Author Topic: Hurricane  (Read 6953 times)

BobMc

• Lieutenant
Hurricane
« on: September 16, 2012, 01:25:58 AM »
I'm wondering if it would be a heroic gesture to do an Aid fund raiser for South Korea if that massive hurricane bearing down on them slams them as hard as some weather reports are suggesting.

Not sure if International Red Cross or whatever would be who to contact.

But it seems like a classy thing to do, and maybe even newsworthy.
The final line of a post  by Sweet_Sarah on Liberty
"Together we entered a city of strangers, we made it a city of friends, and we leave it a City of Heroes."

TinFoil

• Minion
Re: Hurricane
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 02:53:37 AM »
I very much support this idea. Not only is it a worthy cause, but it might get some news attention in South Korea.

If the Titan devs find a way to set this up, I will gladly give a few bucks.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 03:57:29 AM »
While I cannot contribute financially to any such endeavor(I only just got a job this past Sunday), I whole-heartedly support the idea of aiding them should this horrible storm find land fall on their shores.

I'd also like to take a moment to thank this community. It'd be very easy for us to be petty about recent events, and yet, here we are ready to step up again.

...after all. We are heroes. This IS what we do.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 04:08:14 AM »
It'd be very nice if we could find a reputable organization and somehow get a specific URL extension set up so we can track and show just how much our community cares about others too. (example given: charityname.org/relief/hurricanename/titan) Or, set up another donation link for PayPal and then somehow submit it to a relief organization as Titan CoH Community. Our number one focus is to help those that are going to be devastated by the hurricane/typhoon, and not to gain news recognition.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Gothica

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 04:16:07 AM »
I'm for it.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 04:17:53 AM »
I think this is an excellent idea...kind of a Real World Heroes. Seeing as we easily raised $1,000 in 3 hours - imagine what we could do with 3 days..or 3 weeks!

Grower

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 05:31:58 AM »
This is an EXCELLENT idea.

Knightward

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 05:37:45 AM »
I will DEFINITELY put money into this.  Heck, I'd put money into it even if we weren't trying to save the City!

Also, first post on here!

Ultraviolets

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 06:06:51 AM »
I will DEFINITELY put money into this.  Heck, I'd put money into it even if we weren't trying to save the City!

Also, first post on here!

What Knightward said! Welcome, btw!

darkskye

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 06:45:11 AM »
I'd also like to take a moment to thank this community. It'd be very easy for us to be petty about recent events, and yet, here we are ready to step up again.

Well said

Jetfire99

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 09:06:04 AM »
I'm into this idea myself.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 09:19:49 AM »
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 12:09:20 PM »
I'm very willing to help the people of Korea in their time of need.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 02:25:56 PM »
I'm game!

Love the idea.

Dark-Eve

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 08:27:38 PM »
hmmmm Could be a interesting Headline here good idea, great cause either way..... Just us Heroes doing what we do everyday....being heroes  :D

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 08:55:56 PM »
If something like this--contributing to a South Korean charitable cause--isn't on the whiteboard for a potential Call to Action, it should be. But, again, there may be cultural differences here--would giving to people in Korea be seen as a sign of solidarity or a sign of pity? Does someone here know enough about Korean culture to say?
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Plinkyplonk

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 08:58:57 PM »
If something like this--contributing to a South Korean charitable cause--isn't on the whiteboard for a potential Call to Action, it should be. But, again, there may be cultural differences here--would giving to people in Korea be seen as a sign of solidarity or a sign of pity? Does someone here know enough about Korean culture to say?

I am sure any aid from anywhere after a natural disaster would be gratefully received.

TargetOne

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 09:07:17 PM »
I'd be all for it... especially if it could be publicly stated that such donations were "on behalf of the City of Heroes Community. We're heroes. This is what we do."

Side note: First time posting here on Titan. :)

TargetOne

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 09:08:10 PM »
I am sure any aid from anywhere after a natural disaster would be gratefully received.

Perhaps, but there are many cultures--some of which even exist inside America--where the acceptance of aid, especially if the public is aware of it, becomes a sign of weakness. So long as South Korea isn't one of those cultures, I'd certainly have no reservations. :)
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 09:10:28 PM »
Im in.
@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)