Author Topic: Sharing of CoH vids, demo's etc  (Read 49070 times)

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
Re: Sharing of CoH vids, demo's etc
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2015, 08:15:44 PM »
On 11/28/2012, my dark miasma/dark blast/dark mastery defender hero, Doctor Outre played through the Battle the Praetorian Threat mission as shown in this video. During the mission, Doc battled against ***SPOILERS ALERT*** the Praetorian archvillain Infernal and his demon minions in order to destroy their summoning portal.

The video was created by using the demo recording capability of CoH along with FRAPS and Windows Live Movie Maker software.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2015, 03:55:47 PM »
My gravity control/force field/primal forces mastery controller hero, Gravi-Metrik played through the "Save the Able Family" mission as shown in this video. During the mission, Gravi battled against ***SPOILERS ALERT*** Malta Operatives.

The video was created by using the demo recording capability of CoH (recorded on 11/26/2012) along with FRAPS and Windows Live Movie Maker software.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2015, 02:25:06 PM »
My electrical blast/electricity manipulation/electrical mastery blaster hero, Hornet joined a pick-up group (PUG) along with the following heroes: Dagonn, Gerbil, International Hero, Myrrial, and Venus XL5. The team battled against a Rikti invasion in Steel Canyon and then played through the "Defeat All Malta in Lab" mission, battling against Malta Operatives as shown in this video.

The video was created by using the demo recording capability of CoH (recorded on 11/26/2012) along with FRAPS and Windows Live Movie Maker software.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2015, 07:06:32 PM »
My fire blast/fire manipulation/flame mastery blaster hero, Human Flamethrower played through "The Spellwhisperer" mission, battling against mystical miscreants of the Night Ward as shown in this video.

The video was created by using the demo recording capability of CoH (recorded on 11/28/2012) along with FRAPS and Windows Live Movie Maker software.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2015, 12:22:37 PM »
My spines/willpower/body mastery scrapper hero, Human Porcupine played through the "Defend PTS" mission, battling against Rikti invaders as shown in this video.

The video was created by using the demo recording capability of CoH (recorded on 11/28/2012) along with FRAPS and Windows Live Movie Maker software.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2015, 01:48:52 AM »
My robotics/dark miasma/soul mastery mastermind villain, Flotsam played through the "Subdue In-Fighting Devouring Earth Specimens" mission, battling against Devouring Earth monsters as shown in this video.

The video was created by using the demo recording capability of City of Villains (recorded on 11/28/2012) along with FRAPS and Windows Live Movie Maker software.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2015, 01:49:54 AM »
My electrical blast/pain domination/Mu mastery corruptor villain, Mu'Arkaen played through the "Spring the Trap on the Renegade Swords" mission, battling against renegade Vanguard operatives as shown in this video.

The video was created by using the demo recording capability of City of Villains (recorded on 11/16/2012) along with FRAPS and Windows Live Movie Maker software.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2015, 11:10:01 PM »
My energy blast/energy manipulation/force mastery blaster hero, Protector teamed with other heroes to battle against Rikti invaders on Talos Island as shown in this video. The play session was recorded on November 30, 2012 just before midnight--when City of Heroes was shut down.

The video was created by using the demo recording capability of CoH along with FRAPS and Windows Live Movie Maker software.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2016, 11:09:45 PM »
For those who never played a demo before, here's how simplified (in Windows XP and 7):
  • Find cityofheroes.exe, rightclick it and create a shortcut to it on your desktop.
  • Rightclick on the new shortcut and in the Target field, after the endquotes, type a space, then a dash, then the word demoplay
Code: [Select]
...cityofheroes.exe" -demoplay
  • Now just download any file that ends in .cohdemo like this one of me in the summer event arena SummerEvent_Flo_Andy_FINAL.cohdemo
  • Now drag the demo file and drop it onto that new shortcut.
  • Sit back and enjoy.
  • P = pause.
  • F2 = camera toggle. Hit F2, fly the camera around manually, hit F2 again and it will zip back to auto. Rinse. Repeat.
  • Escape = exit.
  • FYI - There's no rewind or fast forward in playbacks.
  • Playbacks loop endlessly like a screensaver. You have to exit the current one to playback another one.
  • If you hit Escape and the playback pauses but there's no "are you sure you wanna quit" box, the box is there you're just not seeing it because of your windows settings. Just Hit Enter now and you will still exit demo mode.

More of my demos:

RiktiInvasionRedside_FINAL.zip 1 MB (1,106,105 bytes) Zipped
I modded the camera to circle the event slowly

THEEND01FINAL.cohdemo 5 MB (5,502,560 bytes)
I spent the final few minutes before sunset fighting Rikti in PI on Liberty. Chat is modded to actually display All channels that were recorded but not displaying during playback. Added a villain who joyfully counts down the last few seconds as his plot comes to fruition.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:21:07 AM by Floride »
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men