Author Topic: One more effort to save City of Heroes...  (Read 3574 times)

Blithwulf

• Underling
One more effort to save City of Heroes...
« on: November 09, 2012, 07:29:03 PM »
I have attempted to contact a couple of the protest leaders, but have not met with any responses. However, my contact has approved getting the word out on this.

A good friend of mine and I have made contact with an investor, who is very eager to help save CoH. Despite not hearing back from folks I've tried to contact through PM, he is now in contact with Mercedes Lackey on this, and is planning on making a direct and very significant offer to NCSoft, in person at their home office, to secure the CoH IP.

I will keep you posted as I learn more on the developments.

John
@Blithwulf

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
Re: One more effort to save City of Heroes...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 07:30:39 PM »
As I am the writer of the Voices effort, I would appreciate any and all information you could provide about this.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 07:45:27 PM »
I hope you have much success.

I know I have to explain to my grand daughter every day why they want to close the game.
She asked me again last night - why are they closing this - don't they know how much fun this is?

What can I say to her? NCSoft gave us no explaination for their actions aside from vague corporate speak. If it was a money issue I could say - I am sorry honey but not enough people love the game to play it any more. So it is losing money and they can't keep it running. This was however not the truth - so I am stuck with telling her, no honey the people who OWN the game don't even understand how much fun it is to fly or super jump.

She is as baffled as we are as to why we are losing our world. Last night she also asked me what do we play after this closes? I nearly choked up again as she said - what do WE play - meaning everyone in the game. I was left at a loss, I explained we will likely play Left for Dead 2 for a while and see if the game is saved. She even asked if I won the lottery would I buy the game - I told her I would absolutely try. Going over now to buy a ticket.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 08:03:24 PM »
Godspeed, Blithwulf. Fingers crossed for you.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 09:37:12 PM »
Goodluck John! Hopefully they'll share the same definition of "significant" and your friend will be able to strike a deal with them!

Randomvector

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 10:30:22 PM »
Post what happen. Hope this is not a forlorn hope.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 10:57:18 PM »
Man, good job on that.

And this time try to get the numbers of what is actually offered if you can and goes on with the process. At least it will show solid evidence of a "reasonable" offer being made. And if possible who and or what company.

All these  "I heard from someone that I know that know this guy that runs a tire shop who's daughter goes to school with this guy that owns a computer that used to belong to this girl that dated this rockstar that knows this guy that knows this buisness guy that knows a Korean who knows a Russian that knows a Cuban that heard from a Canadian girl that the offer was 20 million." type stuff.  8)

If you cant for what ever reason, no biggie.  The main focus is continuing the cause either way.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 10:58:30 PM »
Godspeed, Blith.  Please keep us informed to whatever degree you're legally allowed to as the negotiations (or lack thereof) progress, won't you?

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 11:08:26 PM »
Man, good job on that.

And this time try to get the numbers of what is actually offered if you can and goes on with the process. At least it will show solid evidence of a "reasonable" offer being made. And if possible who and or what company.

I wouldn't put it past them to make people sign an agreement not to talk about the propositioning in any way to hide the obscene amount of money they ask for or the fact that they refuse any offer. Or they are really not talking to anyone. Anyway, I wish the mystery investor, you and Mercedes all the luck in the world.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 11:17:40 PM »
Best of luck

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 11:38:49 PM »
Best wishes to you and your friend--and all of us--in this.  The fate of this game is certainly in, at least, my prayers, and I'd wager those of others.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 11:59:20 PM »
I wouldn't put it past them to make people sign an agreement not to talk about the propositioning in any way to hide the obscene amount of money they ask for or the fact that they refuse any offer. Or they are really not talking to anyone. Anyway, I wish the mystery investor, you and Mercedes all the luck in the world.

yeah probably going to happen.

They should make a KBB for MMO games. lol.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 12:09:32 AM »

I wish you as much luck and divine intervention as possible.

Please, oh please....

Keeping CoH would be the BEST b-day present EVER!!! (my b-day is Dec. 2nd)

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 01:10:43 AM »
Favorable statistical variance be with you.
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 01:19:03 AM »
But, if this doesn't pan out, we can add one more data point to the file against NCSoft.

I would prefer positive news on this.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 01:28:19 AM »
No potential investor has been in contact with me. 

I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 01:43:26 AM »
I suspected as such.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 01:59:00 AM »
No potential investor has been in contact with me.

And that ends that.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 02:02:03 AM »
* DrakeGrimm hefts axe

Time to go unicorn hunting.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 02:03:36 AM »
yeah with only one post something smelled Unicornish.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!