Author Topic: "...a realignment of company focus"  (Read 160490 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: "...a realignment of company focus"
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2012, 07:55:20 PM »
How about

"Replacing your Kids Captain America Sub with a sub to a Hentai mag"  Because that's what it is. ;)
Or, since not everyone knows what Hentai is, "Replacing your kid's Captain America comic book with a Fredericks of Hollywood catalog."
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2012, 07:57:09 PM »
Or, since not everyone knows what Hentai is, "Replacing your kid's Captain America comic book with a Fredericks of Hollywood catalog."
I'm fairly sure that no one I know IRL over here is going to know THAT one!
But since you'll most likely be aiming for a US audience...  :P

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2012, 07:58:33 PM »
I'm fairly sure that no one I know IRL over here is going to know THAT one!
But since you'll most likely be aiming for a US audience...  :P
Good point.  We'd need appropriate substitutions for different regions.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2012, 08:02:52 PM »
Good point.  We'd need appropriate substitutions for different regions.
After Googling it I can see why you suggested it though, very fitting.  ;D

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2012, 08:09:59 PM »
How about, instead, a Victoria's Secret catalog?

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2012, 08:17:19 PM »
How about, instead, a Victoria's Secret catalog?
That one I think is pretty international (as in everyone that owns a tv or reads books has probably come across the reference sometime).

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »
Which one? Fredericks of Hollywood?

Must be an american thing then...
No, Victoria's Secret - I had never heard of Frederick's before either.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2012, 08:32:27 PM »
Victoria's Secret would probably work internationally.  Both are lingerie catalogs.  Difference would be opening the mailbox to find the Fredericks catalog, someone might look around to see if anyone else was watching them pull their mail out of the box and then hide it behind the rest of the mail when they think the coast is clear.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2012, 08:43:07 PM »
Victoria's Secret would probably work internationally.  Both are lingerie catalogs.  Difference would be opening the mailbox to find the Fredericks catalog, someone might look around to see if anyone else was watching them pull their mail out of the box and then hide it behind the rest of the mail when they think the coast is clear.

Yeah. Pretty much.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2012, 09:14:45 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzmqOW0c3o8&feature=fvwrel

For you all to see what the game is like....it's sexy unproportionate women made out of jelly. Noone can walk like that and this oversexed game is our replacement for heroes?

Rock says "noone can walk like that i tried...it's not possible" He looked really funny trying also
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 09:20:52 PM by Moonfyire101 »

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2012, 09:15:05 PM »
May I use this in an article?
Can't see any reason why not.
After all, the words in quotation marks are actual verbatim NCSoft quotes, so its veracity is in no doubt. Though I can't say whether Mr.Kim really does open public addresses with "Oh hi, I'm TJKim, CEO of NCSOFT" ;)

There is one small issue of accuracy though...

(Also, the orange boobs used in that "article" up top are apparently from another game of his =P)
As Knightslayer correctly points out, the orange bewbies are in fact from Magna Carta, not Blade and Soul. I didn't clock that when I ran across that article earlier and nabbed the pic - well done Knight for checking! In the interests of accuracy, I'll tweak the original pic and swap said set of boobs for another from B&S.

Stay tuned, same Batchannel... :D

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2012, 09:20:19 PM »
I'm genuinely conflicted on this point. While I enjoy CoH, I enjoy it knowing that its record with regards to its female characters is...spotty. That has more to do with narrative than presentation, though: a lot of the male character embody certain physical ideals, too, and aren't afraid to show it off. CoH inherited this from comics. Power Girl existed well before Sister Psyche, after all. (At least Superman and Wolverine routinely show off their toned physiques, which is fair...on some minor level.)

That said, and as I alluded to in my other post in this thread, we need to start asking for more consideration from our game developers. Ivy Valentine has all the makings of an epic tragic heroine, but absolutely no one is going to take her seriously because she's wearing...that. I like a lot of the presentation of B&S--the colors, the (to us) exotic setting, the organic look to the costumes--but I couldn't admit to anyone that I actually played it because of all the cheesecake. And I'm willing to bring up playing Catherine to near-strangers! I mean, have you seen the PS3 cover art for this game?
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2012, 09:30:02 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzmqOW0c3o8&feature=fvwrel

For you all to see what the game is like....it's sexy unproportionate women made out of jelly.

That was just... weird... O.O

As Knightslayer correctly points out, the orange bewbies are in fact from Magna Carta, not Blade and Soul. I didn't clock that when I ran across that article earlier and nabbed the pic - well done Knight for checking!
No problem!

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2012, 10:00:08 PM »
* DrakeGrimm watches video and makes a face.

...clearly this game is made by men who have never seen a real woman. Ever.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2012, 10:01:27 PM »
I like a lot of the presentation of B&S--the colors, the (to us) exotic setting, the organic look to the costumes--but I couldn't admit to anyone that I actually played it because of all the cheesecake.
I agree entirely - it's sad really, because B&S does seem to have a very lush setting and decent animation...and then you get stuff like that video Moonfyire101 linked. I actually found it repulsive. I mean, like physically repulsive. I'm an artist - in my time I've done cartoons and caricatures, and yes, I have indeed drawn sexy ladies (what cartoonist/caricaturist has not?), but I've always operated to what I regarded as a 'classical' aesthetic. It's ok to exaggerate a little (exaggeration is after all what caricature is) but there comes a point where 'caricature' crosses an aesthetic line and becomes 'grotesque'. There's no doubt in my artistic mind that Hyung-Tae Kim has crossed that line.

Anyway...I've removed the Magna Carta boobies and replaced them with Blade and Soul ones...and I also took the opportunity of slightly resizing the speech balloon in the first panel cos it was irritating me a tad ;)

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss

pandora114

• Lieutenant

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2012, 11:36:33 PM »

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2012, 11:39:45 PM »
Try now. Just republished it to try and clear the access cache.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2012, 11:49:45 PM »
Worked for me. Good read. :)