Author Topic: Thank the media: Hail Mary Edition  (Read 29437 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: Thank the media: Hail Mary Edition
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2012, 01:13:06 PM »
While I know TF Hail Mary's main thrust and effort is on getting physical letters written and sent, would it hurt to open a new "Disney, please let us send you money to play City of Heroes" petition?

Post a link and I'll sign it.  I'll also forward it to all CoH players I know who aren't reading TN forums.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2012, 02:33:05 PM »
We've been sending physical mail pleas for a couple of weeks, now. While I absolutely think we should continue (they're on my Christmas card list :)), is it time to add electronic contact? DI has a Facebook page, but I'm having a little trouble finding a contact email or form. Chalk it up to not having my first cup of coffee, yet.

Alternatively, would there be any benefit to adding worldwide locations to our mailing list, for those of us not residing in the US? Alty Monkey's generous offer notwithstanding, of course. I'm not suggesting we change direction, but perhaps add directions.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2012, 02:52:19 AM »
So where next eh? other than steven colbert i have ran out of ideas.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2012, 03:26:14 AM »
So where next eh? other than steven colbert i have ran out of ideas.
Sci Fi Channel FB
Any MMO type blogger site.
Hell, plonk at the DCUO and CO forums if you feel like it.

As Vikki said in a couple places, it is unlikely that Disney will come to a decision before January.  The Holidays are coming and a large corporation moves slowly.  And it is probably in our favor that they mull it over for a bit anyways.

The best thing that could happen is for people to be discussing it.  The higher our profile, the more Disney has a reason to seriously consider the offer.

Visibility is our best ally. 

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2013, 09:14:43 PM »
Guys and gals,

A lot of these articles that were written in support of our cause can be a very intricate in catching the eyes of potential buyers. 

The more articles there are (and even more responses to each article) only increases our chances of reeling in a new buyer. 

Some of these articles haven't been responded to since DECEMBER! Let's not let this cause dwindle away and allow NCSoft to kill off our wonderful game and community.  So many people are sitting around wishing for CoH/CoV to return but  don't really feel that there is much they can do about it. 

WRONG!!!
***Reply to these articles (all documented by Quinch on the first post) to keep the fire burning and the cause alive! The more activity we showcase, and the more comments we pile up, the greater our chances become! And the less we do, the less chances we have. 

We can all do this guys, and there's no excuse if we really want to save CoH! Let's pull through and all start commenting and spreading the word!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2013, 09:23:48 PM »
Guys and gals,

A lot of these articles that were written in support of our cause can be a very intricate in catching the eyes of potential buyers. 

The more articles there are (and even more responses to each article) only increases our chances of reeling in a new buyer. 

Some of these articles haven't been responded to since DECEMBER! Let's not let this cause dwindle away and allow NCSoft to kill off our wonderful game and community.  So many people are sitting around wishing for CoH/CoV to return but  don't really feel that there is much they can do about it. 

WRONG!!!
***Reply to these articles (all documented by Quinch on the first post) to keep the fire burning and the cause alive! The more activity we showcase, and the more comments we pile up, the greater our chances become! And the less we do, the less chances we have. 

We can all do this guys, and there's no excuse if we really want to save CoH! Let's pull through and all start commenting and spreading the word!

Yup.

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2013, 10:55:08 PM »
Guys and gals,

WRONG!!!

Uhm ... hate to disagree here but I'd like to point out the following:

a. These articles that haven't been responded to since December ... If they were only written in November/December, I don't think it's doing much good to continuously be posting to what's effectively old news.

b. The community has been posting to lots, and lots, and lots of current/recent articles. So, I'm not sure where your sources are coming from, but if you take a look in the City of Heroes section of Titan, you'll see almost every article that has come out over the past few months, and the community's overwhelming response. We're  not sitting back by any means.

c. We need to be strategic, and careful to not just go wildly posting to some article that was written in December, just because. That'll do nothing but garner the opposite of support, if any attention at all, and will really only serve to anger the authors of said articles. We don't want to make enemies out of the press.

d. I think we're doing things on the right track. We're keeping an eye on current news. We're responding to current news. As far as continuously posting to places ... We're reserving that activity for NC's facebook pages :)

my 2 cents

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2013, 07:42:52 AM »
yup. but
Uhm ... hate to disagree here but I'd like to point out the following:

a. These articles that haven't been responded to since December ... If they were only written in November/December, I don't think it's doing much good to continuously be posting to what's effectively old news.

b. The community has been posting to lots, and lots, and lots of current/recent articles. So, I'm not sure where your sources are coming from, but if you take a look in the City of Heroes section of Titan, you'll see almost every article that has come out over the past few months, and the community's overwhelming response. We're  not sitting back by any means.

c. We need to be strategic, and careful to not just go wildly posting to some article that was written in December, just because. That'll do nothing but garner the opposite of support, if any attention at all, and will really only serve to anger the authors of said articles. We don't want to make enemies out of the press.

d. I think we're doing things on the right track. We're keeping an eye on current news. We're responding to current news. As far as continuously posting to places ... We're reserving that activity for NC's facebook pages :)

my 2 cents
yup. but over all not sure if going back to december will help.

One thing I did notice is that there seem to be more support in "fighting" distractors in articles that have been viewed as "give up all hope" by some than ones that are covering things for things that many say they support. I see more comments about COH and how it's gone and stuff on the recent GW1 going into maintence mode than actual show of support of the article that is covering the Plan Z.

As mentioned, all the articles are mostly posted here on this forum, just like the GW1, the nine reason one, the move on ones, and even the plan z one, but seems people are quick to jump on the articles that have not much to do with COX bellowing that COX is missed and there is a plan Z and people dont understand, and there is alot of support for the projects on other articles like the GW1 but remain silent when it's time to actually show that support they speak of on every NCSoft article, and any game articles having to do with closing a mmo, and ncoft facebook while ignoring the articles where a show of force is very proper.

People want them to cover COX and the plans and complain when the articles are not exactly positive and show up in force to express that thought, but here is a plan z article basically ignored. Great way to show appreciation for a media outlet that is showing support.But i'm sure when they write another article about moving on, many people wll flood that article like they did the rest again and wonder why people keep saying move on already, it's dead, there is no bringing it back. We say one thing, but by massively alone, it looks like we dont even support our own stuff, which we should show more support and will be very important when the kickstarter point arrives. If I was outside and knew about the plan Z games in the making from the outside and came across massively, I would think that it's another small game that isnt going anywhere and a buch of hot air as it seems the people that say they support it greatly couldnt even be bothered to leave a comment like they usually do and thus must not be important and thus wouldnt contribute a single dime to it.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2013, 02:58:20 PM »
This has been my impression. We have trailed off in just the simple "thank you" comments that we were pushing for when the thread was originally started over on the Save Paragon side. Most of what I'm seeing is rebutting misconceptions or downright contesting the central thesis of the articles. Most times, it isn't done in a negative way, but we are giving the impression of being more argumentative. Granted, most times, we're not prefacing any comments with "I'm from Titan Network, and..." I don't think I've seen more than half a dozen comment posters even identify themselves as being members here, but this has become the symbolic home for any and all efforts to revive the game, so it comes back on us, even if the poster has no ties to us.

The biggest little thing that we can all do for ourselves is go back to being positive. Every article should be posted so we can all go and say thank you. Even if we disagree, we should be saying thank you. We don't have to agree with everything (or anything) the author has to say for it to still be a lucid, cogent position.

And, to the points raised by Eliot in the latest MMR, is there really as much animosity between the two Plan Z teams? They certainly appear to play nice, here.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »

And, to the points raised by Eliot in the latest MMR, is there really as much animosity between the two Plan Z teams? They certainly appear to play nice, here.

Yeah not much animosity here but on other websites there is like in CO foeum for example and even on the COX channel. On the forum and the cox channel, there is more than just a few that said they don't want anything to do with H&V because of *insert reason dealing with GG * and only support TPP. Some going as far as saying they wish one will fail. Then there is others mostly on the cox channel that blame TPP for the split and support only H&V. And some of discussions are heated. And some say both are pipe dreams and anyone support them is "crazy".

And of course the speculations surrounding how both projects came be.

Remember we are dealing with web and things that are said and reactions to the projects is also taken into account. Here we know its fairly decent here but out there and what people say ya think they at war with each other.

That why showing positive support for these articles because the perception is that its all about cliques and warring with other cliques.

Like how people think anyone that speaks against ncsoft have to be a paid shill when probably 99% of them probably nothing to do with ncsoft. Same concept. When only time cox or save cox or the projects is brought up is in arguementive  confrontational rude manner, then many think that "oh another one of those crazy angry Titan network members jumping down someone else throat again as usual. I hate ncsoft but I don't want mix those guys and get called a paid shill because I think yellow is good color and they like red" when many times its no one associated with titan but many are that rant rave but quiet on the positive stuff. They know who they are and hope they think about the effects of their actions.

We wanted media attention we got it for the projects. Let's act accordingly. Remember that negative PR thing against ncsoft and that talk about pr and negative pr? People forget the rules of pr applies for ustoo. We might be supers but not immune to pr good and bad pr.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »
TPP have always tried to be respectful to all of the various spiritual successor projects - we know exactly how much time, energy and work it takes to be involved on projects of this size.

Our visions may not have matched up, but it doesn't mean we can't respect the effort and work of the other projects. We try to treat them with the respect that we would like people to show us, for what we're trying to achieve.

It's sad (although people being people, perhaps inevitable) to hear that people are still yelling at each other over this. Particularly when the various projects settled their differences and moved on from this some time ago :-/
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2013, 05:11:27 PM »

It's sad (although people being people, perhaps inevitable) to hear that people are still yelling at each other over this. Particularly when the various projects settled their differences and moved on from this some time ago :-/

Exactly.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2013, 12:04:28 AM »
In re-reading the article, it looks like he was aiming his comment more at the community at large than members of either team. I guess I kind of misunderstood that bit, but it is a good point. I'm with Rae: this animosity is sad and more than a little pointless. On the up side, I am glad to not see it really flaring up anywhere on Titan.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2013, 03:21:52 AM »
I could be wrong, but I think the MMO Gaming Universe still knows that we are here as a potential player-base of fans eager to resume our adventures and characters in City of Heroes.  The evil daydreaming side of me would like to hire Clint Eastwood to pry the IP from the cold, dead hand of NCSad, but that is merely my sick fantasy, though bwahaha! it brings me a certain sense of comfort and amusement.  (I believe the technical term is Revenge fantasy.)  Pardon my digression.  Anyway, I feel certain that as long as we are here on Titan, apart from anything else that alone is sufficient to keep us in the consciousness of the Gaming Industry.  Surely some interested parties are sooner or later going to want to acquire the IP from NCSad, though of course when, and who, and for how much, etc. I haven't a clue, since the neighbor's dog ran off with my tin foil hat and both the Magic 8 and crystal ball are hazy.  (But then even the messages in my fortune cookies lately have been vague!  And, yes, much of the preceding is intended as humor, other than Keeping Hope Alive 'cause I do believe in time we  will prevail and have game back.)  Here, maybe one of you will get better results than I do http://www.ask8ball.net/   :P

Re: The Phoenix Project (TPP) and Heroes & Villains (H&V), I am perhaps a remiss fan in not keeping up to date on the progress of either Plan Z project--though I do appreciate the talented CoH Fans who are working diligently to bring us a spiritual successor to our favorite MMORPG.  As I have offered before, I expect one or both of the Plans Z to launch prior to NCSad parting with the IP--that I suspect will require a near complete "regime change" among the executive suits of a formerly mostly well liked and respected game publisher.   It seems to me that both H&V and TPP are doing fine and haven't had more than that initial hiccup or two when discovering the extent of their artistic and/or game design differences.  (Note: It's entirely possible I am not being astute and perhaps turning a purblind eye, but why stir up trouble when there hasn't been any, other than perhaps not getting off to the very best start when it became clear two visions, hence two Plan Z projects and two teams was the way to go?)  Thank you again, CoH fans and Titans, involved both in TPP and H&V!!!!  And Thank You, Rae, and Team Wildcard as well as all the fellow CoH fans here on Titan.   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2013, 01:31:51 AM »
In re-reading the article, it looks like he was aiming his comment more at the community at large than members of either team. I guess I kind of misunderstood that bit, but it is a good point. I'm with Rae: this animosity is sad and more than a little pointless. On the up side, I am glad to not see it really flaring up anywhere on Titan.

If the following is directed towards my above comment, I'd like to clarify.  If not, then please disregard.  :)

I had absolutely no intention of aiming my comment at any team or person... Like dwturducken said, it was meant for our community as a whole to get out there and spread our desire and cause of reviving CoH/CoV.  And like JaguarX said, we should show more support of our own cause.  An inspiring post to get our community (myself included) to put the word out to the public together was my only goal. 

And Tanklet,
yes, there is a great deal of discussion on the titan forums under City of Heroes.  That is great! But not many non CoXers check our forums.  And I realize those articles from my previous message were old, you're right.  But looking deeper, I was expressing my personal belief of the importance of our community pounding new articiles about CoH's close with our comments and support.  I'm not against anyone here, and I'm only doing what I can to help.  I just wanted to express the importance of our support TOGETHER in these articles.  Otherwise it's as if we don't even care about our own cause.  Just wanted to clear things up.