Author Topic: Saving bases and locked toons?  (Read 2014 times)

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
Saving bases and locked toons?
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:30:36 PM »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Saving bases and locked toons?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 07:32:21 PM »
Bases (including contents in storage) can be captured in a demorecord file while standing in the base.

Unfortunately, there's no way at this time to collect the data for characters that are locked.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:33:53 PM »
Oh thanks! So do i just stand in the base when i save my toon with sentinal or do i need a different program? 

Anyone think of a way to unlock locked toons to save them?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 07:35:58 PM »
Sentinel isn't involved. Stand in a base and type this in the chat window:

/demorecord yoursgname
/demostop

It takes effect instantly, you can demostop right after you start recording and you already have everything you need. Look in your coh install directory, there should be a folder called client_demos. Inside of that find yoursgname.cohdemo and copy that file somewhere safe. That's your base.

A solution for locked characters unfortunately isn't possible from our end. :(

darkskye

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 09:19:22 PM »
Locked toons could be copied to the beta server, where when the store is functioning (which isn't always) you can buy more server slots (for free) and see them again.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
Locked toons could be copied to the beta server, where when the store is functioning (which isn't always) you can buy more server slots (for free) and see them again.
Correct, but Sentinel+ is still only functional on the live client.  About the best you could probably do on Beta is save your costume files at the tailor.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »
Hm, what about the Training Room?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 10:34:50 PM »
I'm not sure what the state of the store is on the Training Room and I'm not certain which client version it has loaded.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin