Author Topic: We are the Good Team, This is what Good Guys do!  (Read 24793 times)

Tacitala

• Boss
Re: We are the Good Team, This is what Good Guys do!
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2012, 03:27:38 PM »

http://penny-arcade.com/comic

I could have swore I saw one of the in universe billboards advertising a "City of Gyros" restaurant, but I don't remember where (if there was one at all).
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »
I could have swore I saw one of the in universe billboards advertising a "City of Gyros" restaurant, but I don't remember where (if there was one at all).
Saint's Row had it.

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2012, 04:35:52 PM »

Yes, and apparently there are City of Gyros locations in game.   They're listed in atlas park though, so not sure how accurate the locations are.  I think the list is from before the atlas revamp.

[EDIT: Fixing link ~Agge]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:46:50 PM by Aggelakis »

Enson Red Shirt

• Minion
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »
If Accounts are needed for media i have several un used and even in vip status so just let me know

Enson Red Shirt (if i am not on justice or in virtue ap33 you can email me at DoctorEvil@Evilincorporated.us (yes its real)

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2012, 06:00:52 PM »
If Accounts are needed for media i have several un used and even in vip status so just let me know

Enson Red Shirt (if i am not on justice or in virtue ap33 you can email me at DoctorEvil@Evilincorporated.us (yes its real)
Glad to hear it! The first line in this thread has a link to a google doc folder that has a sign-up sheet for such donors! Your participation is most appreciated. ^_^

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2012, 08:35:04 PM »
Fansy, I don't know if you could possibly know what you have done for moral for this community, but I hope to have the honor of teaming with you at some point in game.  Well met my friend.

MajorDurand

• Underling
    • Cats, Archaeology and Mayem
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2012, 10:31:59 PM »
Wowza, Fansy! I stand in awe and thank you isn't enough. /em salute

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2012, 12:58:41 AM »
 :) Wow! This is awesome! Thank you so much!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2012, 02:59:42 AM »
*Humbly kneels and offers Fansy the throne.*
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2012, 03:01:04 AM »
Dagfirnit, Victrix, we just got the stone polished after YOU pulled the sword out. Did you have to put it back IN for Fansy? *grumbles* could've just handed the darn thing to him but noooooo...

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2012, 03:11:02 AM »
Nah, I'm just Sir Kay.  Which reminds me, I have to chase those pages back to their armor-polishing.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2012, 03:15:50 AM »
Please do. I never quite understood why, but shiny armor is so much easier to animate.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2012, 03:25:24 AM »
Nah, I'm just Sir Kay.  Which reminds me, I have to chase those pages back to their armor-polishing.

...but if you're Sir Kay, who is Merlin!? I hope I don't wind up as a squirrel...
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2012, 03:27:50 AM »
Well, necromancers are spellcasters... >_> <_< Though I don't tend to favor pointy hats.

Woodnimph

• Underling
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2012, 09:13:25 AM »
*stands in Awe of Fancy*

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2012, 12:08:28 PM »
STILL unsure of exactly HOW Fansy's mojo works, but it is undeniable that it does!

The appellation and title of Bard (capitalized no less!) is definitely deserved!

*PING* (Light Bulb Moment)

Y'know...

I just had the strangest epiphany... it's like Ferris Bueller actually was not just a movie, but a thinly veiled DOCUMENTARY about Fansy's early life (names changed of course). And that the "kid that everyone knows" became "the man what knows everyone else" and now, many years later, finally found a CAUSE worthy of all that pent up coolness.

Anyone else feel like jumping on a float and singing "danke schoen" in backing vocals to Fansy? :D

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2012, 12:54:47 PM »
Would that mean Fansy knows Ben Stein?

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2012, 04:43:31 PM »
Would that mean Fansy knows Ben Stein?

Wouldn't hurt to check. :D

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2012, 04:51:12 PM »
Having just caught up on this thread..Fancy you Rock!!!

Um would a photo of the outside of Ferris Bueller's school be of any value...mumble mumble...its about the only part of the school they haven't changed over the years and the interiors were mostly from a different high school anyway <starts whistling at how easy it would be to drive by>
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 05:27:27 PM by QuantumHero »
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2012, 05:41:17 PM »
I also got in touch with... Lynn Johnston

That's cool. For Better or For Worse is a family oriented comic, so I suspect that any efforts going her way would focus on testimonials and the wonderful community.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame