Author Topic: Call to Action! Team Wildcard needs YOU! TF Hail Mary LFM  (Read 177232 times)

Randomvector

• Lieutenant
Re: Call to Action! Team Wildcard needs YOU! TF Hail Mary LFM
« Reply #360 on: December 03, 2012, 09:17:47 PM »
I trust this team. I trust that they are doing what they think is right. I trust that they have given their word to not share information.

Would I like to know that information? Of course! But if they were blabbing it all around it would mean they are not worthy of trust.

I have not been able to write letters yet. Every time I try I just become overwhelmed with emotion.
I am hoping to do so in the next week.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #361 on: December 03, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »
If you suggest Kumbyah I will pearsonally reach through this computer and slap you silly.... :P

I know three chords, and I'm not afraid to use them ;)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #362 on: December 03, 2012, 10:38:05 PM »
Facepalms with Lily: Guys (Girls): We have one common goal: save our beloved City! Fighting among ourselves won't help that goal.

Please stop it ....

Flag on the play! Illegal use of colons! Write one extra letter. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #363 on: December 03, 2012, 10:57:09 PM »
Flag on the play! Illegal use of colons! Write one extra letter. :)

Shows what a writer I am ... NOT, but I will take you on. Extra letter to Disney going out!
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #364 on: December 03, 2012, 10:58:27 PM »
Shows what a writer I am ... NOT, but I will take you on. Extra letter to Disney going out!

Fair point. That call might backfire...   :o
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #365 on: December 03, 2012, 11:01:16 PM »
Are grammar calls subject to instant replay?
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #366 on: December 03, 2012, 11:58:40 PM »
I don't believe that's been tested.

Ceremonius

• Lieutenant
  • Here we are now! Entertain us! ~Nirvana
« Reply #367 on: December 04, 2012, 12:39:29 AM »
Hello and sorry for crawling out of the shadows now.

Short intro of myself:
My name is Ceremonius. I played our beloved game since it's release (it came somewhat later here in germany).
Also I was once a S-Mod of a big german CoH Fansite (if it was the biggest - dunno ).
It was called Cohmpendium - some of you might remember. Well fact is I was reading this thread since page 4 started, but kept myself back to evaluate things. By now I also mentioned the whole idea at our facebook group (after closure of the cohmpendium, we wanted to stay in touch).

But just now I have another question:

Have some of you folks gone sort of mad?
There people who are willing to try to save the game.you love. They give you advices on how you could.do.this for free. They won't gain anything if it fails nor if it hits. They do this because they feel like this. Due their courage an international playerbase gathers and fights for their passion.

That's pretty normal and always has been. There is always the natural leader type or a person who is mostly.in charge with stuff. They don't want anything from you. Just write a simple letter for you own sake. So why not trusting these people? Okay, I haven't written a letter myself, but spread the word among the german veteran fanbase. At least it is something I did. Even if it doesn't do much, it still brings hope.

And for the religious stuff: Even I know a Hail Mary. We are in times of hollywood, internet, senseless tv spots. Can't believe someone wouldn't have heard this phrase.

But to get back to the topic:
Dear Team and to every user who signed a petition, who spread the word, or who wrote a card.

Thank you for trying to save the game I recall as my save haven for so long.

Greetings from germany,
Ceremonius

(Sorry for typos. I wrote that reply at late night on my mobile)
No Guts, No Glory! No Pain, No Gain!
One for all, all for one; Riders on the range!
No Guts, No Glory! We're taking a stand!
Ready to prove it again!
~Galaxy Rangers

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #368 on: December 04, 2012, 12:58:57 AM »
OK Everyone! I sent a Letter to Each person! Two pages each and custom for that person!
In a large flat envelope that cost me a dollar each....These are those BIG Thick ones and the papers just slide right in.

I also Tapped THIS to the front of it.

[img]http://www.getmewriting.com/wp-content/uploads/SaveCOH_Blue_Square.jpg[img]

A Pretty Big Sized one of those in front so to make it more noticeable.
Cost me a total of around $10.00 to buy the envelopes and get everything shipped off so its like I bought VIP in a way lol....wait...wasn't that 15?

oh well you get it.

IronSkull

• Underling
« Reply #369 on: December 04, 2012, 01:04:20 AM »
Newish to titan. Old to CoH.
Been lurking since September. Only reason I didn't cry the first weekend was cause I was at Dragoncon and that helped me stay mildly sane.
I fully support Disney buying CoH, I don't think they'll mess it up as they have improved on their treatment to various properties lately. I spent much of the morning this past saturday watching disney channel, cause frankly nothing else was on, but a lot of their advertisements featured various thoughts I got from CoH.
Make your mark.
Be Yourself.
Let Your Imagination Shine.

And many other cheesy lines... Lines that I will include in my letter to them this week.
Thank you for taking the time to read this if you did.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #370 on: December 04, 2012, 01:59:34 AM »
No.

No temper tantrums, no name calling, no assumption of privilege because you have the title "Project Coordinator" under your name is going to get what you want.

No threatening to withhold your letter is going to get what you want.

No.

What part of that are you having trouble comprehending?

We are dealing with a multi BILLION dollar company.  So far all we know about YOU, Riff, is that you have a title under your name on the Titan Boards.  I don't know how you got that title.  I don't know what you do.  I don't know if you are trustworthy.  I don't know if you are going to go straight to someone else with the pitch and use it there while we are, at the same time, trying to interest Disney.  Trust goes both ways, and so far, you have shown yourself to be monumentally untrustworthy. 

So.

No.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
« Reply #371 on: December 04, 2012, 02:35:57 AM »

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #372 on: December 04, 2012, 02:46:14 AM »
Quick question for letter writing clarification.

It's been said (couldn't find the quote fast enough, so I'm just paraphrasing) that we need to keep up the pressure.  What does this mean please?

I've written 4 letters with lots of heartfelt stuff in 'em.   I waited a few days and sent postcards (homemade Avery 8386, with screenshots of my main toon in various places or zone splash screens) with basically just a handwritten "I love CoH. This is a screenshot of Blah-de-Blah.  Wish I was still able to go there. Thanks for listening." 

Shall I wait a few more days and send another set of postcards? Should I send another round of letters? I have gotten a few people to send in postcards that say "my friend played CoH and loved it...." Is this what I should be doing - asking more friends to send cards?

Just asking for a little guidance. I don't want to sour the milk by sending too much myself, but I want to do all that I can possibly do to help.

thanks
/em holdtorch

Dynastys Sweeper

• Underling
« Reply #373 on: December 04, 2012, 02:57:51 AM »
I fully "trust" this team and appreciate the efforts that they have put forth to date and moving forward.  I do not personally "know" any of you; however, I feel that the task at hand warrants our trust and support as a gaming community.  We all have one goal in mind here.  Please remember that. Hope to see you all soon.

when we did a task force in City did we ever know anyone who joined?? that's what i liked about your comment no matter what even tho we are off the game we still have this wounderful community =D and when we run that task force we gotta trust everyone they will do there job. hope to see you soon to r00tb0ySlim

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #374 on: December 04, 2012, 03:05:33 AM »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #375 on: December 04, 2012, 03:26:55 AM »
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:45:31 AM by Victoria Victrix »
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #376 on: December 04, 2012, 03:31:57 AM »
Quick question for letter writing clarification.

It's been said (couldn't find the quote fast enough, so I'm just paraphrasing) that we need to keep up the pressure.  What does this mean please?

I've written 4 letters with lots of heartfelt stuff in 'em.   I waited a few days and sent postcards (homemade Avery 8386, with screenshots of my main toon in various places or zone splash screens) with basically just a handwritten "I love CoH. This is a screenshot of Blah-de-Blah.  Wish I was still able to go there. Thanks for listening." 

Shall I wait a few more days and send another set of postcards? Should I send another round of letters? I have gotten a few people to send in postcards that say "my friend played CoH and loved it...." Is this what I should be doing - asking more friends to send cards?

Just asking for a little guidance. I don't want to sour the milk by sending too much myself, but I want to do all that I can possibly do to help.

thanks

Here's the long answer: 

When enough tonnage starts to come in, if we are not talking about a petition, what generally happens is that some poor long-suffering intern gets to sort through the mail coming in about a particular subject.  Said intern rarely can remember his cousin's name, much less yours.  What s/he will be doing is categorizing and culling out particularly interesting pieces of mail.  Form letters go at the bottom of the "interesting" pile, handwritten, interesting, or letters with interesting enclosures go at the top.  An assistant looks at the most interesting.  Some will be selected to go to the executive assistant and a very few will go to the executive himself. 

Here's the short answer:

The guys in the mail room won't know you have sent stuff before.  Keep sending.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #377 on: December 04, 2012, 03:35:14 AM »

Here's the short answer:

The guys in the mail room won't know you have sent stuff before.  Keep sending.

w00t! Thanks VV!
/em holdtorch

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #378 on: December 04, 2012, 03:58:29 AM »
You know, for a good answer on what generally is in the pitch package (and who we are), all a non-lazy person would have to do would be to look for the press release.

Why look, here's one now.

http://lorehound.com/news/when-rejected-the-savecoh-campaign-looks-for-another/

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #379 on: December 04, 2012, 05:21:22 AM »
Well our family package is finally done.  Lots of pictures- a different screenshot for each executive, they all are getting pictures of our Statesmouse and our family Disney toys asking them to #SaveCoH. Hand written letters by my daughter and I.  It all took a lot longer to put together than I thought it would, but I hope it makes a difference. Letters will also be coming from the husband. He's still working on what he will include, but will likely also make it out tomorrow or maybe the next day. We really miss playing with our daughter. =(