Author Topic: Are we going to hear from Brian Clayton. Positron, War Witch soon ??  (Read 23524 times)

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
Re: Are we going to hear from Brian Clayton. Positron, War Witch soon ??
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2012, 12:34:10 AM »
Personally, I would be very happy if CoH is saved, but once NCSoft coughed up refunds and given their track record I would say the game has two chances of being saved, slim and none.

However, I as a very loyal and paying customer with spare disposable income will give a final parting gift to NCSoft and Nexon, voting with my wallet and never buying their stuff again. Even if the game is saved, if you have logged on recently, you can see the damage that has been done.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2012, 01:50:08 AM »
 I think we have made our case and I think its only going to get worse for NC Soft.. however what the community needs to know is exactly what the chief developers and those that are the key players are going to do. That is very very important especially considering the loyalty and love the community has for the Dev Team. That announcement that NC Soft made saying they did all they could do ( which we all know is a flat out LIE ) did take a lot of steam out of people...

It gave a feeling of inevitability..we need to offset that with some GOOD news..
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 02:20:58 AM by HEATSTROKE »

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2012, 02:21:14 AM »
Just bolding one part, because the way in which I have read what you typed is the announcement from the developers...  not sure if that is what you meant, or if you are referring to an announcement from NCsoft...

corrected for clarity.. Thanks

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2012, 03:50:16 AM »
I thought I read something that implied some of Paragon's NDA would get lifted on Nov 1st. Anyone else remember this or am I just going nuts?

Olantern

• Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2012, 03:55:35 AM »
I thought I read something that implied some of Paragon's NDA would get lifted on Nov 1st. Anyone else remember this or am I just going nuts?

I remember that as well, but as I said a couple of pages ago, just because they can talk now doesn't mean they must.  There may not be that much more to tell they they haven't revealed already, at least, not that's appropriate to publicize.  They have revealed some information recently, such as essentially confirming that NCSoft showed no interest in actually letting go of the IP.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2012, 03:48:52 PM »
i dont think i could play STO because its too PVP oriented (i LOVED CoH for the fact that it was NOT focused towards PVP at all)

...What??? PvP in STO is so ridiculously marginalized, by devs and players alike, that I really can't understand what you're talking about. You have to enter one of two zones, or enter a queue to PvP. Those are the only options, and they're pretty easy to ignore.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2012, 08:06:30 PM »
I've played STO up until Black Friday, and I can confirm PVP is dead there.

Zedrik

• Underling
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »
I've played STO up until Black Friday, and I can confirm PVP is dead there.
99% of PvP is actually people farming dilithium.   8)

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2012, 01:45:28 AM »
hmm, well if the pvp is dead there i think the only 2 things stopping me from playing it is if its not f2p i dont want to pay for it, and im not huge into star trek (i would actually be more inclined to try the old republic, but from what ive heard that game is more pvp focused)

im also not interested if its grindy in any way

JetFlash

• Boss
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2012, 04:39:54 AM »
STO is definitely F2P.

As to whether it is grindy... YMMV but in my opinion it is not.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2012, 07:03:00 AM »
hmm, well if the pvp is dead there i think the only 2 things stopping me from playing it is if its not f2p i dont want to pay for it, and im not huge into star trek (i would actually be more inclined to try the old republic, but from what ive heard that game is more pvp focused)

im also not interested if its grindy in any way

Star Wars is not quite f2p, and life after 50 is nothing but a grind. The game it's very fun to play up until 50, though, and not grindy before then.

You don't have to pvp at all in it, either. I never do. There is a lot of pvp content, but you can totally skip it on  a pve or rp server.

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2012, 05:56:49 PM »
Less all out lies and more like double talk.  Think Politician more used car salesman.

Or to put it in a way that's less 'malevolent', think of a bunch of school girls who are trying to (at least pretend to) be nice to one another and want to stay together as a group.  They all want to tell Debbie that the dress she's wearing is awful and that it makes her butt look huge, but they don't to make Debbie cry or leave the group.  So they hint in roundabout ways: the color is off, the pattern is a little wrong for her, maybe that the cut isn't quite right.  Everyone, including Debbie, is supposed to know that what everyone is really thinking despite what they are saying.  The problem arises however when they try that tactic and Debbie fails to get the subtext or if they try that tactic with someone who doesn't use the same mode of communication.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2012, 10:08:26 PM »
Or to put it in a way that's less 'malevolent', think of a bunch of school girls who are trying to (at least pretend to) be nice to one another and want to stay together as a group.  They all want to tell Debbie that the dress she's wearing is awful and that it makes her butt look huge, but they don't to make Debbie cry or leave the group.  So they hint in roundabout ways: the color is off, the pattern is a little wrong for her, maybe that the cut isn't quite right.  Everyone, including Debbie, is supposed to know that what everyone is really thinking despite what they are saying.  The problem arises however when they try that tactic and Debbie fails to get the subtext or if they try that tactic with someone who doesn't use the same mode of communication.

Good analogy except its more that they are telling Debbie that the thing "wrong" with her is her race, religion, culture, core values, her favorite subject in school, the person she likes, that she likes wearing dresses/pant suits...or that she exists  :(
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2012, 01:54:20 PM »
 Weeks later.. still no word at all to the community from the Upper Management People from the former Paragon Studios. No recent update from Tony V.. none... You cant expect people to keep fighting forever with no encouragement at all. Im sorry I have serious issue with that. We keep hearing stuff like.. the response from the community took NC Soft off guard.. AND ???? what was the result of that ??... People need to get some info from the powers that be so to speak...

Surelle

« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2012, 02:01:51 PM »
I suspect at this point there is just nothing else to tell.  Just because we desperately want a happy ending doesn't mean there will ever be one.

As far as Melissa Bianco, Matt Miller, etc., people that high up on the food chain are going to have trouble finding comparable jobs somewhere else.  They were working on CoH for over/just under a decade.  Even Matt said people usually get promoted into his job, not hired from outside to do it. 

Kickstarter funding doesn't just go up with the snap of your fingers, and PS got totally blindsided besides.  I would imagine that most of their time was initially spent trying to save their baby, and only when that fell through for the final time (with NC's newest "NO WAY JOSE' SO SHUT UP NOW ONCE AND FOR ALL, PEEPS" announcement) would they even  begin to think about licensing/building a new engine, and perhaps starting a new game. 

I really wouldn't expect to hear anything until next year sometime about any sort of potential new game, if anything is able to happen at all.  And much as I admire the heartfelt attempts at Titan City by the player base, I seriously doubt someone like Matt or Melissa is going to get involved in something where they can't even hire or control those working on it.  I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that one.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »
I thought I heard something about Posi taking the family on vacation. I might be wrong. But in any case, I'd say that the silence is not a sign of defeat or concession but something a bit more interesting.

How interesting? Well, that is where my gypsy fortune telling skills fall short.

The former Paragonners could just be taking some very well deserved time off before diving into their next great whatever. They deserve it.

Meanwhile, the news keeps spreading and some surprising allies have emerged. The war has not stopped. We're just in a maneuver phase.The biggest advantage we have is that our opponent is really out of options.

As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2012, 09:03:32 PM »
I see black pebble now has
Today: Product Marketing Manager for Epic Games. Yesterday: Ex-Marketing Guy on City of Heroes.
on his twitter.

Jordan_Lee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2012, 12:51:23 AM »

Kickstarter funding doesn't just go up with the snap of your fingers, and PS got totally blindsided besides.  I would imagine that most of their time was initially spent trying to save their baby, and only when that fell through for the final time (with NC's newest "NO WAY JOSE' SO SHUT UP NOW ONCE AND FOR ALL, PEEPS" announcement) would they even  begin to think about licensing/building a new engine, and perhaps starting a new game. 

NC had a new announcement?

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2012, 04:45:54 PM »
I see black pebble now has  on his twitter.

If correct, and I'll  hope that it is, Congratulations to Black Peeble on securing new employment!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine