Author Topic: Idea: Foreign Relations  (Read 1755 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Idea: Foreign Relations
« on: September 19, 2012, 02:49:29 AM »
Just an idea I wanted to kick around and see if there's any merit to it. So far we've been very successful in gaining support, however most of that support has been localized in the western hemisphere, which NCSoft has made quite clear is a secondary market to them.

So my question is this, do we have any supporters who speak fluent Korean, Chinese, or Japanese, and have the ability to access, or already have access to the Asia region servers (Korea, Japan, Taiwan, or China) for Lineage (II), Aion, or Blade and Soul?

What I'd like to propose is, if it all possible, get the word out to players on those servers about what's happening. While many people simply may not care, if we could at least get them talking about it, and about the possibility of their game eventually being shut down in a similar fashion if they should fail to make the desired numbers, or for any reason at all apparently, it might spread and be noticed.

We may be making a lot of noise here, but those regions are their bread & butter, and if we can gain some traction there it might really increase the pressure to sell the property rather than let it die.

castorcorvus

• Lieutenant
Re: Idea: Foreign Relations
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 02:56:53 AM »
You better be able to speak some of those languages, because I can't. lol

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 03:27:56 AM »
Good idea, but I only speak three languages. English, bad english, and Sarcasm. >.>;
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 03:29:02 AM »
Good idea, but I only speak three languages. English, bad english, and Sarcasm. >.>;
I only speak one more, 1337.

The S00p3rfr34k 1$ n0 pr0bl3m f0r m3!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 03:31:01 AM »
ROT13 and Klingon?

I can speak decent French if drunk enough.  :D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 03:43:38 AM »
german is the best i can do. I can see if my friend who speaks japaneese can help but thats not korean so i doubt it will. she only has a coh account also so if she has to buy one of those games it wont happen. she refuses to spend another dime on ncsoft after this. maybe she can get a trial account and do it.

edit: i emailed her and asked...now we wait.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 09:09:28 PM »
I am french, I wish and have plans laid out to make an appeal video to gamers community at large, but my video-fu is weak, and my mind is so much swamped with ideas of implementation of the game engine, that I can't work full days without going to the forum see if Arcanaville answered something on the official forum.

John Phaser and Myriade also are french players I personally know (though not seeing them regularly :P), I don't know what they are doing right now. Dark Freeman is a french player that animated a podcast, I'm trying to contact him again for at least one last action to save the game.
Yeeessss....