Author Topic: Call to Action! Team Wildcard needs YOU! TF Hail Mary LFM  (Read 177220 times)

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
Re: Call to Action! Team Wildcard needs YOU! TF Hail Mary LFM
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2012, 01:06:53 PM »
Please switch the light on over my head: Didn't they have just bought Marvel? So what do they want with City of Heroes? Is there really a chance?  ???

Hmm... I want a City of Heroes Cartoon...  :P

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2012, 01:19:29 PM »
Hail Heroteers!

I have not only lent a helping hand, eye, and resolution but now adorn a pair of Mouse Ears (borrowed from my Grandpa's stash when we went there last!) You always bring out the best in me and surprise me with the new angles, so Mercerdes this bard has sung a song of the most beautiful kind which was sealed, signed, and delivered to the Mouse addresses. I've sent publishers, article writers, and Internet Celebs alike all the information and contacts for Disney. Maybe they'll chip in and help the cause by sending their own letters to whom it may concern!

You've given the direction and I followed!

Fancy be the Wilds,
Fansy

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2012, 01:20:51 PM »
Thanks so much for the hard work you have put in Team Wildcard. I'm going out now to buy stamps - UK here so don't have any lying around. Will also put the word around as much as i can.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2012, 01:32:06 PM »
I don't really want Jedi in my CoH, but I will deal with it if it lets us keep the game, and provides the posibility of CoH2.

Considering the ability to emulate jedi as well as pretty much make Darth Maul already (staff, wp, electric mastery brute dressed up), meh ( ' ;  Same goes for the Marvel characters, which alone could be huge if the restriction on that IP were lifted.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2012, 01:47:03 PM »
 I would like to point out that a major selling point connected to the article that VV gave to Korea is that our American market is graying. Why is this important to Disney? We are the people who grew up with Disney and we are the ones who will be spending the MONEY with Disney.. Those kids dont have jobs.. those younger people tend not to have amassed as much disposable income..

I am already a consumer with a two year old son. Disney saves CoH ?? where do you think Im going to spend my money ??

Maybe not as blunt as that.. but thats the general gist..

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2012, 01:56:23 PM »
An inspired notion indeed! :)

I remember Mentalshock's thread suggesting this idea at the end of October, and thinking "it would take some crazy creative minds to put that kind of pitch together!"

Fortunately Titan Network is fuller with crazy creative minds than a Crey laboratory run by Vernon Von Grun ;D

Disney has always been the custodian of dreams, so if there's one group I'd expect to be able to take CoH and keep that dream safe, it's Disney. There's also a hidden plus here in that there's only really been 4 Superhero "names" in online games - Marvel, DC, Champions, and CoH. By acquiring CoH on top of Marvel, Disney would own half of the entire currently active western online superhero culture...that's pretty tasty I'd say.

I'd also like to add this little thought that popped into my head ;)

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2012, 02:03:44 PM »
I love you guys SO much right now, I can't begin to tell you.  :'(
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2012, 02:07:11 PM »
Conspiracy Theory:

Black Pebble has been manipulating us from the shadows in order to bring this about all along.

Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Pyro Embryo

• Underling
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2012, 02:07:34 PM »
I think writing letters is the least we could do. We did a capes/masks project that we sent to NCSoft. Why shouldn't we do as much if not more for for Disney? Heck, why not go out and get Micky and Minny dolls and dress them up as heroes with capes and costumes and send them? They want us to express that we have money to spend, let's spend it! ROLL THE DICE!

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »
Um between when I started typing this last night and when I woke up this morning there were 42 other replies so if this has been covered sorry.

Two other thoughts occur to me.  Disney owns marvel but universal owns the perpetual theme park rights to marvel I think I remember it being west of the Mississippi....rights that were exchanged before Disney aquired Marvel.

What does this mean for us?  Disney has no super heroes to promote at Disney World, Universal does, and uses them on Super Hero Island which is composed of Marvel IP.

So should this aspect be emphasized to Disney?  Is there another Disney head we should add to the list?  Should we also be approaching Universal if Disney fails or even at the same time (a bidding war between the two does not seem useful)?

I know Disney tried a pretty ill-conceived use of heroes in one of the communicores fairly recently(yes I know they renamed them years ago I don't remember the new name and my family still calls them communicores) focused on health and fitness in a rather negative way toward obesity and there was a backlash.  We are offering them real family friendly heroes that could be used in something functional ;)

Overall this is a fantastic and amazing idea and I am doing what I can to raise awareness and hope.

"We are Heroes and THIS is what we do, We fight for our world in the blue" from my song
and I guess this is the new one...lol
 "Who's the leader of the band that fights for you and me C.i.t.y.o.f.h.e.r.o.s."
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 02:54:04 PM by QuantumHero »
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

MajorDurand

• Underling
    • Cats, Archaeology and Mayem
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »
Count me in! I grew up with Disney; from the original Mickey Mouse Club (Yes, I am THAT old. LOL) to the Wonderful World of Color all the way up to the more recent offerings like the Incredibles. I'll be working on my own letters with that in mind and have already passed this info on to others .

Thanks for the hard work, Wild Cards! I'll do my bit. /em militarysalute

Hakkusshon

• Underling
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2012, 02:16:55 PM »
If Disney saves CoH, I don't care how much the fans and critics hate the new Star Wars movies. I'll buy two tickets to each movie... ever week it's showing. If Disney saves CoH, I'll stop complaining about how the Blu-Ray Complete Saga doesn't have the completed scenes that were in other DVDs. If Disney saves CoH, I'll relax my restriction on my children from seeing any Disney Princess stuff until they're 6... to 5 (I'm going to read the original Hans Christian Anderson to them first). If Disney saves CoH, I'll only watch Dreamworks movies at matinee or bargain ticket prices. If Disney saves CoH...

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2012, 02:33:16 PM »
Soo.... this is what Stage Two is? Not impressed tbh... already hundreds if not thousands of letters, posts and e-mails have been sent everywhere since 1st September, with no reaction at all... what makes you think there might be something different this time? I do really hope so, I'll spread word in my FB groups and global friends anyway.
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

Surelle

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2012, 02:40:32 PM »
Conspiracy Theory:

Black Pebble has been manipulating us from the shadows in order to bring this about all along.

Haha!  Now that gave me the first belly laugh of the morning, so thank you very much for that!

And thanks to the entirety of Team Wildcard;  today is my day off so it's perfect timing for typing up those letters and mailing them off.

And even if this doesn't help, I'm very glad to hear that we're going to keep targeting others (another Valve pitch if they haven't been shunned by NCSoft too badly?) and will have the incredible documentation to do it with already in hand, with minor tweaking.

And if nothing else, remember that those two Paragon Studios management personnel (Brian and maybe Melissa or Matt?) will have our relentless determination to take to heart, that the last ten years of their lives were not all for naught.  As hard as this has hit us, it has hit them so much harder.  And this is also one more hug for them. 

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2012, 02:52:02 PM »
To all worried about seeing XYZ Disney Product in CoH, remember that any crossover stuff is more likely to be CoH stuff in other Disney properties, not Disney properties showing up in CoH. Aladdin didn't have ABC advertisements hidden throughout, and the Incredibles didn't feature 101 Dalmations. Disney tends to reserve crossovers for commercials on the Disney Channel, for fun skit things like the House of Mouse, and for crossover-dedicated spaces like Kingdom Hearts. They don't inject Disney IP into everything they own.

In the old wedding saying: you're not losing CoH to dilution with other IP; you're gaining other IP spaces in which to see CoH.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2012, 02:55:37 PM »
Soo.... this is what Stage Two is? Not impressed tbh... already hundreds if not thousands of letters, posts and e-mails have been sent everywhere since 1st September, with no reaction at all... what makes you think there might be something different this time? I do really hope so, I'll spread word in my FB groups and global friends anyway.

To my knowledge, the only Titan-backed campaign was letters to NC Soft asking them not to close the game, who did, eventually respond, to tell us to go away.
This is the first co-ordinated attempt to contact one business and ask them to try to buy the game/IP from NC Soft - something which hasn't been tried before.

Obviously, we know that asking someone to buy COH doesn't guarantee that they will, but if we can back up the pitch that was sent to them - a hefty 31 pages saying how great the game is, how it's helped people, and why they should buy it - with proof that enough people WANT it saved, want to keep playing and would support Disney in doing so, in theory they will at least sit up and take notice of what we've sent them.

If they take notice, they may consider buying it.

If they consider buying it, they may actually end up buying it. Is it a tiny, tiny, tiny chance? Yes. Of course it is.

Is a tiny, tiny, tiny chance better than no chance at all?

I think so.

Honestly, what's the worst that can happen? They can turn around, thank us for their interest but say it's not for them. They can ignore us. Either way, we won't be in a position that's any worse than the one we're in now. (Well, except for Team Wildcard, who are probably down a few braincells, and VV who is down at least $50 for postage and paper and ink..)

AND we've got a super-awesome sales pitch that we can send to other studios/businesses if Disney aren't interested.

AND a second and possibly-third studio we can approach, later down the road.

But of course, if you have other ideas on things we could be doing, we'd love to hear them - all contributions are gratefully received :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 03:15:29 PM by rae »
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »
It's a really good idea, as far as I'm concerned!  :]

I feel I should point out, though, that Disney -did-, according to the vast majority of fans, drop the ball HARD with the Power Rangers franchise; they had it from Wild Force through R.P.M.[and an ill-conceived 'redux' of MMPR in 2010] with only SPD, Dino Thunder, and R.P.M. really standing out[Saban has since retaken ownership back, and is preparing to launch MegaForce after the success of Samurai/SuperSamurai].

CoH -could- be sold as another chance to get superheroes 'right', Marvel nowithstanding....  :]

Rienuaa

• Minion
  • Lord Omi - Virtue
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2012, 03:16:52 PM »
On it.

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2012, 03:27:57 PM »
Umm, I know it's a long shot, and I'm all for CoH being revived in any fashion... But would Disney even give the icons of Paragon City and the Rouge Isles a bat of an eye when they already house Marvel?

Sure, I'd love to see Paragon City and Marvel under the same banner, or even a crossover, but I'm just not sure... Just my 2 cents.

Nonetheless, I'm here to help with this Call to Action.
- Omega Mk. V

Wolfram

• Underling
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2012, 03:34:30 PM »
Time to get my typin' fingers on.