Author Topic: Hope ya don't mind I xpost this... A Thanks to Pinnacle.  (Read 866 times)

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
Hope ya don't mind I xpost this... A Thanks to Pinnacle.
« on: November 30, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »
Howdy folks. A little long, and I know it's gonna disappear, from the CoH boards, so but I wanted to cross post it somewhere where some of the Pinnacle people might also see.  I hope it's ok, but if it needs to move somewhere, please make whatever you need happen happen.  Thanks much in advance!

---

A couple or so hours ago as I write this, say, 11p CST on Thursday, Nov 29, I think? Chillsea, my Water/Ice/Cold Blaster, dinged 50.

I couldn't have been more happy about things at that moment, but there was still a MLTF to finish up.

Had a little team to also do the Alpha slot mission, which most of my 50s have done.. Hm. I should check to see they all did that. Anyway, thanks to y'all for helpin', as there is no way Chillsea could have made that last mission work.

---

Chillsea was born some time before the Announcement of Doom. She was something like a level 4 or such. Just a small experiment with the Water powers. Kinda nifty, liked the looks, but.. sorta shelved her, as I was working on BH, and ToB. Still, in the back of my mind, I had designs to level her up eventually. Water and Ice looked survivable solo, and helpful in a team... so, yeah. This is a blaster I can get behind. Never liked any of the other Blasters for myself, dunno why...

BH got to 50, ToB was there, and a better fit for the Incarnate trip, and I was furiously figuring out all that stuff thereto... Then Boom. End of Days were upon us.

I had another toon that I wanted to desperately finish before then, so I moved Total Dependent to Pinnacle from Freedom. And proceeded to get that 34 (as she was then) on up to 50. Yay number 7!

Now that was special, because Total Dependent is just.. a mess. In the spirit of Brawling Humiliator, she was a special build. I made her to be completely useless solo, but hopefully helpful in a team. She had only two offensive powers, and those were intentionally gimped for damage. That you put up with that weirdness and allowed me to get her to 50 is... well, Pinnacle rocks is all I can say about that.

And then... a little moping in the vein of "is that all I got? Just roam about? Play the stuff, chat, and... wait?"

Then Chillsea was brought out...

And she was pretty awesome in those lower levels... And I just kept running missions... whenever a team happened she could get in, sure...
Then the teams quit being run... But I plugged away with Chillsea, running the missions... getting in from the ground level with First Ward, then Night Ward... ran through a lot of new-to-me content (again, preoccupied with other characters)...

FINALLY got to 35, and the good TF actions happened. Lots of ITF. Other TFs. Still some missions here and there.

So, basically, in the space of a mere 2 months from start to finish, 'tonight', my 8th 50 came to be. Just under the wire.

And I could not have done it without y'all.

That I had the pleasure of levelling two more characters to 50 in the span of three months is... highly awesome. Sort of a record for me. I don't power level. Well, not in the sense of going all farm, all the time, anyway. I intentionally didn't do Magi farms, for example, with ToB when he could get in. Rubbed me wrong, I guess. But there's no way ToDep or Chillsea happens in the time allotted to me without the support of the Best Damn Server in all of Paragon. Of course, I might be biased on that opinion... But everyone in Paragon knows The Truth when it is spoken.

So thanks, all you Pinnacle people, sincerely and deeply. For this, and for everything else that's gone on in the game with us. Y'all rock, big time, putting up with this weirdo and his peculiar builds... and being ok with that.

Pinnacle Represent!

City of Heroes Forever!

See y'all in game tomorrow morning about 9am-ish CST until Forever* happens.

Mike

Dollhouse

• Boss
  • "What will happen? Will I dream?"
Re: Hope ya don't mind I xpost this... A Thanks to Pinnacle.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 08:40:49 PM »
Several years ago, Pinn became my "second home" in CoH. While I had characters on every server, I'd been largely a Triumph denizen. Founded an RP SG there (that spread to other servers), leveled up my first few 50s, etc. But at one point I became more serious about a couple of characters on Pinnacle, met the Pinnacle Role Play Congress folks...and that began a (somewhat) gradual migration. Pinn became my "main," server-wise.

So many great memories! I developed characters there that became some of my most treasured and beloved...and it's going to be hard as hell deciding which of those I'm going to be logged in with when the Long Dark comes tonight. Probably my relentless little Tanker, Mirka...because it would be just like her to "rage against the dying of the light" to the very end.

But it'll be on Pinnacle...

If we get the game back, great. Beyond great.  But regardless, this was time well spent.

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
Re: Hope ya don't mind I xpost this... A Thanks to Pinnacle.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 03:07:08 AM »
Posting from my tablet, as there is a risk that my computer died before the game it loved so dearly. :(

If I can get on, Pinnacle is where I will stay until the end.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
Re: So what really happened was...
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 08:51:31 AM »
I'm sorry it's long again.  A little catharsis. 

---

So... that whole '9amish CST' thing..? Way didn't happen.

Work decided that regardless of my plans(tm), it was going to completely wreck them. 

Frack.

I didn't get to get on until 4:30pm CST.  Bummer.

I got BH to be a Vig.  I also got ToB to be a Vig.  That worked out nicely.

I ran the Night Ward 4 and 5 arcs.  good stuff, that whole First/Night ward, Enjoyed That.

And basically, did stuff and ran arounda and just stayed on until 1:54am December1... because my client blew up...  NOOO.... Quickly restarted, got in Pinnacle AP 5 with a bunch of peeps. (Where I had been in AP4... oh well.)

And 10 seconds before The End, set off Self Destruct on Brawling Humiliator, easliy my singluarly greatest achievement in character creation, to coincide with the 2am shutdown...

And he blew up real good... right at 2am... And stayed blowed up until 2:04ish CST, when I was "Forcibly disconnected from the server."

:(

There ya go.  Godspeed Pinnacle, and the people who prowled it with me, and helped me along.  Y'all rock. 

---

Now, the hours from 8a to 4p?  Hell.  Pretty much.  Surprised I didn't get actual singeing...

But the work I worked through, and you can bet I'm takin some other day off next week.  But even that wasn't the biggest deal, it was just.. stuff.  A little irritating that it just couldn't wait, but just stuff.

No, THE icing on this hellcake was this:  Either it really was a contstruction debris thing, or someone was intentionally shooting at cars... regardless, my car's rear window was blown out by something.  Shattered to hell.

Yep.  That was the perfect 'Oh, **** you and your day off, houtex.  As if."

Yeah.  I loved life at that moment. Won't be fixed until Monday... which is fine, I'm minimalizing my travels this weekend anyway.  Frack everyone, I'm stayin' home as much as possible.  I'm emotinally numb at the moment.

Anyway.  Hadda share that little bit. 

---

It was fun.  All of it.  Hell, I was grinning right to the end.  I was with my peoples, and I was doin' what I could in the game.  It was glorious.  Night ward arcs, got the last two Vigs in both Brawling Humiliator (which was the end of a round trip, due to his needing to achieve the 'army of me' badge) and Thing of Bigness.  Talked plenty, listened a lot, and blew the F*** up at the end. 

Hehe, I'm grinnning now.  Gonna be tough to replace, so I won't.

CoH Forever.  Pinnacle Represent.

G'night all.  See ya about.

Mike