Author Topic: Call to Action: Positron's Ally Event  (Read 48635 times)

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
Re: Call to Action: Positron's Ally Event
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2012, 07:29:33 PM »
Outcome on Protector was successfull today!
3 teams started the Postron's Ally event: 2 PUG teams gathered in a League, and one team of friends.

18 people in all. Considering many ran last Thursday already, not bad at all.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:22:18 PM by Globetrotter »
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

angelo.pampalone

• Underling
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2012, 08:18:07 PM »
On Union we had 4 teams for Positron part 1 and 2.
Team 1 and 3 of 6 members, team 2 of 7 members and team 4 of 8 members.
We stay in league and had fun all together!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2012, 08:30:03 PM »
I'm glad I got in on Thursday. The power company can't seem to keep my power on today.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Cyclone Jack

• Underling
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2012, 09:09:01 PM »
Liberty had at least 2 teams this morning.

jweant

• Underling
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2012, 09:17:23 PM »
I will try to be there Thursday, but, definitely on Saturday.

Well, I just scrounged together a Positron TF on Pinnacle and I have to say, I was pretty disappointed. Only 5 showed up and one dropped inbetween Parts I and II. Nobody knew it was even going on, but, it's good to know there are still atleast 4 1/2 heroes on Pinnacle. :)

Gothica

• Minion
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2012, 10:45:23 PM »
Guardian reports in. We had a couple of teams, I think, for part 1 and at least one team for part 2 today.

Tolrick

• Underling
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2012, 11:54:04 PM »
Slightly late Virtue report.   I got into three Posi TFs on Thursday.
Only got a screenshot from one though.

Here you see the victorious team
@Tolrick; Virtue Server

Shade Girl, Eternal Youth, Lion of England, and too many others to name

Wolfram

• Underling
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2012, 12:42:01 AM »
Some pictures from Union (I don't know what team number we were :P)

Gathering by Positron

Battling in Oranbega

On the steps of city hall

Bastinado (top centre) demonstrates how to deal with an evil clone in a top hat

The team victorious at the dam

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2012, 01:24:49 AM »
Ya know, that's the first time I've completed a Positron in many, many years. And now I remember why. (grin)

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2012, 01:35:45 AM »

Just be thankful it wasn't a Synapse Rally LOL!

(GRR I hate that TF!)

Ya know, that's the first time I've completed a Positron in many, many years. And now I remember why. (grin)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2012, 01:41:23 AM »
Oh, but Triumph's Crisis of Infinite Babbages was a night to remember!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32GGfEsChtE
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Ryks

• Underling
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2012, 03:43:12 AM »
Well, I just scrounged together a Positron TF on Pinnacle and I have to say, I was pretty disappointed. Only 5 showed up and one dropped inbetween Parts I and II. Nobody knew it was even going on, but, it's good to know there are still atleast 4 1/2 heroes on Pinnacle. :)

I was happy to partake in the Positron TF, I'm not sure of every hero's name but If you see yourself please identify yourself in the pictures.

Thank You,

Ryks

The 4 hero's who mitigated 3 separate villainous groups stand triumphant on the Faultline dam bridge from where they cast aside Dr. Vahzilok and his abominations.

I think people knew it was going on, but it seemed that not that many people where on Pinnacle during that time. Some of it I chalk up to apathy and some to despair, but I hold out good hope for the hero's of Pinnacle as I still see the ones logging in holding the torch in Atlas Park.  Many that I messaged where busy with with work life or couldn't stay for the event due to meat space concerns.

Janrith

• Minion
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2012, 05:12:32 AM »
Not sure if anyone knows this but the metadata on screenshots from the game contains the toon names of everyone on your team.  Check the image Properties, then go to details and view the title section.

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2012, 07:55:39 AM »
Not sure if anyone knows this but the metadata on screenshots from the game contains the toon names of everyone on your team.  Check the image Properties, then go to details and view the title section.

I discovered that a couple of days ago, this is indeed very helpful !
--

ColTech

• Underling
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2012, 01:57:55 PM »
I joined a random PUG on Freedom for a Posi Pt 2. One of the players announced he was here with his 8 and 10 year old children and asked if anyone minded...of course we did not. Then we had one spot left open and he asked if he wife could join... well Yeah! Made me smile realizing I was playing with an entire family :)

Yeah, that was my family in this team on Freedom!  Some of you will know me better as ColTech.

The group was a small concept for my family called Stormm Front.  My wife and I created these toons years ago, and have been waiting for the day that we could team with our two sons.  They are now 8 and 10 years old, and it is only in the past year or so that we have finally been able to team as a foursome.

It kills me that this may soon come to an end.  We were just getting ready to start training the 4 year old as well.

These boys have grown up sitting on my lap while I play, hitting the space bar and saying, "Jump, Daddy, Jump!" while I ran around Paragon City.  SInce then, they've grown into major fans of the game, with worse cases of alt-itis than I.

Thanks again to all who joined us on Saturday!  We appreciated your patience with the Stormm Front clan! 

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2012, 06:45:08 PM »
Any attempts to get an article in the news sources?  Considering how well the dinner event went you should emphasize the 'Positron's Ally' purpose.

angelo.pampalone

• Underling
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2012, 06:51:56 PM »
A screenshot of some Union peoples gathered for the event.

Toons: Grattolomeo II (mine), Nebula Mortis, Solar Flux, Kimiki, Blazeering, La Sirenita, Bela Veela, Flaming Shots

We had lot & lot of fun!

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2012, 07:05:16 PM »

(GRR I hate that TF!)

In general I always found TFs the least enjoyable part of CoH. Well, until they added iTrials. (delicatge shudder) those are just plain awful.

frostcoh

• Minion
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2012, 10:47:31 PM »
In general I always found TFs the least enjoyable part of CoH. Well, until they added iTrials. (delicatge shudder) those are just plain awful.

I LOVE the itrials!...and most of the task forces...I find Citadel boring, Dr. Q is rough, really, rough, but other than that, I love the task forces. 

Eden is probably my favorite, after that Mother Mayhem.

Windy

• Underling
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2012, 11:39:59 PM »
Yeah, that was my family in this team on Freedom!  Some of you will know me better as ColTech.

The group was a small concept for my family called Stormm Front.  My wife and I created these toons years ago, and have been waiting for the day that we could team with our two sons.  They are now 8 and 10 years old, and it is only in the past year or so that we have finally been able to team as a foursome.

It kills me that this may soon come to an end.  We were just getting ready to start training the 4 year old as well.

These boys have grown up sitting on my lap while I play, hitting the space bar and saying, "Jump, Daddy, Jump!" while I ran around Paragon City.  SInce then, they've grown into major fans of the game, with worse cases of alt-itis than I.

Thanks again to all who joined us on Saturday!  We appreciated your patience with the Stormm Front clan!

Hi there, ColTech & Toasty/Prozac!  I'm in there with my main, Wind Wench.  (I didn't get any XP either!)  Emerald Panda is an alt of an SG mate of mine; we're both long time Babes of War!  We were happy to have the whole family there!  I've run with parents and their children before, but it was always just 1 parent and 1 child.  I've never run with an entire family! 

So many sad and bittersweet stories coming out of this shutdown.  ColTech, you are not the first parent I've heard of who is saddened that they won't get a chance to share the game with their children or move beyond the "jump, Daddy,jump" phase.  SO many families play together.  We had SG mates, a married couple, who would play on a different server one night a week to play with the Dad of one of the spouses.  I've seen people do the same to team with assorted family that was scattered across the U.S.   

We've always been a family friendly SG; we have bunches of couples, RL friends and even parent/teen players as I'm sure many SGs do.  We had some young teens many years back and we made a few adjustments for them.  We kept all talk and jokes PG until 1am.  We tweaked our SG uniform for them.  And we made sure their parents were OK with everything.

There are so many things I dig about the game.  My SG became family and made this game feel like coming home.  But one of my favorite memories took place about 6 months into playing back in 2004; I was on a lowbie team running back and forth between AP and Perez or the Hollows.  Got to talking with one of the players and it turns out it was a Dad helping his 5 year old daughter run her first toon.  I started talking to her about how she liked the game, being a hero and spending time with her Dad instead of talking to her Dad about whatever.  The response time increased significantly, but reading her responses was amazing, heart-warming and touching.  It was awesome. 

For that Dad and his daughter (who must be about 13 now), for Coltech and his family, for all the families spending time in-game together and for all of us who have made family out of the friends we made in this game......I hope we can save it.  If not, I hope someday we all get another game that has so many things to see, things to experience and ways to play.

---@Windy
The Babes of War
Freedom Server
@Windy
Freedom Server