Author Topic: Wildstar and Carbine - should we encourage them to switch publishers?  (Read 8371 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Wildstar and Carbine - should we encourage them to switch publishers?
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 06:59:07 PM »
It's been 3 weeks and there hasn't been so much as a hint that (1) might be true. At this point I see nothing wrong with NCSoft having to face some negative PR consequences for their decisions.

If nothing else - and I say this from a personal standpoint, not as a reflection of official strategy being pursued by Titan as a whole - I think we've reached a stage where it might not be bad to let NCsoft get just a little taste of what's in store if they bury the title.  I don't think we want to release the hounds and go all out, but maybe just enough of a taste to give them an idea of how much anger there really is brewing outside of their office building right now.

I think the traffic that's been popping up today is probably already enough to get that point across.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 07:06:10 PM »
So what are you actually suggesting be done, eabrace?

SkyStreak

• Minion
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 07:20:24 PM »
How is Carbine Studios supposed to do anything without NCsoft when they are owned by NCsoft?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 07:29:34 PM »
If I were suggesting anything at all, it would this:
* Continue to be civil.
* Avoid exaggeration.
* Stick to facts and irrefutable numbers.
* Before posting anything, read it over and ask, "Is any of this simply my opinion?  Can I honestly back this up?  Is there any evidence to the contrary?"  If the answer to any of those questions is not a very solid "No," then now is not the time to post what you've written.  Save that for later.

Keeping all of those in mind, feel free to let a little of your anger start to show.  I realize how difficult it is to be civil and avoid opinion and hyperbole when sitting at the keyboard angry, but as long as negotiations are still ongoing, walking into the conference room, flipping the table over and walking back out of the room won't be helpful at all.  Remember:  even if we can't save City of Heroes itself, we still might be able to help save at least a piece of of Paragon Studios (under a different name, I'm sure) so that we can maybe help a few people get their jobs back and let them bring us something new and awesome to throw our money at in a few years.

Let them see that we are very unhappy with their company, show them your anger, but do not let loose your wrath.

The posts I've seen today on Facebook (linked above) and the "Fool Me Six Times" comic that appeared today were what I would consider good examples of how to do this correctly.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

frostcoh

• Minion
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 07:52:44 PM »
Love it.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 08:11:45 PM »
If I were suggesting anything at all, it would this:
* Continue to be civil.
* Avoid exaggeration.
* Stick to facts and irrefutable numbers.
* Before posting anything, read it over and ask, "Is any of this simply my opinion?  Can I honestly back this up?  Is there any evidence to the contrary?"  If the answer to any of those questions is not a very solid "No," then now is not the time to post what you've written.  Save that for later.

Keeping all of those in mind, feel free to let a little of your anger start to show.  I realize how difficult it is to be civil and avoid opinion and hyperbole when sitting at the keyboard angry, but as long as negotiations are still ongoing, walking into the conference room, flipping the table over and walking back out of the room won't be helpful at all.  Remember:  even if we can't save City of Heroes itself, we still might be able to help save at least a piece of of Paragon Studios (under a different name, I'm sure) so that we can maybe help a few people get their jobs back and let them bring us something new and awesome to throw our money at in a few years.

Let them see that we are very unhappy with their company, show them your anger, but do not let loose your wrath.

The posts I've seen today on Facebook (linked above) and the "Fool Me Six Times" comic that appeared today were what I would consider good examples of how to do this correctly.
*grumble*
I suppose you're right.  People are getting anxious, myself included.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 08:15:07 PM »
I suppose you're right.  People are getting anxious, myself included.

There seems to be more traffic here today than there was last week, too. That's probably a good thing for us. :) Just remember: even when voicing displeasure, we can still do so in ways that are constructive.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 11:46:29 PM »
My name is Mercedes Lackey, and I approve of this message. 
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Luna Eclypse

• New Efforts # 9,000!
  • Boss
  • Follow my on Twitter @LunaEclypse
    • Luna Eclypse on VirtueVerse
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2012, 12:42:09 AM »
I have several friends that don't care much for our plight and are very much loving Guild Wars 2. I would love to shake things up for them personally, but it's not going to change their minds and it'll only aggravate me more. I've instead committed my energy to the community itself. Tweeting the hashtags, signing the petition, making it to all of the in-game events I can within my daily schedule... trying to maintain my composure and not shoot off my mouth. It does get to the point with all of us where the aggravation overwhelms more on some days than others and that it is why I'm not a mouthpiece for any of us.

Luckily Twitter has a character limit so I can't get stuck on one of my tangents. Nothing I can think of to offer up negative publicity for NCsoft is civil. Heck, if you met Luna in-character, she's very much the same. To be honest, I'm best with informing the uninformed in-game that aren't keeping up with us or are down in the dumps about it; A morale officer, if you will.

I never had an interest in Wildstar and our dilemma doesn't help it's case for me. Carbine should definitely take careful consideration of who they're dealing with... the game already looks unconventional in the MMO landscape, it doesn't really help that there's good chance they could fall victim to the same publishing mismanagement as Tabula Rasa, ExTeel, Dungeon Runners, Auto Assault, and CoX.
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2012, 02:19:03 PM »
Well I just posted concerning this to the COH Main boards.

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=297663

Let's see if I get "Stalin-ized".