Author Topic: A Different Type of Rally  (Read 2314 times)

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
A Different Type of Rally
« on: September 10, 2012, 05:08:54 PM »
I had an idea based on something my husband told me...

He's never done a Hamidon Raid.  I don't think he's done a mothership, either.

Speaking for the Dawn Enterprise Coalition as one of the SG leaders, I'd like to propose a weekend of Hamidon events (Feed the Hamidon - a line my husband used) and Mothership raids (Hopeward Bound).

There' just one problem... I suck at leading largescale raids.  I know people who may help if they have the time, but if anyone else wants to help sponser this, we can create flyers and spread the word.  It would not be limited to any single server (I play mostly on Virtue but can move characters to other servers..  maybe start with Freedom this time?).  The goal would be to play the game and run as many raids as we can in a single day... maybe starting around noon CST.

Yea?  Nay?  Feedback on the idea please?

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: A Different Type of Rally
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »
I'd get in on that.  I cannot execute it though, I've only ever run one successful (read: my computer put up with me) MSR and never completed a Hami raid (tried three times.)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 06:37:23 PM »
It would be really interesting if we could coordinate multiple raids simultaneously on multiple servers.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 06:38:24 PM »
One of the coolest "events" I can recall, and one that so far as I know was never organized on more than one or two occasions, was the Rikti Dropship challenge. It sounded as if at least some of the "invasion" events can be turned on at the servers. IF that is possible, a rolling series of events moving through all the servers to take down dropships would be a lotta fun. Much more doable now with server transfers and the ready availability of jetpacks. All depends on whether the invasions can be enabled or not.

Samuraiko's video (one of my favorites)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZHWhE6JQ_U

MaiDemise's video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHBL5THgh8Y

ColTech

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »
This could be both a good way to display the continued viability of the game, and also have a lot of fun!
Like so many of us here, i've been playing since Launch, but I am almost embarrassed to admit that I have never taken part in many of the game's finest events.  I have a taste to take them all on now, and so much the better if it can be a means of gaining momentum for our cause.

THis past weekend, I took part in my first ever Dropship Raid.  (Thanks Justice!)  This was so ridiculously epic to me, that it has made me feel like I need to take on Hami and MSR as well.
So, if something like this is afoot, please count me in.  However, I would not be the guy to take the lead, I am afraid.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 06:43:21 PM »
There was some talk by rednames just after the NCsoft announcement (Black Friday?) about turning on holiday events between now and Nov. 30 - different event each week.

I haven't really heard anything more on that lately, though.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 07:05:54 PM »
When a mothership raid is completed, an invasion is triggered in 2 randomly selected zones (and I hope, all the instances of this zone), one for each side (normally)

If we could complete 3 or 4 mothership raids at the same time, we could recreate a full-scale invasion !
Yeeessss....

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 04:29:39 AM »
I'd be up to try, I love mothership raids anyway