Author Topic: WoD Randomness, Pen, Paper, LARP, you name it!  (Read 2829 times)

Knightward

• Minion
WoD Randomness, Pen, Paper, LARP, you name it!
« on: September 28, 2012, 04:54:15 PM »
I suppose we could extend it to other pen and paper games too.  Either way, no threadjacking over here!  And um... if this is the wrong area to post this, would someone with the authority to do so please move it wherever appropriate?

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: WoD Randomness, Pen, Paper, LARP, you name it!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 04:56:15 PM »
* DrakeGrimm shuffles into the thread, dragging books and dice with him

...where do I set up? <.< >.>
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 05:20:30 PM »
Well, you can use a TV tray, the coffee table, or that altar of bones.

Viking

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »
Please do not make me run another game.  :o

I am the DM/GM for my group, I have never tried to run a game over the internet though. Could be fun by my GM style is let the player go where they want. I do not give hints (we unless the players ask) that you may be wandering into a area you should not be.

Currently running GammaWorld 4th(1992) edition

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 06:14:05 PM »
I miss some good ol' PnP gaming. Been over a year since I played one last.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Knightward

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 08:10:34 PM »
As successful as I've been in the past, I can't GM either because 1) I have no time, 2) I have loooooong lasting writer's block (It's been about a year since I was last able to focus on and come up with anything for the Dark Heresy game I run) and 3) My local gaming friends would murder me for running something they weren't in on.

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:21:14 PM »
Just going to pop in and say that I absolutely want to play a CoH campaign through the internet. I've still yet to try a tabletop session online at all.
An old D&Der mate of mine tried to start one up a number of years ago, but I was just too busy to commit (what with CoH filling that niche for me at the time).

I never tried any of the WoD or White Wolf at all (I was always curious to, but never fell in with anyone).
Honestly, most all of my playing was with the same core group of players and we all really shared the same style and it was something I never found elsewhere (until some of my RPing in SWG and CoH).
We were just fully in-character and we all loved to develop such rich and deep characters. It was wonderful.
Sadly, two of them being married (and two others being their siblings), they all moved 7 hours away. We see each other once or twice a year, but we don't even always play when we get together (so limited on time and it's just nice to visit).

Okay, what the bloody hell am I rambling on about? Oh, I guess I was giving a bit of role-playing and tabletop background for myself.
Well, you're doing a rather lousy job of it.
Right on... Agreed.

So, I mostly played AD&D 2nd Edition and never moved to later additions. We also played the old Marvel Super Heroes system (FASERIP). That is where I created Electric-Knight (based on a character I made up when I was a little kid, actually). And I was amazed how well I could make E-K in CoH! Never expected that!
Played a little of the Star Wars WE game and played some of the Star Wars D20 system (which I actually liked).
Dabbled here and there in Call of Cthulhu, Palladium Heroes Unlimited and the DC system a few times as well.
The old Marvel system definitely would work well to replicate CoH a little bit and it is such a simple system. Although, I'm sure the Palladium and Champions systems would work well too. It's just that the Marvel system seems so easy to just pick it up and GO for just about anyone.

Uh... I guess that's all from me for now...  :o
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Knightward

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 12:51:12 AM »
Hmmm... 1 of my friends is planning on starting a Mutants & Masterminds gameeventually and I did adapt my main for it.  It would be easy enough to get a CoH setting for that game.  It requires a fair bit of tweaking, but you can adapt your ingame characters to it.  That said, I BARELY understand the system.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 02:23:25 AM »
I've never played DnD nor have I ever done PnP or LARP. I guess I can lurk.  :o
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 02:31:26 AM »
I've never played DnD nor have I ever done PnP or LARP. I guess I can lurk.  :o

Teege. Don't make me come kidnap you. >.>

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 03:32:59 AM »
Teege. Don't make me come kidnap you. >.>

:-X

I'll be at a wedding all day tomorrow so I'll have to pencil in getting kidnapped another time.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 03:33:59 AM »
:-X

I'll be at a wedding all day tomorrow so I'll have to pencil in getting kidnapped another time.

That's okay, I work all day tomorrow. I was planning more "down the road" kidnappings. Mwa ha ha ha. :P

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 01:57:42 PM »
D&D GM/player here, ex LARPer, never tried WoD but played many others. My gaming these days is restricted to a group of us that went to university together 25-30 years ago, who 4 times a year gather to roleplay and behave like students for a weekend.