Author Topic: Request: Consolidated Page  (Read 1550 times)

Gunaro

• Underling
Request: Consolidated Page
« on: September 12, 2012, 10:16:04 AM »
Hey folks...I have a request. I wish I could do it myself, but I'm frankly not internet savvy enough.

I'm attempting to contact more and bigger media sources. But what I would really like to have is a nice, consolidated web page to show them. Something that can easily explain all of our efforts and catch the eye of the bored person who reads 200 emails a day. So kind-of-like the FAQ page, but made more eye-catching then a forum post.

IF something like that already exists, I apologize...please direct me that way and I'll delete this post. If not...this is what I'm looking for.

A simple page...something with a nice image (like some of the save city banners or the one of the unity protestors on top.
=============
Under that, A "what"....something that explains what this is about, in a sentence or two. "On August 31st, NC Soft studios announced the closure of the MMO City of Heroes. We, the players, are rallying to keep our game alive."
With a link to the NC soft announcement and TonyV's "we are heroes" page.
=============
Our efforts area:
Beginning with the unity rally (again, with that picture), list all of our efforts thus far, and what they've done. I say start with the unity rally because images are the best way to grab attention, and that one is a visible effort. So, for example:

Unity Rally: On Saturday, September 8, 5:00pm Eastern, thousands of players rallied in-game to keep city of heroes alive. "Holding the torch" to keep their game going, the players filled 42 zones, one server with a 300+ waitlist, with an estimated turnout of 5,000 folks. <LINK>

Media Outreach: Superheroes and super villains alike have reached out to the media, and their efforts have been featured on 138 different articles. <LINK TO THE SPREADSHEET>

Petition: A petition has been started to save city of heroes, and has over 17,000 signatures. <LINK TO PETITION>

and so on, featuring the write to NCSoft campaign, the capes/mask campaign, and anything else desired.
===========
The state of things area:

Again, just a few sentences. The quote from Zwill here: "I can tell you this; You're all being heard, loud and clear."

===========
What can be done section:

===========

And maybe a list to charities? to real world hero, to our posts about desires to help charities? Just a thought to 'pull at the old heart strings'

I myself run a small local charity...but its not far reaching enough to really mention.....
==============

Again, I'd like to be able to send something eye-catching to the sources I am trying to contact. Having a page like this would give a nice, consolidated picture of what we're doing. The links would allow the viewer to 'look deeper' at what's going on, or of any area that they found interesting.

I with I could make it myself, but it would end up being a cheesy looking google site...

Thoughts, opinions? anything I can do to make this happen?

Ken "Gunaro"
corrupter, pinnacle server

ALSO, I just want to say thank you to everyone. I'm doing all that I can, and am amazed and pleased to see all of what you are doing. Keep you're spirits up, and keep motivated! We need to BELIEVE that we can make this change, and stay strong. My heart goes out to you all, and to the devs.

Maressa

• Boss
Re: Request: Consolidated Page
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Hiya,

TonyV and I are asking people not to contact media independently right now unless they have special connections. He and I have been working on press releases which we are more than happy to share with those with the special connections. We're extremely greatful for all the support and work people are doing. We will be announcing more soon. If you'd like a copy of the press release please let me or TonyV know.

Thanks!

ScottyB

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »
I know Titan Network has its own developers (and have set up an awesome site) but I'd like to throw presskit() out there for you. Link. It's designed for presenting information like the OP suggests, quick sections meant for the media to look at and learn the basics of a company, product, or project.

I know you want us to hold off on contacting the media, but with a press kit we could refer people we know or meet to Titan Network where they'd find information on how to contact the appropriate members about #SaveCOH.

Windy

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 07:20:05 PM »
I know Titan Network has its own developers (and have set up an awesome site) but I'd like to throw presskit() out there for you. Link. It's designed for presenting information like the OP suggests, quick sections meant for the media to look at and learn the basics of a company, product, or project.

I know you want us to hold off on contacting the media, but with a press kit we could refer people we know or meet to Titan Network where they'd find information on how to contact the appropriate members about #SaveCOH.

/Signed on the need for a press kit.  It can be a link on the main page and doesn't even need to use the link that ScottyB so thoughtfully gave us.  I said I'd email Tony, and darnit, I mean it this time!
@Windy
Freedom Server

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 07:58:15 PM »
I sent this to Tony V but I'll post it here too. 

When the coordination efforts were getting off the ground, I went ahead and secured two domain names: savecoh.com and savecityofheroes.com.  I can easily host the domains but my time is limited on website/page creations at this time.  So if we have some folks that have time to make a simple clean consolidation page, I can upload it and have something under that domain.

Feel free to contact me directly in PM here or in many other places listed below.

Alty,

E: altoholic.monkey@gmail.com
FB: http://www.facebook.com/AltyM
Twitter: @AltyMonkey
In Game: @Alty