Author Topic: The blasters are getting ready to draw aggro  (Read 986 times)

drmanbot

• Minion
The blasters are getting ready to draw aggro
« on: September 26, 2012, 03:39:22 PM »
There's a lot more scuttlebutt on the COX boards about negative actions and how to "stick it to the man".  I know that's only going to impact  whatever's going on in the back ground negatively.

I'm an old coot. I know these things take time. But you kids with your rock and roll and hoola hoops and such aren't as patient .

Can anybody think of ANYTHING positive that can be stated to calm things down a bit and (hopefully) let cooler heads prevail?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: The blasters are getting ready to draw aggro
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 03:42:17 PM »
I've got nothin'.  Even attempting to diffuse the rising tension at this point is enough to set people off.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
Re: The blasters are getting ready to draw aggro
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 04:07:47 PM »
I am unable to play an active role in managing such an event, but I would be willing to try to orchestrate the scheduling and volunteering of participants in a "Media Day" gathering wherein experienced players either mentored-down or made new heroes/villains to partner up with/lead small parties of new players through the first mission and maybe one or two short story arcs.

These "new players" being media people - bloggers, reporters, anybody we can attract - invited in to see what the buzz is about. And, in the process, create more buzz by giving these media folks something to write about.

If you think this will help, I'll start a new thread to organize volunteers to:

• help the new players make characters they'll enjoy for at least a day
  • organize the teams for the missions
  • lead said teams, helping ensure that the media-people "get" the story as it unfolds and learn the mechanics of the game and generally get to interact with the community

Also required are people who will get the word out, whether broadcast or by directly inviting media folks they know.

We will need to pick a day and time; I'm thinking a weekend for ease of participation, but weekdays might be better if the media folks can show up during work hours more readily than during off hours. A little input from people who know something about how reporters, bloggers, etc. do their scheduling would be useful in making that decision.

I think this would be a good place for some constructive spleen-venting, as they'd be too busy showing what they love to get too recriminatory aside from "and NCSoft is taking all of this away from us" messaging. It should help get players hyped again, should help with some of the tensions, and should help get the word out...if we can get enough media-types to show and we can put our - and the game's - best foot forward.