Author Topic: NCSoft Stockwatch  (Read 714677 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: NCSoft Stockwatch
« Reply #1020 on: December 21, 2012, 02:11:50 AM »
It's actually NCSoft's attempt to crack the Konami Code.

Is that the one that gives you $999,999,999,999 for no effort and gives you infinite lives so that your mistakes bring no penalties?

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #1021 on: December 21, 2012, 02:21:55 AM »
Is that the one that gives you $999,999,999,999 for no effort and gives you infinite lives so that your mistakes bring no penalties?

30 lives.

Infinite shame.

RED FALCON will not die to cowards!
Woo! - Argent Girl

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #1022 on: December 21, 2012, 02:30:11 AM »
this might help more lol

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1023 on: December 21, 2012, 04:21:37 AM »
30 lives.

Infinite shame.

*has a giggle fit* ;D

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #1024 on: December 21, 2012, 06:59:21 AM »
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #1025 on: December 24, 2012, 07:18:03 AM »
Does anyone know when the stock market opens back up in Korea?
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #1026 on: December 24, 2012, 08:50:01 AM »
Does anyone know when the stock market opens back up in Korea?

I'm west coast United States so for me the market is open 4pm-10pm PST Sunday-Thursday
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #1027 on: December 24, 2012, 10:41:12 AM »
Ahhh, they're back below 150,000, and closer to where they belong.  My overwhelming desire for schadenfreude derived from NCsoft is momentarily massaged.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #1028 on: December 24, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »
See my siggy!

So glad I didn't change it.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #1029 on: December 24, 2012, 02:21:43 PM »
Somehow it brings to mind that weird rendition of "Row, row, row my boat" from "Hackers".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbcxf8PWg_U#t=4967s
 ;D
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

bigdog1111

• Underling
« Reply #1030 on: December 24, 2012, 05:01:15 PM »
Kaiser Tarantula, thanks for the NCSoft stock link. It's more dramatic when you click the ytd or 1 yr, you'll find their stock dropping is readily apparent since the COH closure announcement,

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/chart?symbol=036570.KS

If I were an NCSoft stockholder I'd be VERY WORRIED.

As COH fan I'm very happy to see this. I really hope NCSoft goes under and is forced to sell off COH to satisfy investors!

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #1031 on: December 24, 2012, 06:22:05 PM »
As COH fan I'm very happy to see this. I really hope NCSoft goes under and is forced to sell off COH to satisfy investors!

Call me too blueside, but I'm hoping they just see it in their best interest to sell off their old IP they aren't using. If they did that, I know I'd be happy to say they've learned to show more respect to their playerbase and other people would too. They'd make a big chunk of profit, and be ready to turn towards a new golden age. Would CoH players be their customers again? Unlikely. But I know I might wince at their name then say "at least they learned from the experience."

Here's to hoping.
Woo! - Argent Girl

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1032 on: December 24, 2012, 06:35:08 PM »
Call me too blueside, but I'm hoping they just see it in their best interest to sell off their old IP they aren't using

I agree with that. If they go under they'll drag as many studios unfortunate enough to work for them down with them and cost plenty of jobs, so I'd rather they realize selling CoH is in their best interests and leave them to do what they fancy after selling.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #1033 on: December 24, 2012, 06:58:23 PM »
I wouldn't want to see anyone else out of work, but right now I'm selfish enough to want CoX back any way I can get it.
(so, I guess I have a more Rogue/Vigilante opinion? or Praetorian Loyalist maybe {"as long as it helps me, I could care less what else happens"}?)

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1034 on: December 25, 2012, 06:22:07 AM »
Kaiser Tarantula, thanks for the NCSoft stock link. It's more dramatic when you click the ytd or 1 yr, you'll find their stock dropping is readily apparent since the COH closure announcement,

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/chart?symbol=036570.KS

If I were an NCSoft stockholder I'd be VERY WORRIED.

Actually, the best view is the six-month view, where you have the color change under the line between August and September, which makes it easy to see when the closure announcement went out. And their stock goes up until the 7th, then we held the Unity rally and their stock started its nosedive.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #1035 on: December 25, 2012, 06:50:08 AM »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #1036 on: December 25, 2012, 07:18:32 AM »
Bearing in mind this is only one reporter talking to me, so who knows...but "Joe," the reporter that interviewed me for the Korean times, indicated at the feeling at the paper is that NCSoft is giving at least some of those analysts kickbacks for their glowing recommendations.  He also indicated that this is by no means out of the ordinary over there.  If I were to hazard a pure guess, it is that most stockholders are aware of this and not listening to the analysts.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Quinch

« Reply #1037 on: December 25, 2012, 10:18:55 AM »
It still raises the question, even if all those analysts are recommending buy - why isn't anyone doing that?

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #1038 on: December 25, 2012, 12:52:04 PM »
It still raises the question, even if all those analysts are recommending buy - why isn't anyone doing that?
If there is a price on the stock that's fluctuating, it's because some people are buying it. Don't worry. Just not enough to make the price rise.
Yeeessss....

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1039 on: December 25, 2012, 05:25:09 PM »
Yeah. In order for a stock to move at all, it means someone is buying something. It just means that someone is buying the low-price stuff hoping for a spike back up later.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal