Author Topic: Trying to get back in! Please help me!  (Read 2517 times)

biohazardx0

• Underling
Trying to get back in! Please help me!
« on: October 01, 2012, 05:39:45 PM »
Hello everyone on the titan network! I just found out about the terrible decision to shut down city of heroes. Even though I left paragon many years ago, it was the first MMO i ever played, and one of the first games i actually dedicated SERIOUS hours to. Somehow though i lost my account information a long time ago, and called NCsoft back in the day to get my account recovered, but to no avail. I am DESPERATE to get back in the game though to show my support for the SaveCOH initiative, and for nostalgia's sake. Does anyone know where i could buy an account? I have searched through about 10 pages of bing and google looking for people selling accounts or ANYTHING that would let me see paragon one last time (hopefully not, but just in case) i have posted on every WTS account listing in the past two years, but no one is getting back to me. i also found this listing http://www.gamepal.com/buyaccnts?gameid=12 but it is on A LOT of websites, and i am just a little suspicious. can ANYONE help me? please please please someone help me city Atlas Park, and the wonderful character creation screen!! Thank you so so so much!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:45:19 PM by biohazardx0 »

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
Re: Trying to get back in! Please help me!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 05:50:57 PM »
I think you can still make an account.

Speaking of, where can I get a client that is not hosted by a site of viruses and such?  I could use a way to add a client.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 05:51:23 PM »
No, you can't make a new account anymore. All account services have been terminated.

EDIT: NCsoft is still hosting the launcher: ftp://ftp.ncsoft.com/Launcher/NCsoftLauncherSetup.exe
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 06:01:56 PM »
I have been told, but have been unable to test, that if you had an account before, it should still be there to resume. You might try your old one.

biohazardx0

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 06:09:15 PM »
I have been told, but have been unable to test, that if you had an account before, it should still be there to resume. You might try your old one.

I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone! Really would like to talk to someone from paragon studios on the phone though... they might take pity on me! but i don't have a number for them!

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 06:15:18 PM »
Paragon is more or less unreachable at the moment. Those who once made it up are working on trying to save it, but the Studio itself is officially defunct, I believe, until such time as they manage to reform it.

Have you tried simply logging on with your old account? I'm told that's doable; I have not (yet) tested it with mine that I haven't played in 5+ years.

biohazardx0

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 06:17:17 PM »
Paragon is more or less unreachable at the moment. Those who once made it up are working on trying to save it, but the Studio itself is officially defunct, I believe, until such time as they manage to reform it.

Have you tried simply logging on with your old account? I'm told that's doable; I have not (yet) tested it with mine that I haven't played in 5+ years.

I have tried a bunch of times but i can't remember the darn password! it's driving me crazy!!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »
Isn't there a way to reset the password for the account?  (Provided you remember the account name and still have the same email address, that is.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 07:03:53 PM »
https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/accountManagement.pl

Go here, submit a password change request.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 07:22:13 PM »
No, you can't make a new account anymore. All account services have been terminated.

EDIT: NCsoft is still hosting the launcher: ftp://ftp.ncsoft.com/Launcher/NCsoftLauncherSetup.exe

I can launch but need a reinstall because I SUSPECT my installation may be bad.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 07:25:46 PM »
Doesn't the launcher have a function to check file integrity?

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 07:27:05 PM »
Yup. Install the launcher then right-click on City of Heroes and select "Repair".

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 07:32:21 PM »
I did that but would prefer a total install.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 08:33:53 PM »
The launcher is how you get the client these days. There's no other way.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal