Author Topic: My "Save City of Heroes" video is now live  (Read 8915 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
My "Save City of Heroes" video is now live
« on: September 25, 2012, 05:12:14 AM »
http://youtu.be/pC3tseY-ic0

Do whatever you wish with it. Link it, embed it, give it to your friends. Just don't duplicate it, because the license I have for one of the songs covers ONE project only.

A little bit of a rant: I went through the bother of making "buttons" at the end of the vid, intended to give direct links to here, savecoh.com, and the petition, (since I had seen videos with clickable links before) only to find out that youtube doesn't allow urls AT ALL except to a couple of key places. Fortunately, ONE of them is change.org, so at least there's a clickable link to the petition.

edit: Also posted on the NC-CoH forums, and at CapeRadio.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: My "Save City of Heroes" video is now live
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 05:21:27 AM »
...stupid ninjas...chopping onions... *sniffle*

Great work, everyone who was involved in this project, no matter how big or small.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 05:22:52 AM »
Holy Crap!!! Seriously, this should be manditory watching for anyone who is feeling discouraged about our side of the fight right now.

It makes my whole Parody Song effort look like Romper Room stuff, but it did get me reved-up to get back and tighten-up my edits on it. You inspire me Tim!

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 05:31:27 AM »
Excellent work to everybody involved in making this video! Now to get it on all the screens we can...
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 05:35:16 AM »
It is now on my FACEBOOK!

Yes. I logged into my evil horrible account I made ages ago on the evil horrible "social media" thingy, just to post this link. The grand total of TWELVE people on my list will see it! Oooooh! GO me! >.>;
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 05:37:47 AM »
Holy Crap!!! Seriously, this should be manditory watching for anyone who is feeling discouraged about our side of the fight right now.
I don't think there is a percentage known for how much I agree with you, just watched it and felt my chest puff out, fists clench in determination, and a wish to find out who by me seems to be cutting onions.
That video is just. Freaking. Awesome.

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 05:40:40 AM »
Fantastic job Tim...wow the mass of atlas parks the hubby and I both keep tearing up watching and listening...we are heroes and this is what we do.
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 06:06:17 AM »
Superb work - I'd had an idea for something similar, but yours is a far better rendition than mine. :)

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 06:21:00 AM »
Awesome video! Just like the rough draft version...this one made me cry. The bf asked me why I was crying and I told him it's because of how proud I am of CoH and it's community.

This video makes me proud to be a hero in Paragon City. I think this video, the ones which have been posted by others, and the ones to come should be seen as a symbol of solidarity...and of our fight to save Paragon City. We represent different cultures, countries, states, sexual orientation, etc...but the one thing we have in common is that we are heroes...and heroes do not give up! There may be times when it seems the battle is lost...the future uncertain...but we have to remember that we will stay strong...we will stay united...and we will continue to face every battle together hand in hand...like heroes!

Shaz

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 06:24:44 AM »
As I posted on YouTube in response to this: Fantastic job.

For some reason, it had me recalling the vitriol that has been spewed out over the years whenever the NGE is mentioned. I think it's a good possibility that NCSoft could be the next studio to be the focus of the righteous ire of an entire game's population, if they don't allow CoH to live on in some fashion.

Hopefully it will never get to that.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 06:35:34 AM »
Sharing about, well done indeed.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 08:04:55 AM »
Is there any way we can get that projected onto the building at NC Soft somehow?

Beautiful video. Congratulations, everyone.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 08:06:02 AM »
Is there any way we can get that projected onto the building at NC Soft somehow?

Beautiful video. Congratulations, everyone.

...someone get my passport up to date and front me a plane ticket....I'll figure out the rest. :P

marquandDance

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 08:42:30 AM »
Great video!
I've liked it on youtube and also posted it on reddit (http://redd.it/10fwwy).
I suggest anyone who hasn't liked either yet do so, signing up for a youtube and reddit account is very pretty straightforward if you don't already have one.

Stunrunner

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 09:12:45 AM »
Liked on YouTube, shared on Facebook.  Great work.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 10:10:26 AM »
Awesome job! Liked on Youtube and Facebook!

And yeah, damn those onion chopping ninjas... (snif)

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 11:21:37 AM »
Yeah I commented and liked on YouTube. Kickass job here Tim!

Makes me smile, great job up to this point all, we aren't done yet! I posted this to 4 guild sites, twitter, RT in twitter, Facebook and my FB page for TA.

RogerWilco

• Lieutenant
  • The Adventurous Janitor
    • The Conclave - International Gaming Community
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »
Very nice.

I see you using the Belgian YouTube, are you Belgian?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:37:50 AM by RogerWilco »

Shadowe

• Boss
  • Just don't tell Manticore...
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 11:35:28 AM »
Those damn ninja onion choppers.

That video is awesome.
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 11:44:41 AM »
Very well done. Liked and posted, will try to get some shares going.