Author Topic: CoH Subculture and Memes  (Read 25718 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: CoH Subculture and Memes
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 09:26:03 PM »
First time I  saw /tantrum I  almost freaked out! That is the most disturbing emote I 've ever seen.

I thought /em tantrum was hilarious!  I had it on a bind for one of my characters to yell "Arghh! NO!!!!" in local, while another had CTRL V for "Yay, We Won!" in a bind with /em Victory.   :o
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »
Just picked this up from reading another thread:  KAAAAAAHHHHHNNNN!!!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 09:54:30 PM »
After realizing the toon was not being rezzed like in TRON I could laugh at /tantrum appropriately. That and facepalm were my 2 faves actually. I always wanted to build an exorcist toon and just spam /tantrum inappropriately.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 09:57:59 PM »
Planking!  I also thought /em Swoon was pretty funny!  Heck, I pretty much loved ALL the emotes.  :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:52:35 PM by johnrobey »

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2012, 10:00:04 PM »
Planking!  I also thought /em Swoom was pretty funny!  Heck, I pretty much loved ALL the emotes.  :)
I tried making a mute toon on a free account. There were enough emotes on free accounts to actually get by with it. All other games are gonna suck aren't they....
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 10:25:12 PM »
Taxibots and PCSAR

"Costume contest under Atlas in X minutes"

Flambimbeaux

Rikti dolls and fire farms

ED and MARTY

knowing what TO,DO,SO, HO, IO  means

As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 10:29:49 PM »
hamikinis
buttcapes (and the drama thereof-- "IT'S NOT BUTTCAPE" "IT IS TOO BUTTCAPE" "WHY CAN'T MY DUDE WEAR A BUTTCAPE" "IT'S NOT BUTTCAPE")
lag valley (much improved by the end)
"There's Always One"
zombocalypse/riktipocalypse
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »
Door-sitting and bridging.
*HOORB*
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2012, 11:19:36 PM »
I can't remember his name (and I feel terrible about that, but it's escaped me for 2 days now), but you could add whoever that guy was that had those funny one-sided phone conversations.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2012, 11:21:58 PM »
I can't remember his name (and I feel terrible about that, but it's escaped me for 2 days now), but you could add whoever that guy was that had those funny one-sided phone conversations.

Ascendant?

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Ascendant-O%27s
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 12:00:26 AM »
"Hello $Target I'm $name a $level $archetype"

F7 or "Ready as I'm gonna be"  (instead of pressing the F7 key)

Dancing in Pocket D.  Skiing the slopes in Winterland.

Probably not unique to CoH but I saw an awful lot of "What could possibly go wrong?"

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2012, 01:01:09 AM »
Pausing during the Frostfire mission to skate and slide around in the "ice ramp" room.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2012, 02:13:20 AM »
Pausing during the Frostfire mission to skate and slide around in the "ice ramp" room.

That was exactly why on Friday morning 11/30, I asked my teammates, all level 50, to do the Frostfire arc via Ouroboros flashback.  We had a ball!

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 02:14:22 AM »
Nice. I considered doing that myself, but just ran out of time.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012, 02:26:35 AM »
Badge runs (of all sorts), speed TFs, all-AT TF's.

GM hunts.

Announcing you were "About to talk to the Latin Student.  Anyone want in?"

Fire troll Cave AE farms.

Passing the Star.

"For the DEBT Badge!"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:09:14 AM by johnrobey »

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2012, 02:57:56 AM »
Wow, these are all great.  My favorite emote was e/research.  And "All Blaster ITF forming, pst for invite".  Or all Storm Controller ITF.  Now that was epic. :)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2012, 03:11:53 AM »
Badge runs (of all sorts), speed TFs, all-AT TF's.

GM hunts.

Announcing you were "About to talk to the Latin Student.  Anyone want in?"

Fire unicorn Cave AE farms.

Passing the Star.

"For the DEBT Badge!"

Hmmmm, how strange.  I type the word T - R - O - L - L  yet when I post that word is changed to Unicorn.  I don't remember any AE Fire Unicorn Cave missions....  ;)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2012, 03:19:49 AM »
Wow, these are all great.  My favorite emote was e/research.  And "All Blaster ITF forming, pst for invite".  Or all Storm Controller ITF.  Now that was epic. :)

I always loved the All Blaster TF's.  They were a bla... very fun!  I never did an All Stormie or any all-AT ITF but it would have been fun.   Blasters wound up being my favorite AT (maybe that would have changed over time), since blasters either won fast or got defeated fast (or else got very skilled at running away and escaping.)  I especially loved blaster Defiance so even mezzed I always had 3 attacks and then could pop that BreakFree.

BTW, do Inspirations count as a meme?  If so, let's add Combining inspirations, and asking a fallen teammate "What u need?"

Synodontis

• Minion
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2012, 03:40:44 AM »
Let us make air sounds at each other!