Author Topic: Just an idea for a Call to Action...  (Read 1030 times)

euterpechild

Just an idea for a Call to Action...
« on: September 14, 2012, 03:40:38 PM »
I had the beginnings of an idea for another Call to Action - maybe a day of "Dispute the Charges"? NCSoft hasn't seem to have offered any refunds for those who paid their subscriptions in advance, but I don't think those people should be the only ones. How many people bought points they will never be able to use. Maybe anyone who spent money on the game in the 2 weeks before the announcement should dispute too. Make a day of it?

I know some people are already disputing charges. Maybe if more did?

Thoughts, flaws in my logic, feedback?

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
Re: Just an idea for a Call to Action...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 03:59:20 PM »
We've been trying to avoid any kind of action that makes NCSoft the villain and/or directly attacks them.

Ultimately we need them to decide we are worth saving, and that means we have to be nice to them. For now  :P
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Just an idea for a Call to Action...
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 04:05:42 PM »
That seems problematic as all they have really done is announce the closure and disallow new subscriptions. If you prepaid, you still have access. So I don't think you can claim that they're not delivering the service that was paid for. The future is still uncertain.

On Nov 30, however, if the servers shut down and they haven't refunded the unused portion of my prepaid sub, you can be I'll be demanding a prorated refund, and disputing the original charge with my bank if they refuse.

There's probably some wording in the ToS that they think gives them the right to offer time on another game instead, however once they are no longer offering the service then that agreement becomes null and void.