Author Topic: Direct Ownership?  (Read 8456 times)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Re: Direct Ownership?
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 02:18:23 AM »
Your gut is right.

Don't lose a friend you may regain one day because of a game. If you did anything you could ask for his advice on a way to shake up NCSoft - he may have a few ideas having been inside their lines.

Just explain you understand he has dealt with them and that you are trying to save a game the NCSoft Deathstar is trying to destroy. Personally, I wouldn't ask for anything more. Then thank him for whether he helps or not and that you remember a kindness to a stranger.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 02:25:41 AM »
Your gut is right.

Don't lose a friend you may regain one day because of a game. If you did anything you could ask for his advice on a way to shake up NCSoft - he may have a few ideas having been inside their lines.

Just explain you understand he has dealt with them and that you are trying to save a game the NCSoft Deathstar is trying to destroy. Personally, I wouldn't ask for anything more. Then thank him for whether he helps or not and that you remember a kindness to a stranger.

This is a far better thing to do because he might well be able to offer some concrete advice.  The-Deity-Of-Your-Choice knows we're been flailing, trying to get a handle on these oiled eels and figure out what they're really thinking.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 03:57:00 AM »
Khep, my suggestion would be, if you're interested in rekindling a friendship with him, do so. Not for the sake of this effort, but because friends are worth having. You can even mention it was this effort that made you think of it; don't make it "so do me this favor" but rather "so at least one good thing came out of it."

The friendship can last beyond Nov. 30, no matter what happens to CoH.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2012, 04:46:40 AM »
In my experience, unless you are going to a professional something (doctor, lawyer) and trying to get free professional advice (and often not even then, look how Olantern has been giving us legal insights) MOST people are flattered when you ask them for advice.  Good way to rekindle the friendship.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 04:50:01 AM »
Seeking advice: good. Asking for a favor: bad. Usually. <.<

...then again, he's sort of eccentric. Who knows? XD
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 04:52:38 AM »
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter