Author Topic: CoH Subculture and Memes  (Read 25719 times)

Dollhouse

• Boss
  • "What will happen? Will I dream?"
Re: CoH Subculture and Memes
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2012, 05:19:33 PM »
I always wanted to make one of these to say 'Someone order a cutscene with extra cheese?', but never got around to actually doing it.

I always intended to make on for a certain point in the BAF cutscene that said, "OMG! I did NOT need to see robot camel toe!"  Like you, I never got around to it. Probably just as well...   :P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:06:24 PM by Dollhouse »

Dollhouse

• Boss
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2012, 05:22:40 PM »
F7 or "Ready as I'm gonna be"  (instead of pressing the F7 key)"

Had a quivering lower lip, misty-eyed moment last night in TSW when a teammate* replied with "F7" to the leader asking if we were ready to jump on a Lair boss.   :'(

*team full of CoH refugees from the Pinnacle RPC...a fair few of us have ended up there.

Rangle M. Down

• Minion
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2012, 07:02:49 PM »
Heh!  Hiya Rangle!  I rather suspected I'd be hearing that there were NO such things as Rangle PlotsTM if you happened to see this post.  LOL.  BTW, is it okay if I add you and Impish to my Buddy List here on Titan?  I've sent Impish either email or PM via Titan asking if she can repost the great pics and screenies of the Rangle toons.  *Beep, Beep! No Rangle Plots here!*  That thread on our now vanished forums always made me laugh.   :)

"Rangle PlotsTM" were mostly limited to the Justice server, with occasional flurries into the TankHQ global (During Tanker Tuesday runs). I was surprised that a couple of throw away lines by me, repeated here and there, ended up having a life of it's own. That it lasted as long as it did, and was still "going strong" at the games end amazed me. I'm just glad most folks had fun with it, even if it was fully at my expense.  8)

I can't speak for Impish, but you can certainly add me to your buddy list.

Ad_Astra

• Lieutenant
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2012, 07:41:46 PM »
One that is probably Infinity-spcific "I blame Doc"

indiramourning

• Minion
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2012, 08:03:10 PM »
Eat an Accuracy inspiration and you're guarenteed to miss the next attack you make.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:33:33 PM by indiramourning »

Dollhouse

• Boss
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2012, 09:08:52 PM »
CHUM SPRAY!!!

Heraclea

• Minion
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2012, 09:12:14 PM »
There were quite a few of those references tucked away in the game. (I am old, too.)

I was a huge Firesign Theatre fan from way back when, and there was always a strong Firesign influence in all of my AE stories, especially Jerk Hackers and Deth Kick Champions.  Making forum memes into AE stories was something I specialized in, though it did not end well for The Monstrous Regiment of Lesbian Hellions.

And there were Tanker Tuesday specifics, like "Witty dies." 

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
I always wanted to make one of these to say 'Someone order a cutscene with extra cheese?', but never got around to actually doing it.

Also we've had AE babies in here but everyone always forgets the Winter Lord babies that came before them. :p

A friend of mine got on a group of 8 blasters for that event, and apparently it went 8x aim/BU/snipe and the WL was pretty much dead. He went up 15 levels in less than an hour.

The AE babies http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/438711/ae-babies-episode-1 were superb.

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2012, 10:58:39 PM »
The first Winter Lord event helped a lot of characters get to 14 (full travel power) and/or 20 (Stamina) at a time in the game when it really sucked to be without either.  This was back when the devs (Cryptic) subscribed to the MMO design concept that travel time and other things that extend play time are equivalent to content, and thus made people Sprint across entire zones and Rest after every couple of fights.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2012, 11:12:42 PM »
The first Winter Lord event helped a lot of characters get to 14 (full travel power) and/or 20 (Stamina) at a time in the game when it really sucked to be without either.  This was back when the devs (Cryptic) subscribed to the MMO design concept that travel time and other things that extend play time are equivalent to content, and thus made people Sprint across entire zones and Rest after every couple of fights.

Sprint across zones, pah, you hovered across the hollows :)

Shinobu

• Minion
  • aka Shinobu
    • Shinobu's City of Heroes Journal
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2012, 11:16:07 PM »

After running my level 8 barbarian shaman from Halas all the way across the world to... Faydwer or whatever that stupid elf woods place was... nothing in City of Heroes ever seemed like much of a challenge.  I handled the Hollows just fine.  ^_^

As I've posted elsewhere, I used Winter Lords on several characters but most notably my fire/kin Shinobu (later Prisstina when I moved her to Virtue) went from about level 13 to level 27.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2012, 11:19:45 PM »
Sprint across zones, pah, you hovered across the hollows :)
And while your toon hovered its way towards the mission door, you could take the time to get up, get a soda and a sandwich, and possibly bake a cake! ;)
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2012, 11:22:33 PM »
F-Ook! (Getting 'monkeyed' in mid-flight und then plunging to your death >:( )
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2012, 03:00:24 AM »
I had a headcanon of comparing Lord Recluse and the Arachnos generals to Golbez and the Elemental Archfiends in Final Fantasy IV.

Does this count?

And I figured out what "do a round bubble" is. I think.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2012, 03:26:07 AM »
CHUM SPRAY!!!
I continued to refer to the power by that name right up until they booted us of the servers.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2012, 05:55:28 AM »
"Rangle PlotsTM" were mostly limited to the Justice server, with occasional flurries into the TankHQ global (During Tanker Tuesday runs). I was surprised that a couple of throw away lines by me, repeated here and there, ended up having a life of it's own. That it lasted as long as it did, and was still "going strong" at the games end amazed me. I'm just glad most folks had fun with it, even if it was fully at my expense.  8)

I can't speak for Impish, but you can certainly add me to your buddy list.

Thanks, Rangle!  Added you to the Buddy List.   I really like that the community is still here.  Thus far CoH fandom on Titan has been a good substitute for me since I can no longer log in and team.  I haven't felt like playing any games, MMO or otherwise, since shutdown, tho I expect I will in the future.  I greatly enjoyed all the joking speculation on Justice United chat from @Nursette, @Heroette and others about RanglePlotstm.  When you were offline, we'd often joke about someone being part of a RanglePlottm or even you!  E.G. Notice how you never see Nursette and Rangle together at the same time?  Why that's like Batman/Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent/Superman -- Suspicious!  It was a delightful RanglePlottm  Thanks for all the humor this created.   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Iridar

• Underling
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2012, 09:12:16 PM »
Aka "Butt Ugly"

aka "Baby Freaks a Lot"