Author Topic: I want to Cheer Up  (Read 434195 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: I want to Cheer Up
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2013, 02:56:31 PM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2013, 05:54:35 PM »
LOL, Trip! There used to be a tv show in the 70s' called 'Lancelot Link, secret chimp. He played in a rock band called The Evolution Revolution..LOLOL

Here is the intro showing the heroes and villains

Lancelot Link intro

Now, for my submission

I remember Gold Key Comics (I even had a few that I donated along with the rest of my comicbooks to the friend who's a collector and who'd take really good care of them) and while I don't recall if I read this particular issue, I'd all but forgotten these chimpanzee photo cartoons!  Thanks for the stroll down Memory Lane and the cheering up!  P.S. I also remember kids' TV shows like The Banana Splits, The Monkees, a 1967 or '68 cartoon Beatles, all the shows by Sid & Marty Krofft etc, etc. etc.

LOL, your patient feline friend.   ;)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2013, 05:57:37 PM »

Ya know, Healix, I have been told that exact thing more times than I care to count!!!!!

(for the exact record, the # of times I have been told this is zero - but I hope i got you laughing!)   ;D
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2013, 07:11:21 PM »
Thanks, Houtex! That was genius!  I'd grown up watching the Carol Burnett show but hadn't thought about for years how much Tim Conway enjoyed ad libbing often cracking up his fellow performers.  I think my all-time favorite Carol Burnett has to be their "Went With The Wind" send up of "Gone With The Wind" but since you say this is the best 5 minutes on the Carol Burnett show, you know I would hate to contradict what you're saying:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PJzMHObabo  (Monty Python's "How to Contradict People")   ;D

That is hilarious.  MP is totally win.  I love how Cleese is just holding that totally content piglet as if it's no big deal. :)

This had me going too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tacCDPvls40

I mean... Vicky is just awesome, I tell you, awesome.  They are so good at what they do.

/And there's a LOT of them clips... I got through 2 of them and had to stop... :D

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2013, 07:13:44 PM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2013, 01:33:20 PM »

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2013, 12:53:50 AM »

*Healix, I want you to know I barely managed not to splort warm chai out my nose!*

When looking at this photo composite image, I believe the technical term (at least the one that comes to my mind) is:  Oh My Effing Ghod!!!!!

That, and I am officially giving up on attempting to understand "fashion statements."  This photo also proves why Paragon City often remains superior to the Real WorldTM.
Just imagine how much better that dude would look with a full-length cape covering his backside!

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2013, 02:26:05 AM »
Looks like a loaded diaper.  Why anyone thinks that's a good look is totally beyond me, and that someone wore out outside, worse.

/Know who that is, and I'd rather say Voldemort's name or (The game what's name shall not be mentioned) than his.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2013, 11:26:52 PM »
(LOL, Houtie!)

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2013, 09:09:41 PM »

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2013, 09:21:48 PM »

lmao.

That'll teach them to mess with Zangief's snow slopes.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2013, 11:30:23 PM »

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2013, 08:52:05 AM »
My kitty is here to make me happy (and you too!)

(you may recognize the symbol on my husband's shirt...)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2013, 04:50:45 PM »
Well I woke up this morning having had "the dream" again.  This time I was in the Hollows on some brand new alt, who'd probably just completed AP safeguard.  Unlike some, I didn't have any image of my avatar but I awoke when I realized I didn't need to travel back to AP but could visit Foreshadow instead and buy my training enhancements - LOL in the game while I don't recall the level I knew the toon was gonna pick up 2 new slots - before getting back to mishing in the Hollows.  I suspect this newest alt would have to be my newest def whom I'd planned to research and name " My Little Bronie " in honor of all the CoH community has taught me about bronies (namely more than I would have ever imagined wanting to know.)  TTYL, Titan.  Shopping calls.   *sniff*  Remember: Frienship IS magical!   (and yeah, i promise to come back to sweep up all the bronie poo out of the stables since that doesn't go at all well with rainbows and lollipops.)

/em holdtorch

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2013, 05:21:00 AM »

I don't know why, but this had me falling out of my chair.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2013, 11:28:51 AM »

Um.... 'cause it's really, really FUNNY?   (*reflexively ducks in case you throw things*)    8)  <--- See, I'm wearing glasses and everything!

One of the (many) things posted that made me laugh yesterday was Healix' "Breaking News Report" on the "new aggressive sales approach" by Girl Scouts!!!!  Man, if I thought those "soccer moms" were bad, I can just imagine all those Stay At Home Fathers and what they may have taught their "angelic" children.  At the risk of repeating myself, C4 is NOT an ingredient I want in my cookies!!!   :P

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2013, 12:32:24 PM »

Heeheehee ;D

At the risk of repeating myself, C4 is NOT an ingredient I want in my cookies!!!   :P

It's funny you should mention that. I used to partake in a fair amount of silly RP in the game, and for a while there one of my "things" was exploding cookies.

See, early on I was shy and didn't really talk to people ingame much. But then one day I was testing macros and made one for tossing a cookie to whoever I was targeting. I bounced around, tossing cookies at people, and some of the reactions were just priceless... so I kept it. It was a great icebreaker.

And then at another point I came up with a backstory for my little solo-supergroup, Crystalguard. We would grow and harvest the crystals that the Menders turned into Fire and Ice Crystals. And whenever the crystal farms needed to be "pruned", Trip would powder the leftover remains and set them aside for later study. Well apparently, the group's intern Kenny mistook one of these bags of powder for something that belonged in the kitchen. The next time Trip made a batch of cookies, instead of baking powder she accidentally used the temporal powder. As I'm sure you're aware, Ouroboros crystals were never meant to be baked into cookies and thrown at people.... Well, I'll put it this way. You know that Kaboom that Marvin the Martian was always looking for? Yeah, we found it. :-\

(What really happened there was this one guy activated Self Destruct after I tossed my cookies on at him, and I just went with it ;D )

So, yeah. To make a long, pointless story short, silly RP rocks. The End. :P

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2013, 07:10:41 AM »

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2013, 09:14:46 AM »

Dat Ass...wait :o
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2013, 05:31:46 AM »
Heeheehee ;D

It's funny you should mention that. I used to partake in a fair amount of silly RP in the game, and for a while there one of my "things" was exploding cookies.

See, early on I was shy and didn't really talk to people ingame much. But then one day I was testing macros and made one for tossing a cookie to whoever I was targeting. I bounced around, tossing cookies at people, and some of the reactions were just priceless... so I kept it. It was a great icebreaker.

And then at another point I came up with a backstory for my little solo-supergroup, Crystalguard. We would grow and harvest the crystals that the Menders turned into Fire and Ice Crystals. And whenever the crystal farms needed to be "pruned", Trip would powder the leftover remains and set them aside for later study. Well apparently, the group's intern Kenny mistook one of these bags of powder for something that belonged in the kitchen. The next time Trip made a batch of cookies, instead of baking powder she accidentally used the temporal powder. As I'm sure you're aware, Ouroboros crystals were never meant to be baked into cookies and thrown at people.... Well, I'll put it this way. You know that Kaboom that Marvin the Martian was always looking for? Yeah, we found it. :-\

(What really happened there was this one guy activated Self Destruct after I tossed my cookies on at him, and I just went with it ;D )

So, yeah. To make a long, pointless story short, silly RP rocks. The End. :P
ROFL!!!!! I love your story!!!  That was one of my favorite things about tabletop gaming, was in between all the heroic stuff there were often these magical moments of  Silly, that later became the stuff of legend for our gaming group.  Oh the stories I could bore tell you!!!  And it sounds like you know just what I mean, if you found Marvin the Martian's Kaboom!!!!   8)