Author Topic: How is posting a screen shot of real battles a violation?  (Read 1900 times)

Avenger Man

• Minion
How is posting a screen shot of real battles a violation?
« on: October 30, 2012, 06:12:51 AM »
I am curious why my thread is locked.It is a element of the game.It is a real moment captured in Recluse Victory..There is no profanity,there is no spamming.There is no threats other than in a playful manner.That is the true nature of PVP in COH.You would think that this website that claims to represent all of what COH is and was would let there be TRUE Freedom with regards to what is Truly happening in the game.Specifically the true nature of PVP.Censorship and changing a thread or stopping anyone able to reply to said thread is just a fail.You do not like that toons or people that you claim as friends get defeated by a certain toon so you censor reality? I have no ill will toward the people I play against, in fact just the opposite. I have been defeated before..If anyone posted images of it would not offend me or make me insecure. In fact just the opposite. COH is going to become a part of history.These images verify that these people were there.Yes,you are the moderator,but to censor an actual moment that occured in the game is wrong.If these people do not want their pic taken perhaps they should not have entered Recluse Victory in the first place.Many of the pics I have posted are of longtime friends that I have fought in RV over the years.Take Twig for example.She knew her pic was being posted and couldcare less..As she said "I dont care about the pic Friction you know how many times I have beaten you too"..and she is correct.I think that once you start censoring material and changing actual history because it makes you un comfortable for reasons that are personal to you is a dis service to this website and the memory of what COH is and was.
Respectfully Avenger Man

P.S. Destan's Fury was smack talking so he was sent to the hospital by Mr Friction..Destan's Fury had a bad day ;D

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:23:35 AM by Avenger Man »

avelworldcreator

• Elite Boss
  • Missing Worlds Media co-founder/senior developer.
    • Basketcase Software
Re: How is posting a screen shot of real battles a violation?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 06:39:57 AM »
That wasn't the violation if I recall the thread right. I think it was because someone made a comment that might have started a flame war and the moderator preemptively locked it. Your contributions of in-game screen shots were/are just fine.
Missing World Media primary co-founder, senior developer, UI/UX acting lead, and software toolsmith.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 03:33:46 PM »
The thread was degrading into a flame war and posts were being reported (not by anyone posting in the thread).

Frankly, I'm pretty sure there's a place more appropriate for bragging about PvP kills on the official boards.  But as long as we don't start seeing more moderator reports coming from this thread, I don't particularly care if you keep it in here.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Avenger Man

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 06:34:00 PM »
Ok,the original thread was just made in jest to give a ribbing to my buddies in RV..I did not exspect an outside character to become intimidated or offended by our regular PVP banter(Which to the outside world of PVP may seem rather harsh I am sure) It was just meant in fun and not in harm..
Cheers
Avenger Man

avelworldcreator

• Elite Boss
    • Basketcase Software
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 06:38:45 PM »
Ok,the original thread was just made in jest to give a ribbing to my buddies in RV..I did not exspect an outside character to become intimidated or offended by our regular PVP banter(Which to the outside world of PVP may seem rather harsh I am sure) It was just meant in fun and not in harm..
Cheers
Avenger Man

Agreed. Your posting here are still quite welcome and it obvious (to me at least) that no improper intent was part of your postings. These boards are (in part) to have fun with the game - while it still exists - and PvP banter has its place. I don't know if there is a PvP section on these boards as I'm not a regular poster in the General Discussion (I'm dealing with the sunset stuff), but you might seek such out for your postings if such exists.
Missing World Media primary co-founder, senior developer, UI/UX acting lead, and software toolsmith.

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 03:39:27 AM »
Ok,the original thread was just made in jest to give a ribbing to my buddies in RV..I did not exspect an outside character to become intimidated

Intimidated?  You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means, as it's crystal-clear nobody was intimidated.

avelworldcreator

• Elite Boss
    • Basketcase Software
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 03:55:08 AM »
Intimidated?  You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means, as it's crystal-clear nobody was intimidated.

The use of the specific word in question may be slightly improper but such a response to it is definitely accusatory and contrary to forum guidelines. Please amend your previous post to a more civil tone.