Author Topic: NCSoft Stockwatch  (Read 714350 times)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Re: NCSoft Stockwatch
« Reply #540 on: December 05, 2012, 06:18:21 AM »
A few hours later with a more level head, and I'm realizing how right you guys are about not wanting other employees to lose their jobs. "Two wrongs don't make a right" and all that. My apologies to the people whose livelihoods are at risk with this company.

Oh and if it did end up making them clear out the whole closet, and maybe Dungeon Runners could get up and running again somehow, well that would be a pretty good thing too. It's been a while since I've worn my Corrugated Cardboard Epaulets of the Prostrated Rhinoceros into battle. They've probably gotten rusty. Or... soggy. :o

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #541 on: December 05, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
Blueside:
You want us to play your newer games, NCSoft?
Well, you can forget it. We're done, tired of the shitty way you treat your customers. You want our business? You can't have it.
But we did you a big favor - we brought you plenty of media attention!  ;D

Redside:
Like all guilty men, you try to rewrite your history, to forget all the worlds and beings the NCSoft Corporation has destroyed.
If we could show the corporation's true face, customers will cease to believe in it. There will be blood in the water, and the sharks will come. All we have to do is sit back and watch as your own shareholders consume you.   8)

... yes, Iron Man 2 is awesome. But that's besides the point.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #542 on: December 05, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »
Excuse me while I indulge in my oft neglected redside....

"COME!!! LAUGH WITH ME!!! MUA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!"

"We'll show them! We'll show them ALL! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

(Can you tell my favorite redside arc was Vernon Von Grun? ^_^)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #543 on: December 05, 2012, 10:22:31 AM »

Ok, I'll laugh with you:   :D BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I wonder whether NCSoft is still as confident as they once claimed that they'd not regret their decision to close City of Heroes.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Ammon

• Team Wildcard
  • Boss
  • UK marketing guy and City of Heroes addict
« Reply #544 on: December 05, 2012, 01:03:17 PM »
I almost feel sorry for Nexon.  Its like they paid for their 15% stake in NCsoft twice.  First by buying them for almost $700 million, and then by seeing their value decrease by a truly humongous amount since that time in June...  There's more than a little irony in the fact that at first, eyebrows were raised that they were bought at under the market value, but no you can see that they massively overpaid what those shares are worth today. :D

The CEO of NCsoft is almost certainly not the only CEO under increasing scrutiny and question over this whole debacle.  It would be very hard for the CEO of Nexon to now justify his decision which partly caused this whole mess, which currently can only look a lot like throwing away a not inconsiderable amount of Nexon's money.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #545 on: December 05, 2012, 01:31:17 PM »
I almost feel sorry for Nexon.  Its like they paid for their 15% stake in NCsoft twice.  First by buying them for almost $700 million, and then by seeing their value decrease by a truly humongous amount since that time in June...  There's more than a little irony in the fact that at first, eyebrows were raised that they were bought at under the market value, but no you can see that they massively overpaid what those shares are worth today. :D

Looks like doing business with NCSoft lately ends up costing people a lot more than they thought it would.  >.>

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #546 on: December 05, 2012, 03:23:12 PM »

*hands you a celebratory vial of bees*

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #547 on: December 05, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
That gives me an idea....

Hey, Tony, how about making a sticky link to their stock-watch(and locking it), so we can watch the ongoing faceplant?

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #548 on: December 05, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »
That gives me an idea....

Hey, Tony, how about making a sticky link to their stock-watch(and locking it), so we can watch the ongoing faceplant?

Our instead of inflating the amount of stickies, you could just favorite it in your browser like I did. 8)

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
« Reply #549 on: December 05, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »
How about we do the weather balloon thing, and launch Statesman to the edge of space with a "SaveCoH" ribbon, or a message for Disney attached to him?

Get off Emmert's back, all that nerfing was, like, a million years ago! Sheesh, let it go alrea... oh wait, you mean a mannequin dressed up as the character Statesman? Never mind!

Fulcrum

• Lieutenant
  • The Phoenix Effect
« Reply #550 on: December 05, 2012, 03:43:51 PM »
Get off Emmert's back, all that nerfing was, like, a million years ago! Sheesh, let it go alrea... oh wait, you mean a mannequin dressed up as the character Statesman? Never mind!

...  Wait, can't we just do both? ;)

Yoru-hime

• Minion
« Reply #551 on: December 05, 2012, 03:52:38 PM »
Mannequin?  ???

Oh! MANNEQUIN!  Of COURSE that's what we were doing. Haha haha... :D

On an utterly unrelated and completely not illegal note, does anyone know if you can get refunds on tranquilizer darts?

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #552 on: December 05, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »
So does anyone know or Looked in to Toon Town Player numbers its a year older then CoH & Disney still has that going. And I do remember seeing some Saturday morning commericals for it a year ago.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #553 on: December 05, 2012, 04:25:14 PM »
Actually, kids are sending Lego people to the edge of space with a camera for around $300 US. If we could get a Captain America action figure mocked up like States, it's eminently doable.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #554 on: December 05, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »
*post removed due to Titan Network refusing to delete posts at users request, and not deleting user account*

Did cmgangrel pick up his internets and go home?  :(   We need that guy, he keeps us grounded.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #555 on: December 05, 2012, 04:28:25 PM »
Yeah, I'm baffled by all the post-removals with that same message. I hadn't seen any drama that I know of, but I do know that it's possible to have tons of it without most people ever noticing.

Opilion

• Underling
« Reply #556 on: December 05, 2012, 04:32:19 PM »
Something went down with cmgangrel in this thread:

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,6967.0.html

Beyond that, I couldn't say.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #557 on: December 05, 2012, 04:36:34 PM »
Yeah, I'm baffled by all the post-removals with that same message. I hadn't seen any drama that I know of, but I do know that it's possible to have tons of it without most people ever noticing.

Yes there was drama, and I haven't got to the bottom of what it was, and as Nafaustu said, Gangrel is a very useful person to have aboard. I met him at the EU player meet (which he co-organised with his GF) and he is well connected, well informed and his views are usually pretty accurate.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #558 on: December 05, 2012, 04:42:40 PM »
*hands you a celebratory vial of bees*

Can I toss them at Taek Jin Kim? I'd love to see his impression of Nick Cage. :D

"NO NO! NOT THE BEES!! AHHHHHH!!!"

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #559 on: December 05, 2012, 04:48:02 PM »
Did cmgangrel pick up his internets and go home?  :(   We need that guy, he keeps us grounded.

Yup, threw his toys out of the pram.