Author Topic: Yo, LB!  (Read 1052 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Yo, LB!
« on: December 01, 2012, 07:36:19 PM »
They actually did it! The basts! The final Mapserve under the NCLimp flag..

Was great to see everyone last night, see LB with >300 people, hear all the BS, Kick Kid Spark from LB for a tenth of a second (roadhouse! : ) & play play play.

Not been many fun times on my home planet for awhile so I especially wanted to say thanks much for all the fun times in alter universe CoH. I don't do Facebook, so, this seemed like the next best place to say HI. Thought others might like to see something that says LB when they are snooping around here, too  : )

Cya out there!
~ @Xev
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
Re: Yo, LB!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 09:07:47 PM »
yep. It's nice to see indeed!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Neutron-Star

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 02:16:00 AM »
Thanks to the gang on LB for making my playing experience so great! 

I was never very social in game but gradually teamed more and more thanks to folks badging, forming teams, TFs and trails on the channel. I still soloed a lot but the chatter on LB always made me feel part of a larger group of players.  You folks really put the MM in MMORPG!

Glad there is a place we can still connect here on Titan Network.

Outside of a revival of CoH, where are folks going on-line?

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 05:49:35 PM »
Outside of a revival of CoH, where are folks going on-line?

There's the million dollar question..

Dunno. I'm severely restricted here, mainly due to a 5gb/mo bandwidth limit that doesn't allow for much client downloading.

I used to be a hardishcore EQ player and have nice toys there, some uber rare, but even with 11 years of veteran rewards the thrill just wasn't there when I logged on, and, it killed my bandwidth for the month downloading the pieces of the client that have been updated in the last 5 years or so since I logged on last.

Next month I'll try something else if it's small enough to download. 5gb goes fast..

People will roll their eyes when they read about EQ, but, you have to give them credit. I logged on for 1 day and saw someone in my friends list from years ago, my last raiding guild seems as active as ever, and there is plenty of new content/tweaks. Oh, and the servers are far from empty. My old one, AB (since Veeshan went away in the merge years ago and I moved to europe where AB is), was at or near capacity often throughout the day. One of the most casual guilds on the server that I had friends in seems to have survived well, too, 'Jesters in Norrath'. Sony also takes polls now on what people want to see in the next expansions, among other things, which I thought was interesting. The half a million in plat I had left was still worth something, too - I could buy anything in the bazaar and have plats leftover.

EQ lacks all the flash of CoH, tho. Like someone said once about CoH  'I log in, and all my hot rods are sitting there waiting for me to take them for a spin.'

I dunno of any direct replacement for CoH, it is kinda unique, which is one of the best reasons for bringing it back. Mature/fun playerbase + tons of new development and reasonably modern looking game engine that gives rewards for playing for 5 minutes or 5+ hours. The best travel powers, best costume creator, best FTP. The whole package makes CoH one of a kind.

I had a sub for all but a few days I was online and I know this isn't the most popular opinion but I thought the Free-to-play options in CoH were brilliant, too. It brought in new/returning players (like me, who re-subbed from Freedom until the end) and people spent lots of cash in there (I heard the stories in LB over and over) and had incentive to because it was done well. I'm dead broke and even I spent cash in the Market. I think FTP/Vet rewards added another dimension to the game as well as giving new players a great chance to get into the game without commiting funds right away and oltimers some prestige & reward for sticking around. I've read up on some other FTPs out there and so far I think CoH did that best, too.

PS
I don't do Facebook but for anyone else interested, I was told LB has a Facebook page.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>