Author Topic: Silly Forum games  (Read 14902 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: Silly Forum games
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 06:25:03 AM »
*the only thing on the house is the roof....and that leaks* LOL mmmmmmmmmmmmmm  tasty! Got any deep fried snake hips and chicken lips? (Well, this IS supposed to be silly...)
Chicken lips?!  I think I dated that guy once!   Deep fried snake hips?  So sorry, I think I am fresh out, but I bet we could get a special order from Slytherin House.  I hear they have the very best snakes!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 12:36:11 AM »
Would snake steaks look like hot dogs? (lol...tube steaks)
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 02:22:57 AM »
Would snake steaks look like hot dogs? (lol...tube steaks)
While I haven't tried it, I 've heard that rattlesnake tastes like chicken.  I once ate frog's legs, like at an actual sit down restaurant, and since I was 12 (imagine Calvin from "Calvin and Hobbs" at 12) I just simply had to try that never having seen that on any menu before, and purportedly the frog legs also tasted like chicken, tho strangely, even IF they were "chicken-like" in flavor, I dunno why they didn't taste like any actual chicken I'd eaten before.  [insert here that line from "The Matrix" about "everything (without a distinctive flavor) tasting like chicken"]  So, yeah, there's absolutely no reason why tube steaks shouldn't also taste like chicken, unless they're like all-beef Franks or something.   ;)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2013, 09:45:39 AM »
..'tastes like chicken'     MUHAHAHAHA

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2013, 12:36:33 PM »
You know what a sweet, innocent and dare I add naive thing I am, Healix.   Also, OMG!  Is that the DARK KNIGHT eating Pinky Pie?!?!?!  Man! Talk about being in-touch with one's inner Bronie, errr, anima, errrr... um, oh! I get what you're sayin', Bruce Wayne is a Brony!  AWESOME!!!

From the "Brony Hierarchy of Needs" http://www.google.com/imgres?client=firefox-a&hs=fqB&sa=X&hl=en&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1680&bih=894&tbm=isch&tbnid=C2Oc8gwI9lFsyM:&imgrefurl=http://ferdrimmler.deviantart.com/art/The-Brony-Hierarchy-of-Needs-314850819&docid=2OVa13M3phZWEM&imgurl=http://www.deviantart.com/download/314850819/the_brony_hierarchy_of_needs_by_ferdrimmler-d57gcg3.png&w=1000&h=1075&ei=TjhxUbz-Aqji4APgs4CYDg&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:10,s:0,i:113&iact=rc&dur=6175&page=1&tbnh=175&tbnw=163&start=0&ndsp=29&tx=101&ty=118      (Man, I gotta learn how to post images etc and join this supposed 21st Century like all the kewl kids already have!)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2013, 01:03:44 AM »
Cheese and rice, is that all one link? :o

That's like the War and Peace of internet addresses!
I know! I was pretty gobsmacked when I copied and pasted it.  Maybe I should stick with lower tech things like fireplaces, books and magic lantern shows.   :D

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2013, 01:26:42 AM »
Bronies eat Pinky Pies? Is that literal or metaphorical?  8)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2013, 02:03:45 AM »
Bronies eat Pinky Pies? Is that literal or metaphorical?  8)
I am way late coming to the Bronie table since I managed to become one without ever having seen even one episode of My Little Pony just the cartoons that got posted here and on the former COH official forums; however, I am gonna hope it means metaphorical internalizing of principle rather than animated pixel-horse flesh eating, since the later is, like, ewww!

BTW, thanks for your signature line, Tim.  I found myself watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC3tseY-ic0 and getting caught up in hearing our saga once more. 8)  Man, not only do i want to log in and play, I find I am already up for yet another ROCKIN' 0 XP Weekend!!!  And we just had one, so probably I'll have to wait at least another month.

Also, I doubt this is the right place for this but I recently read these words and they resonated with me "If there is injustice, then I think inaction is the wrong response.  The Buddhist texts mention what is called 'misplaced tolerance' or 'misplaced forbearance'.  ...misplaced patience or forbearance refers to the sense of endurance that some individuals have when they are subject to a very destructive,  negative activity."  --The Dalai Lama (pg. 19, The Art of Happiness at Work.  Naturally, His Holiness the Dalai Lama was not writing about City of Heroes; however,  he does write about the need/obligation to resist and oppose exploitation and injustice. 

/em holdtorch

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 03:34:35 AM »

..and I'd rather do it in my City!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 12:05:53 PM »

..and I'd rather do it in my City!

*sings "I want my CoH" to the "I want my MTV" line from "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits.*   /em holdtorch

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 10:19:50 PM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2014, 03:38:52 AM »
I used Songify to create a song for my Willpower /fire tank.  His name is Super Fire Dragon.  He is a short yellow golden dragon who never took the game or himself to seriously.  So the song goes like this:
Super
Fire
Super
Fire
Dragon
Dragon.

It fits.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2014, 05:24:41 AM »
Maybe this is a stupid question... But how exactly do you figure out a character's "theme song"?  I've never even sort of thought about this before right now.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2014, 04:02:13 AM »
It has to do with roleplaying.
And what you think about, besides leveling, while you run that character.
But remember, not all toons have theme songs.

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »
Maybe this is a stupid question... But how exactly do you figure out a character's "theme song"?  I've never even sort of thought about this before right now.

Some inspiration for you!  The theme song starts at 0:37.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G39GgvCjTZs

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2014, 02:59:10 PM »

First you figure out their personality. Then, what genre does their appearance reflect? Choose some music that fits the 'mood' you want to convey.

For example...

At one time, I roleplayed a character with a goth look, sort of like Kate Beckinsdale in Underworld.

The character wasn't a vampire, but she was nevertheless a street-fighting badass who dealt with paranormal freaks on a regular basis. So, I chose something to reflect that.

Enter Resident Evil. "Tokyo" by Tomandandy - the Resident Evil: Afterlife intro theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBSKSIxnGjI
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:21:31 PM by LadyShin »
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 04:14:49 PM »
Speaking of theme songs.

Harbringer Orochi (SS/fire/mu brute)-- http://youtu.be/fcbazH6aE2g?t=33s

Operative Rothschild (Nightwidow/Fortunata Vigilante) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRm3vYF2BQw

Lone Wolf- Pet focused Crab Spider -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_tVZFZ5PR4

Twisted One (Plant/fire/fire permadom) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r32LcBqiv7I

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 05:51:33 PM »
For Pale Ryder5. Let the bodies hit the floor(Drowning Pool)
For War Shryke Violence and bloodshed( Manowar)
Blackstar5 Defender(Manowar)
Shadow Punch5, Another One Bites the Dust( Queen)
Eazy Ryder5, Midnight Rider( Alman Brothers)