Author Topic: "...a realignment of company focus"  (Read 160465 times)

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
Re: "...a realignment of company focus"
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2012, 11:53:24 PM »
Try now. Just republished it to try and clear the access cache.
It works now, nice job!  ;D

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2012, 12:00:20 AM »
I swear, I owe the boss some of my wifes homemade fudge for hannukkah this year for all of the bending of the rules I've gotten away with.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2012, 12:38:08 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzmqOW0c3o8&feature=fvwrel

For you all to see what the game is like....it's sexy unproportionate women made out of jelly. Noone can walk like that and this oversexed game is our replacement for heroes?

Rock says "noone can walk like that i tried...it's not possible" He looked really funny trying also

:o

W
T
F

I think Barbie is better proportioned than that monstrocity.  No woman moves or looks like that...

Shoot, she looks like she'd poke her OWN eyes out with Those Things.

And people think THAT is sexy?

Where's the puke emoticon?

Imperial1

• Underling
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2012, 12:41:09 AM »
If i may say a few things
er. . .first and formost i live in washington state gonna be an important fact here for what i am about to type

i can't help but wonder if this dicistion is being more driven by international politics then money,

see american got kicked harder then most counterys when the dive happened and so far it's beel REALLY slow to recover (this is old news)
so, as the presidential election is being shown across the world (as i am told) all of this talk of Get 'merica back in the worlds fase again *MIGHT* have cause a. . .say korean companey, to remeber those days and say. . . no i would like a chance to compete on the worlds stage, and if that means putting a few hunderod peaople out of a job to do so. . . . better for me

any who i don't REALLY know much about any of them but thats the though that went by so i though i would put it out here maybe someone with actually knowledge in this field might be able to que me in a bit more.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2012, 12:46:18 AM »
And more grist for the mill...

http://youtu.be/NKh9o-li5LI

Victoria's Secret catalog indeed... To be totally fair, I saw a handful of costume ideas in there that I wouldn't mind seeing in other games, but for the most part.... *FACEPALM*

I'd call this a "mature" game, except there's nothing mature about the objectification going on here.

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2012, 01:14:03 AM »
Nice job indeed downix, great article!  :)

And that latest vid link Atlantea...ewww! I definitely stand by my description of the style being a sad grotesque of the human form  :o

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2012, 02:30:21 AM »
The only thing I liked about the female walk was how naturally the hair moved...and if i were ever going to go fight someone I SURE would wear something this protective.   /em sarcasm
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2012, 02:43:58 AM »
A bikini top is designed to hold the breasts, so she's not even wearing that. They're just kind of hanging out. A gust of wind and it's gone.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2012, 02:58:49 AM »
As politicians all know, you tune your message to your audience.  Throw the right meat to the right beasts.  Because these days, most people rarely venture outside of their own internet comfort zones.

So IMHO, no, a "campaign" of this sort is not likely to get counter-arguments of "but you have sexxah things too!" from anyone where it would be effectively pitched.  They'll be way too busy chomping on the meat and revving up the RAAHR! machine to think about it.

Cynical?  Oh, a tad.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2012, 03:07:22 AM »
I actually went to watch the video...before commenting.

The backgrounds and charactor detail if one ignores the problem we all see <shakes head> are beautiful.  I prefer a mixture of setting types rather then pure fantasy...and yes eastern styles games have been played and enjoyed by me for years.  Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior/Quest, Suikoden and many more are games I love.

That said the outfits in that game and the blatent sexualization are just wrong.  I'm afraid to see what happens with combat animations in those skimpy, impractical outfits...COH is not perfect, comics are not perfect and I am neither prude nor exibitionist but that game is blatent I would be very uncomfortable as a woman in the obvious community tha will result...ugh
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2012, 03:15:59 AM »
I finally got the animations loaded.

Ah....uhm....

Let's just say that I have never seen a human female, ever, with those proportions.  Not even Barbie is that unrealistic. 

The emotes...combined with those figures...are, quite frankly, dancing perilously close to the obscene and would certainly send most feminists right through the roof.

Then we get to the walk.  I actually have seem real human females walk like that.  They were strippers  and pole-dancers in the 60s and 70s before direct silicon injection into the tissue to enhance breasts was banned, and their assets had (literally) turned rock hard.  The "walk" was not natural, had to be learned over the course of several weeks and was part of their "dance" act.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2012, 03:28:25 AM »
I think a more appropriate name for that game would be "Blood and Breasts". Yikes.

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2012, 03:29:24 AM »
A bikini top is designed to hold the breasts, so she's not even wearing that. They're just kind of hanging out. A gust of wind and it's gone.

A gust of wind, all she has to do is *move* and oops wardrobe malfunction.  Heck even a stripper would start out wearing more then that piece of *clothing*.  Having made my rational and nice responce o this game...yeah 'm getting in on the critiques here because its just laughable and degrading.

If we need tastfully designed female toons for contrast somehow I suspect a "women of paragon" rally could occur :) we don't have to show our more risque desgns in the picture after all :)
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2012, 03:35:09 AM »
And I just finished working through a number of costume shots.

Either every player posting on You Tube is playing with one hand, OR it is actually purposefully difficult to make your female character look like something other than a hooker, a pole-dancer, a stripper, or a lingerie model.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2012, 03:40:59 AM »
And I just finished working through a number of costume shots.

Either every player posting on You Tube is playing with one hand, OR it is actually purposefully difficult to make your female character look like something other than a hooker, a pole-dancer, a stripper, or a lingerie model.

;D

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2012, 03:45:42 AM »
And more grist for the mill...

http://youtu.be/NKh9o-li5LI

Victoria's Secret catalog indeed... To be totally fair, I saw a handful of costume ideas in there that I wouldn't mind seeing in other games, but for the most part.... *FACEPALM*

I'd call this a "mature" game, except there's nothing mature about the objectification going on here.
Mother of God... how is....wh-what?  I honestly thought something like this would be a no-no.  This is the type of thing you see in a TV show that is trying to exaggerate sexism in video games.  Jesus Christ.  This is so far from okay.   

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2012, 03:53:39 AM »
...would certainly send most feminists right through the roof.

There are a number of groups that I'm sure would be more than happy to help create some noise.

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Back Blast

• Minion
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2012, 04:04:33 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzmqOW0c3o8&feature=fvwrel

For you all to see what the game is like....it's sexy unproportionate women made out of jelly. Noone can walk like that and this oversexed game is our replacement for heroes?

Rock says "noone can walk like that i tried...it's not possible" He looked really funny trying also

Geez, a Barbie doll is more anatomically correct. That's just awful.

JetFlash

• Boss
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2012, 04:17:14 AM »
I finally got the animations loaded.

Ah....uhm....

Let's just say that I have never seen a human female, ever, with those proportions.  Not even Barbie is that unrealistic. 

The emotes...combined with those figures...are, quite frankly, dancing perilously close to the obscene and would certainly send most feminists right through the roof.

Then we get to the walk.  I actually have seem real human females walk like that.  They were strippers  and pole-dancers in the 60s and 70s before direct silicon injection into the tissue to enhance breasts was banned, and their assets had (literally) turned rock hard.  The "walk" was not natural, had to be learned over the course of several weeks and was part of their "dance" act.

That has to be one of the most ridiculous looking females I have ever seen.

And that walking animation... ugh.  You want a sexy looking walk, look at the walk animation for females in COH (whoever animated that needs a medal).  B&S, ugh...

laufeyjarson

• Boss
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2012, 04:24:19 AM »
That has to be one of the most ridiculous looking females I have ever seen.

And that walking animation... ugh.  You want a sexy looking walk, look at the walk animation for females in COH (whoever animated that needs a medal).  B&S, ugh...

The female walk cycle in CoH isn't bad.  It is a little sexualized; the ass swings more than needed, and the arms are in so she's flinging her hands about, while the male character is very purposefully striding with no wasted motion.  I did notice CoH wasn't great, but it's by no means the worst.

This... wow.  This is astonishingly bad.  The fact that this character's ass is so shiny you can see lights reflecting in it as she jiggles down he path, wearing eight inch heels in the outdoors... this is bizarre and wrong.  Where are her organs!  How does she digest with no intestines?

Several of the emotes had her clipping her own boobs with her arm because she couldn't actually touch her own face otherwise.

This is going to fail in the US.  Why would they bother with this?