Author Topic: Need help archiving with demorecord  (Read 1150 times)

DrOrrery

• Underling
Need help archiving with demorecord
« on: December 04, 2012, 11:27:15 AM »
I had a really good group of friends on city (one of whom had been playing since the beta), and I demo recorded some of our last runs together, one with an all fire/fire team and the other all dogs (called Not Just for Christmas, because Justice is not just for Christmas).  I was hoping to put together a few montages to put on youtube.  I've run into one snag though, I can't get the demos to play any sound.  Video works fine but they are completely silent.  Anyone have any idea?  Thanks.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Need help archiving with demorecord
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 12:05:53 PM »
It's a known problem with demo playback since Issue 17 or thereabouts.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

DrOrrery

• Underling
Re: Need help archiving with demorecord
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »
Rats, that's a shame.  Thanks for letting me know though.

So I ended up putting it to David Bowie's Heroes (of course).  Should anyone want a bit of a nostalgia kick, I present the Virtue Blue team of Not Just for Christmas:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygdvL9b2h_U