Author Topic: We are the Good Team, This is what Good Guys do!  (Read 25237 times)

Fansy

• Lieutenant
Re: We are the Good Team, This is what Good Guys do!
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2012, 03:17:41 AM »
Hail, Again!

I wanted to convey to everyone who may have the belief that I am purposely ignoring their plights in private! This is untrue my fellow goodians! I have not the ability to respond as my telepathic communication has be shuttered by the game's shenanigans! What shenanigans? Why the rebelliousness of non-VIP and ''not Tier 4'' madness!

I do see your desires to join with me and the Flowers of Happiness but I cannot speak back, though do not distress; send me an email in game or on here! If I am on I will either hop onto the one and so far only character that has been raised above 10 levels to speak back to you (if allowed) and will do my best to answer what I can. Right now the only server that I have long range chat capability in is Virtue but if you wish to rectify that by heroic deeds of good guyism I will not refuse such aid to spreading my song!

I am not ignoring you, I am simply incapacitated.

Playing for you,
Fansy

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2012, 03:30:58 AM »
You can reply to character-to-character tells with /reply. You can't initiate a /tell, and you cannot use /reply with @global chat, but you can respond to characters on your own server as a freebie. :)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2012, 05:24:43 AM »
Having had the pleasure of playing with Fansy (and it is a pleasure), he's great fun.  And I love his Grandpa stories.  I shall have to snag him on Pinnacle at some point and PL him to over 10.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2012, 05:28:37 AM »
Hail!

I want to clear the air with EVERYONE! I, as often times can(and do), rush into things blindly, did not confirm that the Fred I was speaking to was indeed the real Fred. I got duped by a super good impersonator that I couldn't believe wasn't real and amazing more is that I fell for something I should of easily caught! BUT alas, not all is lost! For now I am DOUBLE CHECKING MY CONTACTS and SOURCES so if you think this is going to happen twice to this bard, O'ah OH! I don't think so! You can only blind fold justice once, and then the righteous will stand against all that is evil, and squish it under foot!

In other news, I feel like a complete idiot for allowing myself to be blind sided as I was when I first met Mercedes Lackey. I still do not consider myself a '' celebrity..'' not like those that can actually make a difference so when I meet a REAL celebrity - aka - Mercedes Lackey, I become extremely goosh brained and sometimes do not follow through with the leads that sketchy sources have given me. Fear not, however! The Good Team does not cave in to one false claim, for rising out the ashes due to the communities out reach in pseudo thanks comes the real Fred whom I will attempt to ACTUALLY collaborate something with. As for the impersonator, well, I've dealt with that issue and you can rest assured it will not happen again. As for the person's account the impersonator went under? DO not have any fear, it was not a phisher or spammer, it was not someone who had the intention to do the community any harm by collecting personal information and the account used, yes admittedly by my fault, was not meant to be used in that manner. The problem has been solved, it will never EVER happen again and the one who loaned their account shouldn't be persecuted.

Now onto more important business!

Rhett and Link's super note is a real, confirmed deal as is their email address (Now that I'm checking my list..twice over..) I will be continuing with this most recent plan as it's something that will be incredible for the community, the cause, and the good guy spirit! You wanted something big to keep you up? Stay tuned for some very juicy details!

I give both my apologies to all the parties involved,
My stern & quick beat down with lyrical destruction,
and honest promise it will not happen again,

Singing for the cause,
Fansy

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2012, 05:43:49 AM »
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2012, 05:50:22 AM »

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2012, 06:12:29 AM »
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2012, 06:16:44 AM »
* DrakeGrimm takes a knee as the expert shares her prose.

*snerk*  And the "expert" just noticed that she used the phrase "He ate a piece of cake to comfort himself" twice.

Oy.

And my editor didn't catch it either.

Double oy.

Well there you go people, warts and all.

Greg Lloyd

• Minion
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2012, 06:34:43 AM »
As Strunk & White points out, sometimes repetition is an important part of writing.

As Rowin Atkinson points out, sometimes repetition is funny.

I think contextually the cake-comfort makes sense. I also think cake-comfort makes sense because you don't get this big by leaving scraps around for others who are less appreciative.
G

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2012, 06:38:23 AM »
*snerk*  And the "expert" just noticed that she used the phrase "He ate a piece of cake to comfort himself" twice.

Oy.

And my editor didn't catch it either.

Double oy.

Ah, VV, nobody said the expert wasn't human. ;)

Like someone for their merits, my dear. Love them for their flaws.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

TheBeatnik

• Minion
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2012, 11:12:48 AM »
Sometimes just one piece of cake isn't enough.

Sherlock Holmes had his "Three pipe problem"; maybe ours is a two cake situation.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2012, 11:23:38 AM »
Ah, VV, nobody said the expert wasn't human. ;)

Like someone for their merits, my dear. Love them for their flaws.
My guess would be... the expert really had cake on the brain that day!
I hope you found some after a long writing session, VV!  ;D

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2012, 01:16:30 PM »
That wasn't intentional then?  I just assumed he ate cake the way I do and stuffed the whole thing in his mouth before grabbing a second piece.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2012, 01:21:17 PM »
I wish this battle was a cake-walk...and comfort cake would make a delicious healing power.

So what kind of cake were you eatting Ms. Lackey    ;)

Cake Mastery the next April 1st power set...which of course requires us to win.
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2012, 01:29:57 PM »
What are you talking about? All real experts are cyborgs!

>_> <_<

The computational intelligence expert admits nothing!

Also! Free spoilers just to get proof that somebody is who she says she is! Yay!  ;D

More seriously, I admit I'd never heard of Fansy before this thread, but I have been amused by his past antics as I've read of them and very impressed by his powers of connectivity as demonstrated since he joined this effort. I also must admit that I've only read one thing by Mercedes Lackey, not for lack of interest, but because I just have never gotten around to any of the Valdemar series and...just never got to it. ^^; "If I Pay Thee Not In Gold," however, was a book I thoroughly enjoyed. Nevertheless, it is always wonderful to meet a celebrity of which one has heard and discover them to be truly stand-up as a person, and if my first real impression of Madam Lackey is as a fellow forumite, it has been an excellent one, so I am honored to know both Fansy and VV.

I'd doff my hat, but even my necromantic persona does not have one. Thank you both for your aid to this effort, and thank this entire forum for its energy and dedication. I have learned a lot here, and I look forward to learning still more.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »
<snip>

You know, I'm way too hard on myself for my own failures. I can't really tell you how comforting this is. And if you need more proofreaders, I'm sure you can find plenty here. >.>
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2012, 01:48:11 PM »
Check out the new Call to Action!

Go, lubricate your vocal chords, sing unto the world!

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2012, 09:38:04 PM »
Check out the new Call to Action!

Go, lubricate your vocal chords, sing unto the world!

No, no, no, a thousand times no.

I do an excellent rendition of Princess Vespa.

Only I do it with no sense of key OR rhythm.

My CHILDREN have asked me not to sing to them because I really am that bad. :) (And yes, I really am a bass...and I really am female.)
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2012, 09:40:21 PM »
o/~ Momma sang base
Daddy sang tenor!o/~

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2012, 11:55:27 PM »
o/~ Momma sang base
Daddy sang tenor!o/~

No, Daddy sings baritone and has operatic training. :) HE can sing.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.