Author Topic: Dinner with the Devs  (Read 1019 times)

Clark Parker

• Underling
Dinner with the Devs
« on: September 26, 2012, 09:58:02 PM »
I know that most of us can not make it to Palo Alto to join the Devs for dinner tonight, but I was just thinking that perhaps we could join them in spirit.

Buca di Beppo is a national chain.  How about those of us who would like to be in Palo Alto but can't, and have a local Buca di Beppo, go have dinner there tonight?  I know that it is late for such an idea - but I was just watching the twitch feed recording and it hit me.

I plan on going to the one in Lombard, IL tonight, and will mention that I am there to support CoH - perhaps this could be a bunch of makeshift meet and greets.

I am a long time lurker, but the pending end of the world makes strange things happen, and as a hero, while there is life there is hope.

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
Re: Dinner with the Devs
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 10:08:46 PM »
I know that most of us can not make it to Palo Alto to join the Devs for dinner tonight, but I was just thinking that perhaps we could join them in spirit.

Buca di Beppo is a national chain.  How about those of us who would like to be in Palo Alto but can't, and have a local Buca di Beppo, go have dinner there tonight?  I know that it is late for such an idea - but I was just watching the twitch feed recording and it hit me.

I plan on going to the one in Lombard, IL tonight, and will mention that I am there to support CoH - perhaps this could be a bunch of makeshift meet and greets.

I am a long time lurker, but the pending end of the world makes strange things happen, and as a hero, while there is life there is hope.

It sounds wonderful but unfortunately tonight is a major Jewish Holiday and I have a house full of guests arriving in about an hour for dinner.

But if you are in Lombard I am also from the Chicago area...perhaps we could put together a Bucca meet up for a night, that is not today, if others are interested?

Doing the Bucca thing across the country would be kinda neat and an interesting promotion...anyone know if they have WiFi there...if so live gaming, get together session sounds nice
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

darkskye

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »
I can't do that, but I can cook an italian TV dinner.... that's as close as I can get I'm afraid.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 10:20:33 PM »
I am poor until Friday, I was preparing to make chinese for dinner however.

(When your wife is a classically trained chef, it's hard eating out anyways, because you have tasted better at home)

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 10:34:49 PM »
That's a great idea, but, yeah, a bit late! That being said... Since you obviously have good ideas, don't stay a LURKER! :)
Hi!

I'm not aware of the chain, here in New York. Although, I don't tend to eat at chain restaurants and such, so they could very well be around. Plus... I'm trying to get rid of a damn cold that won't leave me... *sigh*

Anyway... maybe we'll have to treat them to something else and arrange this idea right along with it.
I had offered the idea about simultaneous worldwide get-togethers, shortly after the news first dropped (only just remembering that I had suggested that now, hehe). Your slant on it is a good one!

Again, keep posting, hehe!
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/