Author Topic: Call to Action: 50 State Rally to Save CoH  (Read 1550 times)

Wulfrich

• Underling
Call to Action: 50 State Rally to Save CoH
« on: October 20, 2012, 07:20:12 PM »
 8)
I have an idea.
We should check into procedures for holding a Save CoH Rally in all 50 states, Canada, and even include the EU if possible.
Players from each state should meet at their state capital and hold a Capital building public rally to Save CoH.
I am from Mississippi so I can check on the procedures here and then we the help of Titan Network coordinate a day for this to happen. If we could pull it off I think it would be epic and may grab national attention.

Sincerely
Wulfrich from Liberty Server
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 07:41:05 PM by Wulfrich »

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
Re: Call to Action: 50 State Rally to Save CoH
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 08:16:04 PM »
Thought in the U.S. the right to free speech is firmly protected.  Often when holding public gatherings for protest reason or other such gatherings permits are needed.  Second players who want to do so would have to travel to the capital buildings.  (not everyone can or if they can travel would be able to have the time from normal work/life) 

is this a good idea Yes.   Can it be done before November 30th I don't think so.  That's why we do such things at Cons.  Already legal get together with people who know and understand Comics/games/ and fandom of this level.  Those are people who would best be inclined to assist us and put pressure on NCsoft.  Those are the people who would show up at NCsoft tables and ask the questions that would make them sweat "So when are you going to pull the plug on Guildwars like you did City of Heroes?"
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 12:39:38 PM »
I don't know about Occupy NCsoft.... Aside from general logistics issues, I suspect that the geographic dispersal would be too wide (and thereby too thin) to be noticeable or considered serious and may, in fact, be counterproductive.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 12:27:49 AM »
Maybe we should plan a GenCon style con where we all play a PnP version of COH using our mains. We could hook up monitors and run Demo recordings, hold costume contests, invite the devs. have a "plan Z" development. Have panals and other things and just celebrate COH.

It would be an awesome event and a powerful message that COH can really die if we let it.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 12:35:30 AM »
Could call it HeroCon.  Generic enough that can't be an issue but clear enough what it's about.

Perhaps Nov 2013?  A direct tie to the month we lost our virtual home? (may it not come to that)

A HeroCon event would be a good way to Honor CoH and send the message that We will not stop even after the servers go dark.  And yes be great way to announce Plan Z production.

Arctic Force.

• Lieutenant
  • I am A Blaster.....Floors Fear Me!!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 12:50:26 AM »
HeroCon used to be the yearly con held in the Bay Area by Paragon Studios. NcSoft may have the rights to that as well.
One the biggest entertainment franchises was saved by a letter writing campaign. Now it has 4 spin-off tv shows an animated series, eleven movies plus 1 in the works, multiple games And pretty much started "Fan-Cons". Thanks Mr. Roddenberry  Earn free bitcoin

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 01:16:35 AM »
HeroCon used to be the yearly con held in the Bay Area by Paragon Studios. NcSoft may have the rights to that as well.

I believe HeroCon is owned by NCSoft.

Might I suggest actually using GENCON for this?  Especially since I'm going to be literary Guest of Honor there?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 01:34:26 AM »
Your always a guest of honor. 

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 02:28:22 AM »
I'd be happy to talk to the other Plan Z people about seeing what can be done by then. But that's really a discussion for the Sunset board. Also, keep in mind that I'm not in any way in charge of anything with Plan Z. I'm just a contributor.

The rally idea won't work for us I don't think. One of two things will happen:
  • We get negative press for being obsessed about something that is "just a game."
  • Not enough people show up and it looks like our movement is insignificant.
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server