Author Topic: Paragon 'Safety Net Fund' suggestion  (Read 1420 times)

Skorpios

• Underling
Paragon 'Safety Net Fund' suggestion
« on: September 13, 2012, 06:44:02 PM »
Hi all,

I just checked my NCSoft account and my subscription is paid up until January 2013.  As far as I'm aware there has still been no information regarding refunds or other arrangements.  As I paid that money originally to play City of Heroes and support Paragon Studios I'm wondering if there is a way we can ask NCSoft to divert refunds (or offers of free time in other NCSoft games or whatever) into a 'Safety Net Fund' for former Paragon Studios employees.  If this is not possible, then I'd like to donate any refund I receive into such a fund set up by the Titan Network.  This is an idea somewhere between the 'Have dinner on us' level of support (which I love and have already donated to) and a full on attempt to crowdsource funding for a reborn Paragon Studios.

My thinking is that the 'Safety Net Fund' is an expression of our appreciation to Paragon Studios staff members and an attempt to offer assistance during a difficult time (looking for work, moving to new jobs, etc) after such a sudden disruption to their professional and personal lives.

Soundtrack

• Boss
Re: Paragon 'Safety Net Fund' suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 07:01:40 PM »
I'd much rather my refund go to this cause than "game credits" to another NCSoft game.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 07:13:04 PM »
First of all, I'll be surprised--and disappointed--if NCsoft doesn't change their policy about CoH refunds in the very near future.

Failing that, I wouldn't mind seeing my money go to help take care of the Paragon Studios team until they can find a new job, should it come to that.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 09:29:24 PM »
I really doubt we'll be seeing any cash from NCsoft.  They don't want us throwing our money at a cause aimed at overthrowing their position, they more likely want us to get over it and into a new NCsoft MMO. 

Being said, I like the idea and am definitely willing to donate my subscription assuming I have the funds to do so.  (As a full-time student with a less-than-full-time job, food kinda has to come first >.>)

Edit:  Now with more happy.