Author Topic: Slashdot  (Read 2483 times)

cforciea

• Underling
Slashdot
« on: September 12, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »
I've skimmed through the forums here and I haven't seen Slashdot come up as a potential media outlet to hit up. They ran a story on the initial closing announcement and tend to do some gaming news. If somebody puts in a submission with links to one or more of the gaming news sites that are already covering the issue and it gets our upvotes in the firehose, I would think there's a solid chance it would get put on the front page. It has a fairly large readership that, as a general rule, has a pro-consumer slant. Thoughts?

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
Re: Slashdot
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 09:35:31 PM »
Why not? If you're familiar with the community there, go for it. :)
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »
I've posted multiple stories to /. in the last week.  None of them even came close to the front page.

Even a hoary old quad-digit like me doesn't have any pull over there.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:44:09 PM »
there was an article on slashdot about the closure on 8/31, it mentioned the petition since that was the only thing which started before the article was written

for reference i found the article here: http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/08/31/2040222/ncsoft-closes-city-of-heroes-publisher-paragon-studios

cforciea

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:52:39 PM »
I've posted multiple stories to /. in the last week.  None of them even came close to the front page.

Even a hoary old quad-digit like me doesn't have any pull over there.

Would it work better if we got people from here pointed there to upvote it? I'll give writing a submission a shot tonight if nobody else wants to do it, but while I'm a long time slashdot reader, I haven't submitted a story before, so my grasp of the process is a little weak.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 10:20:27 PM »
Okay, just pulled the trigger on another submission.

http://slashdot.org/submission/2255283/can-the-city-of-heroes-save-itself

Hopefully we can get something accepted by them.

Head on over and leave your comments!  If you've got metamod, vote it up!

cforciea

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 11:56:12 PM »
I plussed it.

For anybody who might have a slashdot account but is unfamiliar with it, you'll want to visit this page:

http://slashdot.org/firehose.pl

and hit the plus next to the story and select a tag (interesting?). I'm not actually sure a brand new account can mod submissions, but somebody without an account is welcome to try.