Author Topic: Video - Oblivion's Edge (Draft version)  (Read 5521 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Video - Oblivion's Edge (Draft version)
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 04:37:09 PM »
I don't have any helpful critique for you right now... other than to say that it is awesome.
I am so happy to see the extent that you've gone to for this video, dialog-wise, camera angles, crazy and amazing post additions/visuals and many of the visuals and transitions altogether are really inspired and great.I'm curious where that tunnel bit came from, by the way, hehe.

The tunnel came from the same place as the lightbeams, and the water droplet: oldschool Truespace. More specifically, it's 3 hollow tubes with alpha-transparent marble textures, moving at different speeds.

By the way... you do have to check your official forum PMs and/or get back to me eventually, haha (no worries, I know you were busy and you absolutely don't have to read through the stuff I linked to and it's okay if you don't like any of that, haha!). I really want to talk about the stuff we touched upon outside of CoH.

Thank you, again, for an awesome CoH video!

Oh... sorry about that. I know I checked the board a couple times and didn't see anything new (which seems to have happened to you too) and it's been forever since I actually logged into the official forums, so I never got the PM. Sorry about that.  :-[ Also doesn't help though that forum seems to kick me off every 6 hours, even though I have cookies enabled.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 06:03:14 PM »
Really sorry... I ended up taking hubby to the emergency room at 11pm Saturday night due to excrutiating tooth pain.  He's *better*, but Vicodin does not for good mixing make.   :roll:

I'll try reminding him tonight after ToTing with the kids.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 11:37:57 PM »
Really sorry... I ended up taking hubby to the emergency room at 11pm Saturday night due to excrutiating tooth pain.  He's *better*, but Vicodin does not for good mixing make.   :roll:

I'll try reminding him tonight after ToTing with the kids.

Eegad... sorry to hear that. Well schedules certainly got pushed back for me anyhow, so there's been no rush. Doesn't matter if the video is done when I don't even have proper internet access. Using a crummy Verizon MiFi right now at the very edge of cell tower range. Dialup is faster than this. Can't even try to upload a finished product to Youtube until the frigging cable company finishes smoking whatever drugs they're on and fixes the lines. They took forever and a day longer than the electric company the last time there was a disaster here too. *sigh*

In the meantime, I'll probably try and re-record the line myself too, and see if I can get it any better. Kinda scares me to think that maybe my voice is just that pathetic when it comes to bellowing.  :P

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 07:24:37 PM »
Re-recorded the voice, still seemed to have the same problem though. But I was able to fix it this time. Discovered hard-limiting. "Dynamic normalization." Makes life much simpler.  :D

And it's a weird day to get to this point (wish I could've launched it on Guy Fawkes night) but I'm pretty sure the finished product will be live tonight.