterOfEyes

• Lieutenant
  • Mine is to collect from the wicked.
« Reply #255 on: January 15, 2013, 11:08:39 PM »
Doubtful; that looks fairly typical of a lot of internet posting style I've seen that is very English-as-first-language. It's just rather stream-of-consciousness (which is a so-called "writing style" that I wish Faulkner were MALIGNED in school for "inventing," rather than for which he is lauded by English teachers who would throw a hissy fit at the dreadful grammar and utter illegibility of it if a student turned in such tripe).
All these years I thought I was the only person in the country who loathed Faulkner's style.

I never grasped the double-think necessary to view him as a great writer.

Thanks for making my day.